• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

what tier do u personally have ur favorite characters/verses at?

Xenoblade I usually associate with Tier 2, knowing Shulk recreating the universe at the end of 1 with Monado III. That said, that's their god tiers, and even knowing that stuff like the Trinity and Egil are put at planetary, I have a harder time putting anyone who isn't Shulk, Fiora or Melia at those levels (Reyn, Sharla and Dunban have precious little in the way of other feats to even remotely back up Continental or even city-level power, let alone planetary). Think of it this way: even a shackled Monado I (around 8-C - 8-A (range), for our purposes) is considered far beyond anything that the rest of the party had at the time, and yet come the end of the game, it's treated as an afterthought because of 'participation' (that eagle-eyed readers should also know my stance on) with these god tiers like Zanza? Sure, why not...?

"If anyone other than Dunban were able to wield the Monado... we could surpass any military force in the world." ~ Shulk, explaining his Monado research to Dickson.

SAO, even with the recent nerfs, I think you would be hard pressed to find a lack of tier 6 / continental level feats (WoU sky parse vs PoH, for example). Moment of honesty, but if the anime being an 'invalid' source for VS scaling had any water, than Kirito would never be a contender for this format in the first place, and people prefer that frame of reference. Hence, both are fair game.

Pokemon I think you already know my objections to some of the ways that this verse is scaled as is. Don't get me wrong, I understand where people are coming from after the rewording thread that I put out (where I tried to play devils advocate), but I still think that things like Pokken contenders being put at city level in a game where Shadow Mewtwo (3-C+) is seen as relevant are rather inconsistent for what they are.
If it were me, I would scale each Pokemon on a per-gen or per-region basis, where (say) a Machamp in Alola would bout the Ultra Beasts put at tier 3, whereas regions like Kanto and Johto lack even city-level feats ex. Mewtwo (which is kind of an outlier when considering Kanto as a Trompe-l'oeli). Alola and Sinnoh, in a power scaling context, are the two regions that stand on their own two feet (pun not intended) with the UBs, Tapus, and Diagla/Palkia having Universal capabilities, so all that's left is for this site to pick a lane (either scale all for the potential of every mon in the game dignifying scaling chains to god tiers, or treat all species as individuals, and build those profiles accordingly). I will admit that we sort of already do this with Ash's Pikachu put at tier 3 when considering Z-moves (whereas Gigantamax is put at tier 7), but rarely anywhere else.

RWBY is a weird case to bring up, because it's more a case of Moon-level scaling by the end of the series being inevitable (Salem and the gods), more than anything we have at the current moment. Even then, I would make the case that entities like Ambrosius could be seen as a form of summoning in the hands of whoever has the relic at any given moment, and the end of V8 effectively creating a pocket dimension puts the verse WAY beyond our current 7-C+ peak. I admit this could be interpreted as an outlier, so I could go either way with this.

Bubuki Buranki is a verse I will bring up until more people give this underrated gem the respect it deserves, and for that, I will bring up the fact that it's strongest peak at multi-continental, if not planetary, depending on how contentious you see some of the statements as. The way Limb scaling works is also pretty unique for what it is, and there are plenty of differing powers and hax to chew on. I won't spoil as much as I have already, so I'll leave it at that.

Low 2-C Smash roster.

2-B Undertale top tiers (at least Chara)

6-C final stage Pokémon

I think Minecraft should just be Low 7-C.

Maybe I just don't understand the reasoning for Low 1-C, but Persona doesn't seem to get past Low 2-C?

Maybe I just don't understand the reasoning for Low 1-C, but Persona doesn't seem to get past Low 2-C?

thank.gif

Low 2-C Smash roster.

2-B Undertale top tiers (at least Chara)

6-C final stage Pokémon

I think Minecraft should just be Low 7-C.

cu is higher infinite
kadath madadadadad is higher inifnite to
and so on until 1-C

Considering simply transcending space and time apparently doesn't apply for Low 1-C anymore last I heard Persona honestly doesn't count for it unless I'm missing something

Steven Universe: Solar System with at least MFTL+ speed

DCEU: At least Multi-Continental, possibly Moon level with FTL for everyone

Dragon Ball: Multiversal+ with Infinite speed for the God Tiers

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Low Multiversal with Omnipresence

Last edited:
Back