• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whis Speed Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkmon cns said:
The Living Tribunal1 said:
tbh the current distance is based on the absolutest lowest end possible

but we dont know the actual distance
why is it the lowest?
iirc it is based on the assumption that beerus's planet is 5 galaxies away from earth

It's actually 26 minutes from Beerus' Temple to King Kai's Planet, while it takes 3 minutes from King Kai's Planet to Earth from Battle of Gods and DBS. And about 35 minute from Beerus' Temple to Earth in Resurrection 'F'. It could be that he never went that fast perhaps for comedic sense for Beerus coming to Earth for the most delicious food for a reason to be there, maybe. Not sure about the plot there, but it is funny to watch.

Ryukama said:
@Meleenium Calc Stacking is "the practice of using results from one calculation in order to calculate other feats."

You used the previous calculation of Whis's speed in order to make a new calculation for him. That's pretty much the definition of Calc Stacking

I'm sorry but I am pretty sure it will not be accepted.
It's not really calc stacking, just the way it was done. And even if it is it hardly matters for this scenario.

He performs a feat with the same distance in a shorter time frame All that's been done is he multiplied by how much faster as it saves time. Doing it kn a way without calcstacking would still get that exact same result

@Sparky

"In other words, if he travels at 271.6 trillion c in space, and it takes him 30 minutes to get to Earth from Beerus' place at max speed, then the distance between Beerus' planet and Earth is 15.5 billion light years."

This is pretty much textbook definition Calc Stacking. That's undeniable. The only thing up for question would be if Calc Stacking is justified here.

However if Whis travels the exact same distance as before in a shorter timeframe, then calcing that would be just fine. Though bringing Whis's previously calced speed into the equation would be Calc Stacking which in most cases doesn't get accepted.

Also calculations of this feat not using Calc Stacking got a much lower result, not "the exact same." Granted the calc used a massive lowball in its distance, but still.

@Darkmon Just read the calculation linked up in the thread, or even read my comment fully. It explains why the result of the calc is lower.

Xcano's calc used the same 5 galaxy distance Whis's current speed is based on. Meleenium used Calc Stacking to get a much greater distance, hence his numbers for Whis were significantly higher.

However once again, the 5 galaxy distance is a pretty huge lowball sadly, but it's the best we have.

What Ryu said. And as I said before, lowballs are important to not get inflated results. I'm still gonna use my Underdog calc as an example, because it uses the absolute minimum distance and the absolute maximum timeframe.

@Darkmon I'd appreciate it if you stop quoating my long comments as to not clog up this thread. Just respond to me as "@Ryu or @Ryukama" please. Thank you.

Also could you provide a link to when Goku said Beerus's planet is on the other side of the universe?

guys this episode was filler... there is no need to take what showed their seriously,by this logic goku is barely planet level durabilliy because he say in epidose 68(also filler) that he would died if he go the core of earth

@Asteo lol no the only reason he would die is because of the lack of no oxygen.

I think we should wait til there is a confirmed distance between the planet and Earth, and then upgrade or possibly downgrade accordingly

SomebodyData said:
I think we should wait til there is a confirmed distance between the planet and Earth, and then upgrade or possibly downgrade accordingly
There is Goku ones said it was on the other side of the universe but I'm still looking for the link

Sorry for this necro, but since there is a conclusion that Whis can fly 210 times faster when he is actually exerting himself compared to when he is flying casually, shouldn't there be a little note on his page saying that his speed can increase much more when he is serious?

Because his current speed refers to a feat performed by him rather casually, and in this feat he shows signs of tiredness and exhaustion. He also said that he has never flown this fast before.

whis current speed = 72 quad casually

whis serious speed = 210 x whis casual speed

= 210 x 72 quad

= 15.12 quintillion????

This thread has long since been dead, if you want to discuss it please make a new content revision thread.

I'll be closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back