• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What would your realistic Pokemon team be?

Considering I'm a death-fearing, germophobic paranoid who's lazy, I probably wouldn't want the risk & responsibility of having Pokemon, supposing I know what I know in this Pokemon world.

Pokemon that might live in the same area as me. I live in the province of Ontario. https://blog.caasco.com/local/wild-animals-in-ontario-youll-see-during-your-next-road-trip/

So.... Stantler, Bidoof line, Deerling line.... But those aren't near me, AFAIK.

"Bald eagle, purple finch, hooded warbler, and the cave swallow." (Rare Braviary? Not sure what the others match.) Is there a Pokemon like the Canadian geese?

Wolves, apparently. So, Rowlet/Lycanroc? Not many wolves hereabouts, though.

Wildlife I often see are squirrels, rabbits, robins, chipmunks, domestic dogs. There's probably mice & rats. I think I saw a skunk... last year? A frog or toad once came to the pool while I was cleaning it. Think years ago, near my hometown, I saw a crawfish.

Is there a groundhog Pokemon?

Not sure about plants, but we're a cold region with evergreens. Snover? Ducks, so Ducklett & maybe Farfetch'd, too.

Vanillite & other Ice-types might populate it, but, eh, Southern Ontario.

Not sure about what Psychic types, Ghost types or inanimate 'mons might appear. Porygon since there's lots of tech colleges? Lots of college students here, so maybe Drowzee & Hypno would like all the sleep-deprived targets for dream eating....

And then there's the possible Rock & Ground types. Geodude & Diglett might show up places, but not near me.

There's a bridge with a running train, & a railroad not too far from my home, and I think at least a couple of junkyards near me, so Aron might go near there to eat metal, but the bridge itself is concrete, I think, but I'm not really in a mountainous area.

Realistic, there wouldn't be alot of mons here, since i live in a relative Small Town here in Brazil, but i will do my best.

I have 3 dogs here, but i also have 2 brothers, so i will share.

Guess i will go with Lillipup as my "starter".

It is really ****** hot here, most of the time anyways. This could be either Magmar or Slugma, but i will go with Magmar, since he is my fave mon out of the two.

A part of my Town has some Cows, and i always like Tauros and Miltank, however, Tauros is better IMO, so i will go with him.

I have some chickens in here, so i will go with Torchic, fight me.

There is power plant next to my house, so alot of elec mons could pass by, i think that either Voltorb or Magnemite would do, but i will go with Magnemite, mainly because there are alot of Blackouts here.

A cat sometimes passes by here to eat some food. This is kinda vague, but i would go with either an Alolan Meowth or Espurr, but i guess i will go with Espurr for the Sake of Variety.

So my team, realistic, would be:

Stoutland

Magmortar

Tauros

Blaziken

Magnezone

Meowstic

Not the most variety in a team, but what i can do, the place i live is not the best when the thing is catching a pokémon ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

Drite77 said:
Realisticaly, there wouldn't be alot of mons here, since I live in a relatively Small Town here in Brazil, but I will do my best.
I have 3 dogs here, but I also have 2 brothers, so I will share.

Guess I will go with Lillipup as my "starter".

It is really ****** hot here, most of the time anyways. This could be either Magmar or Slugma, but I will go with Magmar, since he is my fave mon out of the two.

A part of my Town has some Cows, and I always liked Tauros and Miltank, however, Tauros is better IMO, so I will go with him.

I have some chickens in here, so I will go with Torchic, fight me.

There is power plant next to my house, so alot of elec mons could pass by, I think that either Voltorb or Magnemite would do, but I will go with Magnemite, mainly because there are alot of Blackouts here.

A cat sometimes passes by here to eat some food. This is kinda vague, but I would go with either an Alolan Meowth or Espurr, but I guess I will go with Espurr for the sake of variety.

So my team, realisticaly, would be:

Stoutland

Magmortar or Magmar

Tauros

Blaziken

Magnezone

Meowstic

Not the most variety in a team, but what i can do, the place i live is not the best when the thing is catching a pokémo ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»
and apparently you never go any where near one of the bigger towns or cities.

and Magnemite is probably the cause of them.

Well, there is a power plant near my residence. So Im getting muh Magneton. And you wont stop me.

PaChi2 said:
Well, there is a power plant near my residence. So Im getting muh Magneton. And you wont stop me.
I'll fly over there on my Pidgeot and OHKO them all with my Sandslash!

Im totally brainwashing you and your pokemons with my alakazam if you do that. Just saying.

Butterfree is fodder to my Alakazam. He will eat that butterfly for breakfast.

Oh.

About this thread. Are we allowed to have Mega Evolutions?

Because I dont know which of my pokemon I'd mega evolve.

There should be a variation of this thread where we map which mons are wear in the world. Like, I have 4 cats, but none of them can be a Litten or a Purloin because of them being more like big cats than small ones. Look st their evolutions. Persians are pretty ******* big cats, but they're German Shepherd sized it seems according to the anime.

I'd probably have at least a Meowth, my cat Son Kasai is definitely gonna be that one. I have 3 other cats, but... Then it would just be 2 meowth and two purloin.

I had two lizards when I was younger! Bearded Dragons. So, they could be Treekos or maybe a smol dragon type.

Amexim said:
There should be a variation of this thread where we map which mons are wear in the world. Like, I have 4 cats, but none of them can be a Litten or a Purloi because of them being more like big cats than small ones. Look at their evolutions. Persians are pretty ******* big cats, but they're German Shepherd sized it seems according to the anime.
I'd probably have at least a Meowth, my cat Son Kasai is definitely gonna be that one. I have 3 other cats, but... Then it would just be 2 Meowth and two Purloi.

I had two lizards when I was younger! Bearded Dragons. So, they could be Treekos or maybe a smol dragon type.
Persian is 3' 03" and Alolan Persian is 3' 07", Persian is based on the Siamese Cat despite what it's name might suggest which is native to Thailand formerly known as Siam and Alolan Persian is based on the British Shorthair. Obviously you would only find Littens and Purlions where Lions and Leopards live. Treeko is based on a gecko, specifically the leaf-tailed gecko, a species of lizard that blends in with plant-like appendages, and can also climb up flat surfaces.

one darkrai and 5 dittos

Probably a bunch of ground/rock or plant type pokemon, so something like.

Ferrothorn

Steelix

Rhyperior

Garchomp

Aggron

Tyranitar

Why would I want them? They are all strong, I like their designs and theyd be close to where I live lol

If I ever manage to play Sapphire or Emerald I might legit try to create a team similar to what I have here

RatherClueless said:
one darkrai and 5 dittos
Probably a bunch of ground/rock or plant type pokemon, so something like.

Ferrothorn

Steelix

Rhyperior

Garchomp

Aggron

Tyranitar

Why would I want them? They are all strong, I like their designs and theyd be close to where I live lol

1. No pseudo-legendaries: These are exceptionally rare. A lot of people still consider Dragonite to be a legendary because they've never seen one. So you probably don't have one unless you're in your mid thirties and spent your whole life searching for one.
Where do you live that you're going to find a Rhino, a 28' 10" Rock Snake and what ever the hell Aron, Lairon and Aggron is?

I don't know, but I'd be hunting for an eevee. I want my precious fluff child

Also, Yamper. Definitely a Yamper.

Robot972 said:
I don't know, but I'd be hunting for an eevee. I want my precious fluff child
Also, Yamper. Definitely a Yamper.
Think of the city/town you live in and where on planet earth it's located and then think of the animals you might encounter there (or just google it) and then check Bulbapedia for the Pokemon that are based on those animals or the Pokemon that's the closest and then make a team of six of them. Refer to the 11th Post from the top about the Pokemon that might live in Kansas USA.

"Have you read the PokeDex pages for these Pokemon?"

It likes to throw other Pokemon and is strong. Your point being?

I could also buy a magicarp and punch it, till it evolves lol.

Think of the city/town you live in and where on planet earth it's located and then think of the animals you might encounter there (or just google it) and then check Bulbapedia for the Pokemon that are based on those animals or the Pokemon that's the closest and then make a team of six of them.

I'm aware. I'm more thinking about what I would want to catch of what could be around here.

Pachirisu/Pikachu

Sawsbuck

Lopunny or Diggersby

Some forest-dwelling vulpine pokemon (Possibly a Zoroark or Eevee)

Liepard

Yamper (or evolution)

RatherClueless said:
"Have you read the PokeDex pages for these Pokemon?"

It likes to throw other Pokemon and is strong. Your point being?

I could also buy a magicarp and punch it, till it evolves lol.
Aron-Lairon-Aggron are PESTES

Pokemon Ruby/Omega Ruby: This Pokémon has a body of steel. To make its body, Aron feeds on iron ore that it digs from mountains. Occasionally, it causes major trouble by eating bridges and rails.

Pokemon Sapphire/Alpha Sapphire: Aron has a body of steel. With one all-out charge, this Pokémon can demolish even a heavy dump truck. The destroyed dump truck then becomes a handy meal for the Pokémon.

Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen: It eats iron to build its steel body. It is a pest that descends from mountains to eat bridges and train tracks.

Pokemon Black 2 & White 2: In order to build up its steel body, it eats iron ore. This pesky Pokémon is known to eat railroad tracks.

And that's just Aron!

I start with a Meowth, and grind it until it gets pay day. I then become rich via pay day. I then teach it to use pay day on a rock all day.

Then I get five dittoes from children's slimey toys, and have them copy the meowth and do the same.

Modern problems require modern solutions.

Armorchompy said:
I start with a Meowth, and grind it until it gets pay day. I then become rich via pay day. I then teach it to use pay day on a rock all day.
Then I get five dittoes from children's slimey toys, and have them copy the meowth and do the same.

Modern problems require modern solutions.
The wild Economy used Inflation! It's super-effective!
Armorchompy's Meowth and five Dittos fainted!
Armorchompy dropped all his money in a panic!
Armorchompy hurried to the Pokemon Center!
But Armorchompy has no money!
So he can't heal his Pokemon!
GAME OVER!

First off, i have free healthcare, I'm not american.

But most importantly, the inflation argument kinda stops working when you realize I still have a lot more money than anyone else. Sure, my country turns into a hellhole, but I don't care.

Armorchompy said:
First off, i have free healthcare, I'm not american.
But most importantly, the inflation argument kinda stops working when you realize I still have a lot more money than anyone else. Sure, my country turns into a hellhole, but I don't care.
Unfortunately, the minute the population realises you the cause of all their Problems, your ass is getting LINCHED! Now kindly leave my thread before I report you!

Back