• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whis Speed Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the newest episode of Dragon Ball Super, Beerus and Whis travelled to Earth in a matter of seconds after Beerus smelled the most delicious food in the Universe from Earth. Previously it took about the "length of an average Anime episode" to reach Earth from Beerus' planet, but it only took them a couple seconds in the episode. Whis mentions that he's never had to fly that fast for Beerus before.

What makes this funny is Whis said it would take like around 30mins in the movie but I can remember if this was changed in Super but that would mean he was lieing to them. I'm not a clac man but I don't know if this would even compare to his current feat that puts him at 271 times light speed.

And even then he didn't even use his ki (Which means he was still in a casual non-powered up form)...

We don't even know the distance between beerus planet and earth so i don't think it really matters but yes whis did say he has never flown that fast before he reached earth in a few seconds.

Wasn't this used to give Whis his old calc of like hundreds of billions xLS as Goku scanned 4 to 5 galaxies and couldn't lock on to vegetas energy who was on Beerus's planet and whis said it would take like 30mins to get to earth. why not do the same thing with this new time and see what it comes up to.

@LordGriffin Because we have a superior feat of whis crossing universe 7 to go to the tournament, was it the tournament? I remember something about him crossing a universe which puts in the several trillions of time ftl, i don't think this feat isn't gonna be better than that.

@Celestial Pegasus Yes I know that's why I said in my first post I didn't think it would compare to his current feat. When you said we don't know the distance I thought to just use the one before.

Yea we could use the few galaxies as a lowball for the distance between earth and beerus planet but i don't think it will be better than crossing a universe in 3 hours but if someone wants to calc it, go ahead i am also a little curious about the result.

So im gonna do a really rough calc, also ill assume he did this in 10 seconds which is generous

Old calc used 30 mins and got about 180 millions x light speed

30×60= 1800 seconds

1800├À10=180

180 millions light speed×180 = 32.4 trillion times light speed.

273 trillion times light speed.

But we also gotta take into considetation 5 galaxy is the biggest low ball possible for the calc I juat did so it is realisticly much higher.

Understandable, but I can respect low ends. For example, my Underdog calc has the lowest ball at 24 hours despite several events taking place in the meantime making it far less than that (like a wedding and a dragon fight)

I know it just that his higher showings (which are also low balls) prove that that are for than 5 galaxies between Beerus' planet and Earth.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but Whis stated "I have never gone so fast before"

I think the nail in the coffin was when Whis said he never sleeps and, judging by when he told Vados "I have trained for the past 1000" years, his speed will always keep on increasing the more he himself trains.

Edit: By saying he has never gone fast before, quite possibly means he was travelling much faster than he was to the tournament stage

Assiming Whis' speed has been constant in all his previous showings and the statement of this being the fastest he has ever been the number you got would actually multiply his best speed feat instead.

ie: 100 trillions*1800 180000 trillions or 180 quadrillions times FTL.

That'd be the actual number given that we know for a fact the travel to another universe was beyond casual and carrying several people around, and also doesn't account for the distance crossed in neutral space.

I think this should be considered his greatest speed feat consider he himself stated he's never gone that fast before.

Consider that 5 galaxies is a low-end and I'd only have to increase the distance about 20x to beat out his best feat now. Increasing it 20x over wouldn't even get close to the observable universe's radius, so it isn't that unlikely.

Wait a minute. So it says Whis' speed is 271.6 trillion c on his profile, based on the fact that he crossed the universe in 3 hours. So now that we have a known speed, can't we use that speed to assess the distance between Beerus' planet and Earth?

In other words, if he travels at 271.6 trillion c in space, and it takes him 30 minutes to get to Earth from Beerus' place at max speed, then the distance between Beerus' planet and Earth is 15.5 billion light years. If he is now capable of crossing this in 10 seconds, then his new speed is 4.89 quadrillion c.

Edit: The 30 minutes should be 35 minutes, so that's not the exact value. But you get the idea.

Well scratch that anyway. His speed says 271.6 trillion c on his page, but I checked this calculator website and I plugged in 93 billion light years and 3 hours time, and it gets 27 trillion c. Someone made an error.

http://www.calculatoredge.com/civil engg calculator/speed Distance Time.htm

This website actually lets you set the distance to light years.

Edit: Nvm, I think this website's calculator might be wrong. I tried two more websites and got over 200 trillion c.

LordXcano said:
That'd be calc stacking I'm pretty sure.
But we know he travels at max speed to Earth, and we know it takes him 35 minutes. And we have a known speed from a different feat. So I don't see why we can't now have a known distance from Beerus place ot Earth. And everyone agreed that 5 galaxies away is a massive low-ball anyway..

RadicalMrR said:
Wait a minute how long does it take for Whis to Travel from Beerus' planet to earth?

35 minutes according to DBSuper (I said 30 minutes earlier, but not much different). 26 minutes according to Battle of Gods.

Ok so this might be calc stacking not sure.

So 35 min=2100 sec, this is Whis's regular speed

His new speed is 210 time faster

So when Whis went to the tournament that took 3 hours with his regular speed.

3 hours = 10800 sec

10800/210= 51/60/60=0.014 hours

860,926,473,004,852.9 km/ 0.014 hours= 8.6092647e+14

@Meleenium Calc Stacking is "the practice of using results from one calculation in order to calculate other feats."

You used the previous calculation of Whis's speed in order to make a new calculation for him. That's pretty much the definition of Calc Stacking

I'm sorry but I am pretty sure it will not be accepted.

Is calc-stacking always discarded? The wiki page for calc-stacking says it's "usually seen as flawed" which implies that it's not always seen as flawed. It also says below "examples of non-legit calc-stacking" implying that there can be legit forms.

I feel like this can be one of those exceptions. Whis blatantly said that it takes him 35 minutes to go from Beerus' planet to Earth at max speed. And then he suddenly does it it 10 seconds, and states that it's the fastest he's ever gone. None of the examples on the calc-stacking page are anything like this.

Well minor semantics of "usually" and "non-legit" aside I personally have never witnessed something that uses such textbook definition Calc Stacking as this be accepted.

Though I am not the authority of calcs getting accepted. However the fact that LordXcano, one of our top Calc Members, disapproves isn't a good sign.

Although now that I think about it, the calc-stacked result is still likely a low-end as it's using his low-balled speed for distance and such. However I think we would need proof he was going as fast to the Tournament as he would be with the 35 minute statement because I'd still be pretty iffy otherwise.

@Lord During one of Whis' trips to Earth I believe he said he was going as fast as he could when Beerus was pressuring him to go faster so when he went to the tournament he could have either been going at the same speed as when he goes to Earth or even slower.

That's pretty good, I'll take it. I'd still like the opinion of another calc member though since calc-stacking is a pretty hot button issue.

Wait but did I do the calc correctly because for some reason I think I messed it up.

Also this is the scene, there might be another one though.

Well I'm not a Calc Member, so it's not really up to me to ultimately decide what gets accepted.

However I feel that a calculation that uses faulty and heavily looked down upon methods should not be used to determine one's stats. Even if said methods lead to a lowballed result.

Ryukama said:
Well I'm not a Calc Member, so it's not really up to me to ultimately decide what gets accepted.

However I feel that a calculation that uses faulty and heavily looked down upon methods should not be used to determine one's stats. Even if said methods lead to a lowballed result.
Well he's traveling the same distance just in less time so even if you did calculated it would come out the same if someone calculateing it Is what needs to happen I guess some one should calculat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back