• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Whitebeard has recently been upgraded to 6-B. So now I can do this matchup.

Whitebeard vs Superman (DCEU)

Both 6-B

Speed Equal

Whitebeard:

Soup:

Jah:

Too bad, it would be an interesting fight. But I think only Haoshoku Haki would be enough.

Without resistance to Empathic Manipulation, Superman would probably fall swooning quickly.

I've heard from the staff in Kukui's recent thread that having a similar verse characteristics doesn't guarantee you the ability or resistance to it. So I believe Haoshoku works on anyone who has no empathic manipulation resistance.

It's actually logic. Energy Equalization shouldn't grant you abilities or resistances from the other energy, just making the energies comparable in some interactions.

Reiatsu and Ki being equalized means that the Androids could absorb their energy, but that doesn't mean people like Cell have Resistance to Soulhax since that's not a trait in the DB verse.

Not sure about Haki tho. Might need a verse wide revision later. I've been thinking about that the whole day.

Haoshoku Haki only works with people who have weak willpower. Otherwise many OPverse characters should have resistance against Empathic Manipulation, and this is not the case. This is Haoshoku's own weakness.

Not sure. Right now, Haoshoku only faints fodder.

If there comes the time where Haki comes as a concept much like Reiatsu and willpower is defined as Haki more like a "fighting spirit energy that can protect you", then Haoshoku would be pretty broken.

No need to have haki to not fall towards Haoshoku. Eustass Kidd before timeskip is an example, resisted Rayleigh haki with his own will.

You didn't get the point and I'm not sure how to even explain it.

We don't know if Kid had Haki or not at that time tho.

Just like in Bleach, having spiritual energy is enough for you to tank RS simply because it has spiritual energy, but Staff literally said that this mechanic can't be scaled for characters off the back, because it's a ability, even if they have the same characteristics. In this case, Reaitsu herself has the weakness of not working on those who have comparable spiritual energy, but this is disregarded here.

Haoshoku is still a skill and yes ... Everyone in OP who has resisted Haoshoku Haki should have such resistance to Empatic Manipulation, just like Bleach. That's how staff said things work. A skill should not be resisted or acquired, etc., just because the verse shares similarities with another, whatever it may be.

If this is considered wrong, then we have already started here to have the double standard.

While most of what you said is correct, willpower isn't neccessarily a unique skill only in One Piece. In fact, there's no indication that willpower is anything different than the willpower in any other verse.

If willpower in One Piece lets you do something outside of Haki with a description that can put it out of the average willpower depiction, then yes, that should be something like Reiatsu Crush.

Believe me, we need to discuss this. This whole Bleach drama that has been going around had me thinking about it, but we can't assume that now.

Yeah ... But it's basically the same as Bleach's RS or even HxH's Nen.
Bleach has unique characteristics, obviously, after all it is still a verse of fiction that works its mechanics. But his energy is entirely spiritual energy, which exists in several other verses.
In an analogy, I would explain as follows:

• We have the metal (spiritual energy or whatever). In one verse, they make a knife, in another verse, a screw.
  • Verse x says you only have metal to resist, and you don't have to make a knife.
This is exactly the analogy that describes both situations, be it One Piece, Bleach or HxH. Just because willpower is not unique to the verse (just as spiritual energy is not), the ability is still a ability and should be treated as one outside its verse.

And literally, Kukui's last thread came to this conclusion by the Staff, so I don't think we need to have a CRT to allow it to be "usable" when it is already usable in other verses with such similarities.

Back