• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What would your realistic Pokemon team be?

Not if I buy a gyarados and enough rare candies to make him reach level 101

"But most importantly, the inflation argument kinda stops working when you realize I still have a lot more money than anyone else. Sure, my country turns into a hellhole, but I don't care."

We don't joke about this here.

Economy is something to not joke about? Well, I guess if it bothers u I try to not do it if u are around, but not gonna lie, that poor guy probably didnt even know what u were so upset about, since I doubt that thats something, that bothers many people...

RatherClueless said:
Economy is something to not joke about? Well, I guess if it bothers u I try to not do it if u are around, but not gonna lie, that poor guy probably didnt even know what u were so upset about, since I doubt that thats something, that bothers many people...
You can joke about the Economy all you want, just not about inflation and what it does to the country.

RatherClueless said:
thats part of economy
Without wanting to derail things, a slight inflatioa is always nice, actually
The most dangerous things are often those which are good in moderation.

Ok, to answer this question I will be using the anime, bulbapedia and pokemon go to try make this more accurate as possible. So, first, let's start with my info. I'm from Nuevo León; México. I am of legal age and young adult. I have a means of transport to move around the city. I have several relatives living in Canada. I had the fortune of traveling a lot: McAllen, Orlando Florida (Disney), Canc├║n, etc. So, my harem team of six "realistic" pokemon, probably will go like this...

• Eevee
This would probably be my first Pokemon and more like friendly companion than a member of my pokemon team. (Of course I'm not using my Eevee for Pokemon Fights, What's wrong with you?)

According to Bulbapedia, Eevee is rarely found in the wild and is mostly only found in cities and towns. Eevee is well known to be the most common pokemon in cities and this is one of my favorite pokemon too. Probably I will never evolve it, but if I happen to change my mind, I would like to evolve it to a Vaporeon. According to the Anime, Water stones can be purchased at any large store, so I imagine that in the real world you could get a variety of evolutionary stones at any Mall like This. The prices of evolutionary stones will depend on its rarity, so the Water Stones will probably be around 69.99 dollars (maybe higher). Vaporeon is mostly found in urban settings under the ownership of a Trainer, which means, that it should be ok to have a Vaporeon at home.

• 1.- Gardevoir (preferably shiny)
According to the Anime, Bulbapedia and Pokemon Go, its pre-evolution Ralts lives in Urban Areas (Woohoo!) and are very rare to be seen by humans, but there are more chances to appear when the weather is cloudy. So, I know where to look and its just a matter of time before I catch my Ralts and evolve it to my favorite Pokemon. I don' really know how difficult would be for me to catch a shiny Ralts in a realistic world, but you can bet I would spent my days trying. Gardevoir is my favorite pokemon. In fact, I could not imagine myself in a pokemon world without a Gardevoir as my partner.

The reason is simple: I love protective and noble pokemon.

Gardevoir is able to see the future using its psychic powers. Additionally, it is able to create small black holes, distort dimensions, and support itself without feeling the pull of gravity. Its power reaches its peak when protecting its Trainer, whom it will protect with its life.

Do you need more reasons to have one?

Since I fell in love with this pokemon, I have always imagined how it would be my life in a pokemon world next to a Gardevoir; things like teaching it to communicate telepathically, train its psychic powers to see the future, traveling using its Teleport ability and why not, buy some cute accessories to dress it. I love this pokemon so much, that I would try to reach a Bond Phenomeno (if possible), just like the Ash's Greninja.

• 2.- Mismagius
Here is when it comes the funny part. Its really hard to say which Ghost-type pokemon would live here in México, but since we have the famous "D├¡a de muertos" to remember the people who already passed away, probably we would have all kind of Ghost-type pokemon. Also, there is a graveyard near the route I took to go to the university (Coords here)... So yeah, its not so distant getting a Mismagius or a Misdreavus.

Why?

Mismagius is my favorite ghost-type pokemon and I love her Witch-like appearance, its like having a little ghost witch, how awesome is that? If it is powerful, Mismagius can use advanced incantations for various purposes, such as causing misery or happiness. Another thing I forgot to mention, is that I suffer from migraines, so I'm used to headaches. People that hear its cries will usually receive headaches and hallucinations. As shown in the anime, Mismagius can put its victims to sleep, and cause them to enter a strange dream world without their noticing. Who needs VR Gaming or the Matrix? All you need is a Mismagius and you can have all the fun you want with its dreams and hallucinations, especially when you love to use your imagination. Otherwise, I won't be sitting here writting all of this. With Mismagius you can bring to life all your headcanons, fan-fics and whatever you want.

• 3.- Scyther/Scizor
Ok, first, let me explain that this is actually hard to get one here, but not impossible. When I moved from home, the area was pure scrubland with areas full of bushes and riddled with insects and rare animals (Coords here). This was because new houses were still being built when I moved. According to Bulbapedia, Scyther can be found in this type of grasslands.

The important thing is that I had the fortune to meet a praying mantis, or a "Scyther" if you like to see it on that side. Praying mantises are not very common where I live, but Scyther aren't either, so, assuming that it was a wild encounter with a Scyther, I would have seen two or three in all my life. Now, assuming I manage to catch one, the Metal Coat probably would be hard to get. This things are probably sell in Malls, but depending on the price, I could have my Scyther evolving into a Scizor.

• 4.- Vulpix or Alola Vulpix
According to the Anime and Bulbapedia, Vulpix can be found most commonly in grassy plains. Like I mention before, the area where I live, is full of bushes and was pure scrubland before. The weather in Mexico right now is also too damn hot, so, maybe a Vulpix could be wandering near my house right now. Anyway, like I laso said, I have several relatives living in Canada, where it snows in winter. I guess Alola Vulpix are not that rare, because Alola is not strictly an Ice Region, but who knows... Depending on how difficult it is to get an Alola Vulpix in Canada, I could ask my relatives for an Alola Vulpix or trade a Vulpix for an Alola Vulpix, seeing this is very common in the Anime, I don't think traiding a pokemon would be that hard. While it is not suited to warmer environments, its tail can produce ice to lower the surrounding temperature if needed.

Why going into those lenghts?

The "Kyuubi no Kitsune" is one of my favorite mytological creatures and I love foxes in real life. Personally, I prefer cold weathers and I can't tolerate hot weathers; that's why an Alola Vulpix would be a good add to my team. Thinking of playing with it and hugging its cold pelt, will make my heart content. Also, it is rare that snow in Mexico when the Christmas seasons arrive, so it would be another good reason to have an Alola Vulpix.

• 5.- Oddish/Petilil
Just to follow the rules, I'm going to refrain from naming any starter like Chikorita or Bulbasaur despite they are likely to live in grasslands. So, a more common Grass-Type Pokemon would be Oddish acording to Bulbapedia. Bounsweet, in the other hand, look like mangostee... a fruit from India, Colombia, Puerto Rico and Florida... So... sticking to regional pokemon, I'm pretty f'cked... I went to Orlando Florida on vacations, but to be able to catch a Bounsweet on my vacations... I find it hard to do, honestly. Specially, since I never saw that kind of fruit on my trips. Unless its valid to use Gardevoir's teleport to get one (which I guess is not) I will need to find someone willing to trade a Bounsweet for an Oddish (kind of hard).

The other Pokemon in my mind, according to Bulbapedia, its Petilil. It lives in areas with soil abundant in moisture and nutrients. Now, I don't know if there would be any Petilil in México, but comparing the Areas where they appears in the game, I still have a chance. Near my house, there is a park with a lot of vegetation. (Coords here) I like Petilil more than Oddish because it can evolve into Lilligant (Damn evolutionary stone prices). The flower from Lilligant emits a sweet smelling aroma, and it is believed to have a relaxing effect on those exposed to the scent.

• 6.- Not Lapras... But Cloyster
My favorite Water-type pokemons is Lapras, but not a chance to get one here. Even if that was the case, I don't have enough room space in my house to put a Lapras. I really love this Pokemon, but I guess Lapras would stay in my dreams even in a realistic pokemon world. Well... that's actually sad becuase I didn't think about it until now... But don't worry, its ok... I just... Have to regroup all the pieces of my broken heart.

Now, jokes aside, I used to travel a lot on vacations, I visited "Canc├║n" and "Isla Mujeres", so Beach-theme pokemon like Lapras Shellder would be pretty common there. If that would be the case, probably evolving a shellder into a badass Cloyster would be a good option.

This is the most well tought out and detail explanation of why you would have these Pokémon and how you would get them I have seen so far. Kudos to you! I too like Gardevoir, but on mine I was a little bit too focused on the animals that I didn't even stop to think about the Pokémon that might appear in the cities.

@HenryWong122

Thank you! It was very fun to do it, especially when you start to imagine your daily life with Pokemons.

Mawile (Bae)

Furret (LONG)

Turtwig (Torterra is too big)

Yamper (Corgis don't shed that much)

Four Pokemon is enough at the moment. The most problematic to find is Mawile. I live in southern Michigan where there isn't much variability in terrain, so I'll probably have to drive north.

CrackerVolley said:
Mawile (Bae)
Furret (LONG)

Turtwig (Torterra is too big)

Yamper (Corgis don't shed that much)

Four Pokemon is enough at the moment. The most problematic to find is Mawile. I live in southern Michigan where there isn't much variability in terrain, so I'll probably have to drive north.
How far are you from Deerton, Pictured Rocks or Adventure Mining Company? Mawile live in caves.

Pretty far. I live about an hour from the Indianan border but I wouldn't mind a drive to the UP. I went there once as a kid. My only beef with the area is this stupid resturant that was so packed, that we waited over a half hour for only the drinks. It's still a pretty place.

CrackerVolley said:
Pretty far. I live about an hour from the Indianan border but I wouldn't mind a drive to the UP. I went there once as a kid. My only beef with the area is this stupid resturant that was so packed, that we waited over a half hour for only the drinks. It's still a pretty place.
In some ways, this can be interpreted as you living in Nepal.

CrackerVolley said:
Have you been to THE lake?

CrackerVolley said:
Michigan? Erie? Huron? Ontario?
Explain yourself!
LAKE PLACID! Of course I mean, Lake Michigan, you live in Michigan that should be the first Lake that comes to your mind!

Oh yeah. I live in the southwest area (think Battle Creek and Kalamazoo) so that's the one I've been too the most. South Haven and Sleeping Bear Dunes are nice places.

CrackerVolley said:
Oh yeah. I live in the southwest area (think Battle Creek and Kalamazoo) so that's the one I've been too the most. South Haven and Sleeping Bear Dunes are nice places.
There you are likely to run into these Pokemon; Goldeen-Seaking, Magikarp-Gyarados, Krabby-Kingler, Corphish-Crawdaunt, Barboach-Whiscash, Lotad-Lombre-Ludicolo, Surskit-Masquerain, Psyduck-Golduck, Wooper-Quagsire, Poliwag-Poliwhirl-Poliwrath/Politoed, Azurill-Marill-Azumarill, Slowpoke-Slowbro/Slowking, Feebas-Milotic, Anorith-Armaldo, Dratini-Dragonair-Dragonite, Squirtle-Wartortle-Blastoise, Totodile-Croconaw-Feraligatr and Mudkip-Marshtomp-Swampert. All though the Dratini line would be more likely found deep in the Great Salt Lakes, the Totodile line would be found in Florida, North and South Carolina and Mudkip line would be found in marshes.

Baltimore is... A city.

Lots of Ratatta and the occasional Raticate level pest, but irl that shit is a problem. I feel like most fully evolved mons are raid boss level, which negates the idea that Pokémon evos are life stages I guess because strength is a requirement for evolution and there's precedent for aged mons that aren't their final forms. I don't know my guy, I don't like the idea of Raticate everywhere. ****.

There's definitely lots of Crab Pokémon. I would totally hate having a Krabby or a Kingler. So no.

I had some pet store lizards so if I can buy a Helolisk and a Treeko, that's cool.

Cats. I have like so many. I'll have a meowth. Or a Glameow.

I had a Corgi, so a Yamper, and... Hm... Definitely tons of dark types around here. No wild dogs though, so a Houndour is out of the question, thank god. Maybe a Furfrou, because of my Poodle.

Eevee. Because of my Son (Cat) Kasai. Evolve his chubby self into a flareon if I am insane.

Yamper Furfrou Glameow/Meowth Heliolisk Treeko Eevee (flareon)

Back