• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

When will we make profile pages for the new jaegers and kaiju of Pacific Rim: Uprising?

Two of the three new Kaiju were category 4s, so they'd probably scale to stuff like Scunner and Raiju. One of them was a category 5, and while I don't think it's as strong as Slattern was, one could probably assume it was roughly on its level, at least. Same with the Mega Kaiju fusion, I'd assume.

Most of the new jaegers would scale to the cat 4s (maybe the cat 5, but it kinda ragdolled Gipsy Avenger when it tried to punch the kaiju).

Gipsy Avenger scales to the mega kaiju via that suicide attack, but I don't really know if that's combat applicable. Same with the kaiju's potential High 6-A feat, as it was likely a suicide move that involved being able to reach a very specific location.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Two of the three new Kaiju were category 4s, so they'd probably scale to stuff like Scunner and Raiju. One of them was a category 5, and while I don't think it's as strong as Slattern was, one could probably assume it was roughly on its level, at least. Same with the Mega Kaiju fusion, I'd assume.
Most of the new jaegers would scale to the cat 4s (maybe the cat 5, but it kinda ragdolled Gipsy Avenger when it tried to punch the kaiju).

Gipsy Avenger scales to the mega kaiju via that suicide attack, but I don't really know if that's combat applicable. Same with the kaiju's potential High 6-A feat, as it was likely a suicide move that involved being able to reach a very specific location.
Neat. So, when will you make it? Also, don't forget the interesting calcs

Dunno, but I want to add some, soon.

Calcs? Are there new ones? I want to get some older stuff from the first film calced again, as well.

WeeklyBattles said:
We should probably fix the profiles we already have if we're making new ones
This. Been wanting to do so for a while.

I'm also wondering if anyone ever actually calced Stryker Eureka's self destruct. The nuke it was carrying was supposed to be 1.2 megatons, but the explosion seemed quite a bit more powerful than that just from eyeballing it. Could be wrong, though.

Also worth noting that Jaeger and Kaiju might need a reaction speed upgrade, as well. Gipsy Avenger dodges missiles from Obsidian Fury, with the pilots clearly able to perceive them as they fly by.

I also looked a bit into modern tactical nuclear weapons. Most higher-end ones have yields ranging from tens of kilotons to more than a hundred. Trespasser, the very first kaiju encountered by humanity, came through the breach in 2013. It took three tactical nukes to kill it, and these nukes also wiped out Oakland. Considering these were used as a last resort due to nothing else working, along with the fact it explicitly took three of them and wiped out a city, I'm fairly certain Trespasser would be more durable than we're giving it credit for. Even assuming one of these nukes was in the tens of kilotons range (which it very likely was due to the destruction caused), Trespasser's durability should be something along the lines of "likely Town level".

This would scale to literally every kaiju who came after Trespasser, especially those who arrived after the jaegers had been built, as the Precursors were explicitly making them stronger as they learned from humanity's resistance.

Basically, all Kaiju should be who came after the first few encounters should logically be solid 7-C, unless they're notably stronger than that, such as Slatter.

Wow. Apparently I just keep finding more and more important info from looking deeper into this.

So in Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero (which is entirely canon due to being written by the first film's screenwriter and edited by its director), Trespasser's arrival apparently causes a magnitude 7.1 earthquake in the heart of San Francisco Bay. This would put Trespasser (and every kaiju after it) at High 7-C instead of just 7-C, and, along with the fact the explosion wiped out Oakland, would actually support the three nukes used on it being 100+ kilotons.

I am looking for an exact scan of the page, now.

Well that's helpful.

I assume Striker would somewhat scale to Slattern? Like a case of it not being as strong, but not entirely outclassed.

By the way, apparently the 7.1 magnitude quake quote is from the novelization, so that's another thing I'll have to look through. Tales From Year Zero had some things of note, though.

It depends from the result that is accepted, but given that both the 7-A and High 7-A result are low end (20% and 5-10% above baseline respectively) i'd place Striker at "At least 7-B, likely/possibly 7-A" or "At least 7-A, likely/possibly High 7-A".

Slattern took significantly more damage from the nuke, but Striker still damaged it.

Nuking Oakland is somewhere in the double digit kilotons so it would be a good support for the High 7-C feat

High 7-C lower tier Kaiju and 7-A Slattern would be pretty rad, not gonna lie.

Edit: This appears to be the quote about Trespasser's arrival. Hoping to find the exact source, as well.

"That puts the epicenter of the seven point one earthquake right in the heart of the San Francisco Bay. We've also been getting strange reports of something moving under the Golden Gate Bridge."

The nuke is definitely above 1.2 megatons or the radius of the fireball would be a few hundreds of metres, while it's 3 km (and it may actually be a lowball given that i'm pretty sure that being underwater suffocate the explosion)

It's like that time that the Flash saved people from a nuke in a timeframe that the author thought would require him moving at slightly under the speed of light, but the actual feat itself wasn't possible without him moving well into FTL.

In this case, the value they assumed the nuke would yield is a minimum of 100x less than it actually demonstrated.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
It's like that time that the Flash saved people from a nuke in a timeframe that the author thought would require him moving at slightly under the speed of light, but the actual feat itself wasn't possible without him moving well into FTL.
In this case, the value they assumed the nuke would yield is a minimum of 100x less than it actually demonstrated.
Does that mean Gipsy is actually Low 7-B due to taking a small fraction of damage from a 7-A nuke, or still the same tier?

@Durrentz

I think that it should be the same tier as Striker.

It tanked only a portion of the explosion yes, but the latter did no damage despite Gipsy basically falling apart on its own by that point.

Plus Gipsy did managed to stab Slattern if memory serves (granted, Slattern was tearing Gipsy apart and they only killed it with the nuclear vortex) so there is that too.

Calc still needs to be evaluated.

Maybe 120 megatons, maybe a gigaton, maybe I messed up so it's a different result entirely ovo

@Weekly

Pacific Rim 2 actually has High 6-A suicide bombing kaiju, I shit you not.

It's in no way combat applicable though, as it requires them to be in a very specific location/have access to a certain thing.

Hey, I suggest a small change to Striker Eureka's page: Make its attack potency Low 7-B with its blades, seeing as with them the Jaeger critically injured Slattern's arms and nearly sliced them off. That, and it even made the kaiju call out for help; that should imply that on its own, it wouldn't have beaten Striker. At least, not easily, I guess

Back