• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What should be accepted as Canon In Bleach (Mods Only Please)

For starters, I'd like it if only Mods responded to this thread, I won't even respond beyond the OP.

It's come to my attention that a part of the Bleach Revisions are being made based on a statement from the Author that's I believe is being taken out of context.

When it comes to the Bleach Movie, "Memories of Nobody", author Tite Kubo worked on it as a Supervisor. Years later in the Manga, some statement's are made in regards to the Movie:

• To Riruka, Ichigo states in a fleeting comment that "He's been to the Valley of the screams before."
Which is a place introduced in the Movie.

• Within the Bleach Volume Release containing the chapter, Tite Kubo states in a blurb, "Watch the first Bleach movie for more information regarding the Valley of the Screams".
Those involved with the Bleach Revisions take this as Tite Kubo linking the events of the movie as canon to the Manga, despite the Massive Contradictions it brings along with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, Tite Kubo's statement only canonizes the location and Ichigo's statement of having been there before, not the events of the movie. The logic is that:

• Ichigo has only been to the Valley of The Screams in the movie, thus, his statement and Tite Kubo's statement and Involvement with the film makes it events Canon.
If this is the case, then using Naruto's verse as an example because it's in a Similar situation, are we to take the Events of the Raiga Filler Arc of Part 1 Naruto as canon?

• Recently in the Boruto Manga, Boruto references he's been to the Mist Village on a field trip before when he was in the Academy.
  • The Academy Arc at the time in the Boruto Anime was the field trip arc to the Hidden Mist Village.
  • Ukyo Kodachi, who is heavily involved with the Anime and is writing the Boruto manga states that "Boruto's reference is to the current anime arc"
  • In the Anime, Raiga has a daughter who states Naruto Killed Raiga
  • Kishimoto himself in a Might Guy Flashback introduced Raiga as a Character in the Manga.
So, following the same logic, are we to assume the Raiga arc is canon as that is the only place Naruto has met and fought Raiga, or are we supposed assume that at some unknown point in time, Naruto met and Killed Raiga?

• Neither Sources reference the events of that Arc or Movie.
  • Kodachi's statement canonizes an entire Arc, Kubo only mentions the information for the place.
The reason I'm asking is because this situation has the potential to spiral out eventually and cause problems.

Like I said on the other thread, I don't know about the Bleach movie thing.

About Naruto, it's not a real problem of excepting the anime as Canon so long as it doesn't cause issues when it reaches the Manga point in the story.

This shouldn't even be that big of a deal anyway, as I know this is the only movie we take (to my knowledge) and it's apparently backed up.

Back