• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whis vs Ahri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saitama is hyped up by people to be omni. Yet the entire show itself debunks and contradicts that. That's a bad example. I'd rather you used Bayonetta rather as an example than One Punch.

PridedWaif said:
Saitama is hyped up by people to be omni. Yet the entire show itself debunks and contradicts that. That's a bad example. I'd rather you used Bayonetta rather as an example than One Punch.
We dont use omniverse as a term.

I think Weekly makes more sense.

The reasoning with the least amounts of leaps of logic is correct.

@Kink I believe he meant omnipotent, which we also dont use here

Either way, the faulty votes for whis need to be accounted for and removed

You can't say life absorption works on literally everyone and her mind hax would work.

How can her mind hax work on Whis? He doesn't use his mind to even fight. Secondly we havn't seen him be exposed to Mind rape. Whether he can resistant or not we haven't seen it.

Saying her life absorption works on everyone is reaching. Who all have she used it on that's superior to her and did they even have resistance?

@Prided If he hasnt shown a resistnce to it then you cant just randomly say he can. And it's been discussed time and time again that UI only resists Empathic Manipulation, not mind manipulation.

Life force absorption is a durability negating move, and Whis has no resistance to it

PridedWaif said:
You can't say life absorption works on literally everyone and her mind hax would work.
How can her mind hax work on Whis? He doesn't use his mind to even fight. Secondly we havn't seen him be exposed to Mind rape. Whether he can resistant or not we haven't seen it.

Saying her life absorption works on everyone is reaching. Who all have she used it on that's superior to her and did they even have resistance?
Again, Occam's Razor.

Also, we go by what is shown obviously and if he has no shown resistance, he shouldnt be resistant.

Also, yeah, but you can also break someone's mind to not do anything and even if you dont use your mind to fight, you would still be controlled by someone who can..well, control your minds.

And yes, again. Occams Razor.

Otherwise, it is a fallacy.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Prided If he hasnt shown a resistnce to it then you cant just randomly say he can. And it's been discussed time and time again that UI only resists Empathic Manipulation, not mind manipulation.
Life force absorption is a durability negating move, and Whis has no resistance to it
I said i believe it wouldn't work. Never said it wouldn't though. Again, how can you say he has no resistance to the both of them when it hasn't even been shown. You're making an assumption just like everyone else. Which makes this a useless debate. You can't say something work if we haven't seen him even do anything.

@Pridedwaif

Alright then.

Ahri is resistant to Time travel so that won't help Whis. and she can negate portals so warping won't help Whis either.

@Prided It is an assumption to say that Whis can resist something he has never shown the ability to resist, not the other way around.

PridedWaif said:
WeeklyBattles said:
I said i believe it wouldn't work. Never said it wouldn't though. Again, how can you say he has no resistance to the both of them when it hasn't even been shown. You're making an assumption just like everyone else. Which makes this a useless debate. You can't say something work if we haven't seen him even do anything.
Well I havent seen Ahri become immune to time travel, so I guess she must be immune to time travel.

Just because you haven't 'seen' it, doesnt mean a resistance is 'there'.

This logic can be applied to literally every fictional character ever.

Aizenishere said:
@Pridedwaif
Alright then.

Ahri is resistant to Time travel so that won't help Whis. and she can negate portals so warping won't help Whis either.
Honestly whis could just transmute her to sand by this logic then. She doesn't have any resistance to transmutation even if she did, not to this level.

Edit: wasn't it discussed instinctive reaction has some resistent to mind manipulation due to how the mind won't be it's primary way of moving anymore?

KinkiestSins said:
PridedWaif said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Well I havent seen Ahri become immune to time travel, so I guess she must be immune to time travel.
Just because you haven't 'seen' it, doesnt mean a resistance is 'there'.

This logic can be applied to literally every fictional character ever.
Yet again I never tried to debate that it wouldn't work based off my personal belief, which you are trying to say lol.

@Prided WeeklyBattles@Prided It is an assumption to say that Whis can resist something he has never shown the ability to resist, not the other way around. This is all. So yes Soul manipulation and mind fuckery will work on him until he shows us otherwise.

@Waif

Then why are you arguing for Whis? Personal Belief is fine, but to put it bluntly it is not an argument.

Plus, transmutation requires activation.

Mind hax requires a thought.

I am pretty sure mind hax will be more likely to happen first.

Aizenishere said:
@Prided
WeeklyBattles@Prided It is an assumption to say that Whis can resist something he has never shown the ability to resist, not the other way around. This is all. So yes Soul manipulation and mind fuckery will work on him until he shows us otherwise.
Which is a fallacy in itself. Yet again I never tried arguing my own personal belief.. for like the third time lol.

PridedWaif said:
Not only that but she don't have resistance to being BFR'd either. Which Whis could do also.
Whis does not have BFR on his profile.

Plus, Ahri has universal flight and rang.e

Yeah, pretty sure that doesn't work either.

Unless it is too another dimension which even then.

Mind hax happens first, then soul hax.

His route is..

he flys and bfrs her? Okay halfway during the journey, ahri steals his soul.

It is far from instant.

PridedWaif said:
Not only that but she don't have resistance to being BFR'd either. Which Whis could do also.

You sorely misunderstand man.. no one ever said Whis didn't have ways of getting rid of Ahri. But IC she will mind hax him and she gets that off faster than anything he can pull. regardless of what he may do.

Holy shit, I went to a basketball game and ended up coming back to this mess.

Changing my vote from Whis Fra.

KinkiestSins said:
@Waif
Then why are you arguing for Whis? Personal Belief is fine, but to put it bluntly it is not an argument.

Why are you still attacking the statement. Lol I never tried arguing it, I was just saying my persoanl opinon which was irrelevant because I started debating on what can work and can't. Also when did

A speed of a thought is not faster than someone moving instinctively passed MFTL without even using thought. Transmuting and reducing her to sand would be just the requirment of him touching her.

PridedWaif said:
KinkiestSins said:
@Waif

Why are you still attacking the statement. Lol I never tried arguing it, I was just saying my persoanl opinon which was irrelevant because I started debating on what can work and can't. Also when did
A speed of a thought is not faster than someone moving instinctively passed MFTL without even using thought. Transmuting and reducing her to sand would be just the requirment of him touching her.
Speed is equalized.

And starting from a few meters away, he flys in and she mind breaks him.

Sounds pretty clear cut to me.

A thought requires no 'activation'

Also, same thing can be said for her soul hax, which she can also, by your logic, touch him and soul hax him to death.

@Prided Thats the speed of thought for a normal human, not someone capable of moving thousands of times faster than the speed of light

TISSG7Redgrave said:
Edit: wasn't it discussed instinctive reaction has some resistent to mind manipulation due to how the mind won't be it's primary way of moving anymore?
The only thing that Ultra Instinct does is make it so he doesn't have to think about dodging, attacking and counter attacking. This leaves Whis free to multitask, focusing on other things or long term strategy while his body runs on autopilot.

Because of this illusions don't work on him as his body will pick up the real threat by instinct alone and respond accordingly. However, his mind is still working and there. It's not taken a backseat or shielded itself, he just doesn't have to focus it on actually doing the movements of fighting.

Nothing stops Mind Hax from making Whis kill himself.

@Aizen yeah we destroyed the other team.

I think something that would help for battles like these, especially involving League of Legends characters, is to link their lore to their pages so that readers can have an understanding of their powers. People like me just play the game so I had no idea what Ahri was capable of until I got pounded with facts lmao, I only went off of what was on her profile and what I had seen in game. I think most of the votes for Whis have been debunked already.

Aizenishere said:
@Pride
What's a fallacy? Saying it'll work? It's worked on other Low 2-Cs and Whis doesn't have resistance to it as things stand. How's that a fallacy?
First off I asked from the beginning has she done it to other low 2-Cs. I did'nt get an asnwer.

Status
Not open for further replies.