• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What would your realistic Pokemon team be?

Now that I have your attention, let me be more specific. The gist of this is that I want you to imagine yourself in the Pokemon worlds, and think about what your team of 6 would be. But this isn't your dream team. This is your more realistic team. When I say this, a lot of people think I mean based on geography - and this should be the case, to an extent. If you live in Missouri, you probably won't have a Sharpedo unless you got it on vacation. But more than just geography, I want you to consider why you would have a pokemon based on your childhood interests, experiences, trips, etc. Why do you think you would specifically seek out a certain Pokemon, or why do you think you would run into it by chance? Rules:

1. Think Anime rules: Having an OP Pokemon doesn't necessarily mean you win all the time. You could just as easily get rekt by Delcatty or Smeargle. I think this will help with the diversity of teams.
  2. You do not get a starter: This one is again kind of for the sake of diversity. I get so sick of people putting Charizard on every freaking hypothetical team. Sure, you can still find a starter, but they're decently rare, so only have one if you can think of a good reason. For example, I know a guy who decided he would catch a Totodile on a trip to Florida. So whatever your first Pokemon is will have to be given to you by someone you know, or a Pokemon you befriended.
  3. The official age to become a trainer is 10, so anything you get before that age you will have to befriend.
  4. Consider geography at least a bit. Look, if you want a god dam Butterfree, you can probably get one just about anywhere. It's a bug. As long as you're not getting too unrealistic (especially in terms of weather), it's fine. As far as I'm concerned, just about any fire type would probably be at least somewhat present in, say, Arizona. But not in New Hampshire.
  5. No legendaries: A lot of people don't even believe these exist, so you've probably never seen one, let alone caught one.
  6. No pseudo-legendaries: These are exceptionally rare. A lot of people still consider Dragonite to be a legendary because they've never seen one. So you probably don't have one unless you're in your mid thirties and spent your whole life searching for one.
That's all I can think of, so please, come up with your teams! Go into detail on how you met them, why you wanted them. I look foward to seeing responses.

You forbid starters but I want a Sceptile :/

Anyway, how exactly am I supposed to know what I'm likely to encounter and what I'm not?

Gardevoir. (Ralts)

Gallade (Ralts)

Lucario (Riolu)

Gengar (Haunter)

Alakazam (Abra)

Gyarados (Magikarp)

I'd start with a couple of ralts. Then meet a Riolu. Gallade and Lucario are natural rivals so its ok. Gengar would literally live in my shadow so I dont have to fear anyone attacking me while I sleep. Alakazam is my go-to problem solver also to teleport. Gyarados to travel the ocean.

Andytrenom said:
You forbid starters but I want a Sceptile :/
Anyway, how exactly am I supposed to know what I'm likely to encounter and what I'm not?
Think of what animals live where you live and the Pokemon that are based on them.

Training Magikarp will prove to test my patience and endurance. Im likely to become the strongest willed trainer ever.

PaChi2 said:
Gardevoir.
Gallade

Lucario

Gengar

Alakazam

Gyarados

I'd start with a couple of ralts. Then meet a Riolu. Gallade and Lucario are natural rivals so its ok. Gengar would literally live in my shadow so I dont have to fear anyone attacking me while I sleep. Alakazam is my go-to problem solver also to teleport. Gyarados to travel the ocean.
That's not realistic. Where the hell are you gonna keep a 21 Foot Sea-Serpent

1. Porygon-Z (I assume they'd be available in most semi-large cities, albeit they'd be relatively expensive)

2. Porygon2 (**** you)

3. Froslass (Canada here. And Canada is cold)

4. Mawile (I live somewhere near a mine, so a mineral-craving Pokémon could be found)

5. Mismagius (Ghosts would probably be available just about anywhere)

6. Starmie (I used to live in a coastal area so I could probably get one)

If no poke ball allowed, then I'd settle with Magnezone or Magneton, depending on the geography where I live.

Pokemon that might live in Kansas
Bats: Zubat-Golbat-Crobat/Woobat-Swoobat/Noibat-Noiver
Beaver: Bidoof-Bibarel
Birds: Farfetch'd/Psyduck-Golduck/Ducklett-Swanna/Pidove-Tranquill-Unfezant/Pidgey-Pidgeotto-Pidgeot/Wingull-Pelliper/Vullaby-Mandibuzz/Hawlucha/ Rufflett-Braviary/Hoothoot-Noctowl/Rowlet-Dartrix-Decidueye/Pikipek-Trumbeak-Toucannon/Fletchling-Fletchinder-Talonflame/Chatot/Murkrow-Honchkrow/Taillow-Swellow/Starly-Staravia-Staraptor/Spearow-Fearow.
Chipmunks: Patrat-Watchog/Pachirisu
Rabbits: Buneary-Lopunny/Bunnelby-Diggersby/Scorbunny
Deer: Deerling-Sawsbuck/Stantler
Mice: Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu/Rattata-Ratticate/Sandshrew-Sandslash
Moles: Diglett-Dugtrio/Drilbur-Excadrill
Raccoon: Zigzagoon-Linoone
Skunks: Stunky-Skuntank
Snakes: Ekans-Arbok/Seviper/Snivy-Servine-Serperior/Dunsparce
Squirrels: Pachirisu/Emoglga
Dogs: Growlithe-Arcanine/Rockruff-Lycanrock(Midday, Midnight, Dusk)/Snubull-Granbull/Lillipup-Herdier-Stoutland/Poochyena-Mightyena/Riolu-Lucario/Houndour-Houndoom/Furfrou
Cats: Meowth-Persian/Skitty-Delcatty/Shinx-Luxio-Luxray/Glameow-Purugly/Purrloin-Liepard/Espurr-Meowstic/Litleo-Pyroar/Litten-Torracat-Incineroar/Eevee-Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveo
Chickens: Torchic-Combusken-Bazike
Cows: Tauros/Miltank
Horses: Ponyta-Rapidash/Mudsbray-Mudsdale
Pigs: Tepig-Pignite-Emboar/Spoink-Grumpig
Sheep: Mareep-Flaaffy-Ampharos
Turtles: Squirtle-Wartortle-Blastoise/Torkoal/Turtwig-Grotle-Torterra
Bears: Teddiursa/Ursaring
Lizards: Treecko-Grovyle-Sceptile/Charmander-Charmeleon-Charizard
Insects: Caterpie-Metapod-Butterfree/Pinsir/Pineco-Forretress/Burmy-Wormadam, Mothim/Wurmple-Silcoon-Beautifly/Cascoon-Dustox/Volbeat/Illumise/Kricketot-Kricketune/Karrablast-Escavaleir/Scatterbug-Spewpa-Vivillon/Grubbin-Chargebug-Vikavolt/Weedle-Kakuna-Beedrill/Venonat-Venomoth/Scyther-Scizor/Ledyba-Ledian/Spinarak-Ariados/Yanma-Yanmega/Heracross/Surskit-Masquerain/Nincada-Ninjask, Shedinja/Combee-Vespiquen/Sewaddle-Swadloon-Leavanny/Joltik-Galvantula/Durant/Venipede-Whirlpede-Scoliopede/Cutiefly-Ribombee

Team I'd want: Charizard, Lucario, Heracross, Lopunny, Pidgeot, Delcatty

Team I'd probably get: Pachirisu, Butterfree, Linoone, Arbok, Sandslash, Pidgeot

Actually, I have a pet turtle, so imma say Squirtle instead of Zigzagoon. I'd find most of the Pokémon I named roaming around my trash or trees. I'd just...get a dog, and steal one of the Torchics off the streets. I mean, it's better than getting run over.

So I wind up having a giant dragonfly and flaming bird in the end to fly on, an electric squirrel to just power stuff, a dog to just be a dog, a giant chicken to be freaking awesome, and a giant tank turtle to surf with.

PaChi2 said:
I mean, look at my team, how are you supposed to equalize Ralts and abra?
I don't know what you mean by equalize but if you want to know where you might find a Ralts or Abra.

"Ralts uses the horns to read people and Pokémon's emotions. Warm feelings cause its body to warm as well, but it hides if it senses hostility. If its Trainer is in a cheerful mood, Ralts also becomes cheerful and joyous. It is known to inhabit "urban areas", but it does not normally show itself to humans. However, when it senses happy feelings, it will approach people." and "Abra can sense danger through a telepathic radar. When it does, it teleports to a safe location. However, it sometimes becomes panicked if it wakes in an unknown location. By hypnotizing itself, Abra is able to teleport itself even while sleeping. It can use other extrasensory abilities while sleeping as well and can even teleport into the treetops to pick and eat berries. Due to the strain of its telepathic powers, however, Abra sleeps 18 hours each day. If it fails to rest long enough, it will become unable to use its powers. Abra lives in "urban areas", but has been observed to teleport to a different location once per hour. If it teleports randomly, it can create illusory copies."

The real cal howard said:
Pachirisu, Fletchling, Rockruff, Zigzagoon, Yanma, Torchic
I know what you said about starters but there are legit chickens roaming around where I am.
If you have wild chickens then yes you are more likely to get a Torchic.

Okay first thing I'll get is a Zangoose so I don't ever have to live in the fear of snakes again, I'll also try to get a Donphan and a Honchcrow because Why not and flying types could come in handy respectively. Psychic type are also handy so I'll get a Medicham. I guess a Scolipede is also appealing enough for me to try and catch. For the final placement, I also thought Rapidash would be a really cool pokemon to own in real life so going with him

So that's my list and gotta say, being forced to choose among things related to my own country really made the final results turn out surprising.

My region is known for rhinos, elephants, tigers, leopards, various kinds of primates etc.

So my team would be Rhydon, Phanpy, Growlithe, Liepard, Mankey and Pachirisu.

You know, catching Zangoose may actually require me to get in an area with a lot of snakes so I may have to go with another choice. I'm replacing him with...Ampharos

TacticalNuke002 said:
My region is known for rhinos, elephants, tigers, leopards, various kinds of primates etc.
So my team would be Rhydon, Phanpy, Growlithe, Liepard, Mankey and Pachirisu.
Do you live in Africa or Asia?

I get one ditto, then another one, breed em like rabbits and then force hem to transform into me.

This way I can stay at home, play games and eat while other dittos work 6 different jobs and bring me cash.

I see this as an absolute win

As I live in an urban area:

Ralts and Abra: Ok.

Haunter/Gastly: mostly ok.

Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone: maybe? They could be bought?

Riolu: dogs are ok, I guess?

100% realistic.

PaChi2 said:

100% realistic.
What continent do you live on?

Roselia(Budew), Unfezant(Pidove), Mudsdale/Rapidash, Shinx, Palpitoad/Poliwhirl, Mightyena

I live in Atlanta & frequently travel to the country side. I'd likely see a budew around the countryside & pidoves would be all over ATL. My Great Grandfather owns horses So I'd likely be able to get either Mudsdale or Rapidash/Ponyta. I like cats so I'd try my best to find a Shinx, the part I go to always has Tadpoles in the water so I could probably get a Frog like pokemon. I have 2 dogs so would they equal a Mightyena?

PaChi2 said:
What country do you live in?
Not interested in giving moar details, sorry

I'm not asking for your Street Name, Phone Number and Zip-Code, I just want to know if your Irish, British or Scottish.

>Scottish.

As if Scotland was any different from UK.

Smh.

Anyway, Im from Spain.

PaChi2 said:

100% realistic.
Magnemite & its whole line, I think, would be too much of a hazard for any city to tolerate, let alone sell them. From Magnemite's Pokedex entries:

Magnemite attaches itself to power lines to feed on electricity. If your house has a power outage, check your circuit breakers. You may find a large number of this Pokémon clinging to the breaker box.

The units at its sides are extremely powerful magnets. They generate enough magnetism to draw in iron objects from over 300 feet away.

They gather in places where electricity is available. They can be found clinging to the steel towers used to support power lines.

It's frequently the cause of power outages, which is why some power plants send out electrical signals that it can't stand.

Imagine working on electrical lines or construction, a Magnemite floats by, and suddenly a screw from your side opposite the Magnemite flies & hits your head or in your ear. Or your power line collapses/blows out because Magnemite started clinging to it &/or eating the electricity.

In Pokemon's world, Magnemite are enough of a pest that some power plants actively try to deter them, & their evolutions are worse. I'd doubt most shops would sell them.

Back