• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What Pokemon type would your favorite characters be?

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
If your favorite characters were Pokemon, what type would they be? Actually Pokemon characters aside of course.

Nagisa Shiota: Dark type because apparently dark types are supposed to include dirty, less than honourable and exploitative methods of fighting (at least that's what I think..) An assassin who relies on blindsiding his opponents rather than engaging them physically probably fits perfectly.

Garou: Hmph I wonder what could possibly fit-it's fighting, it's obviously fighting

Flowey: Grass is obvious but I am also going to add psychic. I only know of a dragon/steel and a grass/psychic pokemon known for time abilities and psychic makes more sense than the other two options

Asgore Dreemurr: Fire

Ban (Nanatsu no Taizai): Not sure. Will just say dark type as well.

Shrek: Fighting

Monkey D. Luffy: Let´s be honest, Ground/Fighting (let that sink for a moment)

Sora: Fighting/Fairy

Spongebob: Water/Grass

Barney the Dinosaur: Dragon/Fairy

Yoshi: Dragon

Pretty sure Twilight would be Fairy type instead of Psychic.

While I can understand your logic of Magic = Fairy, I feel like Psychic would better fit unicorns since they're incredibly intelligent and good at sorting their thoughts (many psychic types are very intelligent) and a good majority of a unicorn's spells have equivalents that are psychic type. (Psychic, Confusion, Telekinesis, Teleport, Psybeam, etc.)

And Alicorns would be better fitting as Psychic/Flying than Psychic/Fairy since Pegasi would just be flying. Other than Bulk Biceps. Fighting/Flying for sure.

Well, there would certainly be quite a few prominent characters in MLP with the fairy typing. Pinkie Pie due to her bubbly, toon-forcey personality (Rock/Fairy as said above). It could be debated if Fluttershy would receive fairy or just be a regular flying type. Same with Rarity (though Psychic/Rock may also work instead). Princess Cadance's entire thing is spreading love, so since she was a pegasus before becoming an alicorn, she would certainly be Flying/Fairy. Princess Amore would be Psychic/Fairy. Flurry Heart would definitely be Fairy as well, or perhaps Fairy/Flying. Cozy Glow could also possibly be Flying/Fairy, or just a Flying/Normal type as a filly. There's a lot of background ponies that would be fairy type as well. Even if not everyone has it, MLP is stuffed full of fairy types.

But that also doesn't mean all unicorns/alicorns/characters-with-magic have the fairy typing. Celestia and Luna would likely replace their psychic type with fire and dark types respectively, given their connections to the sun and moon.

Drite77 said:
I mean, Neither Solgaleo or Lunala are Fire or Dark types, so they can be Psy/Fairy
That's because Lunala's a ghost type instead. Regardless, then their types would probably go back to being Psychic/Flying.

Nero (DMC): Gives me a Normal/Dark vibe but if Mono? Probably Fire.

Vergil: That's...difficult. I think Dark.

Yuki Judai: That's a hard one. Maybe fighting? He uses a lot of different attribute monsters but they are mostly themed around physical strength with elemental powers.

Frieza: Do I...do I need to even say it? Psychic.

The Knight: Ghost.

Kazuma: Normal. Likes using diverse move types.

Kaiba: Dragon.

Jin Mo-Ri Fighting/Normal when Mega Evolved Fighting as the primary type, and as secondary he could be dragon, stone, or steel. (Monkey King Mode)

Lee Soo-Ji Fighting/Rock Fighting/Poison when Mega Evolved (Pandora)

Jin Tae-Ji Fighting/Normal

Han Dae-Wi Fighting/Water Fighting/Psychic when Mega evolved (King's power)

Park Il-Pyo Fighting/Fire

Oudo Miyakonojou Electric/Psychic

Abel (Shin Megami Tensei) Trainer or Dark

Hibiki Tachibana Fighting/Steel normally, Dark/Steel in Berserk, Dark/Fighting in ignite, Fairy/Steel in X-drive.

Shining One Trainer or Psychic

Anguished OneTrainer or Dark/Psychic

Natsu Dragneel: Fire/Dragon | Gajeel Redfox: Steel/Dragon | Laxus Dreyar: Electric/Dragon | Wendy Marvel: Flying/Dragon | Eric aka Cobra: Poison/Dragon | Sting Eucliff and Rouge Cheney: Dragon and Ghost/Dragon | Gray Fullbuster: Ice/Dark

Agumon-Greymon-MetalGreymon-WarGreymon: Fire-Fire-Fire/Steel-Dragon/Steel

Palmon-Togemon-Lilimon-Rosemon: Grass/Poison-Grass/Fighting-Grass/Poison

Impmon-Wizardmon-Baalmon-Beelzemon-Beelzemon Blast Mode: Dark-Dark/Flying

Link wouldn't be Fairy at all nor would Zelda. Except for the fact they have pointy ears they're 100% Human. So Normal/Psychic or Psychic for Zelda and Normal/Fighting or Fighting for Link.

Hylians and humans are different though, and Hylians are said to be closer to the gods and more in tuned with magic so fairy is fine.

@Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97

I don't know. It could be, but if you say it because he use a sword and shield, then probably not. I understand Pokemon types more like a way to describe the characters's race and not the weapons or the attacks they use. So, comparing Link to a similar pokemon like Gallade, which is Psychic/Fightning, I thought that Fairy-type would be better than Psychic because he is described as a "Fairy Boy" and Fairy-types are the closest thing to a pure heart character that can use magic (But that's not what you asked).

Now, I decided to leave the Fighting-type becuase Link can fight with any weapon he can get. In this case, a Fighting-type would describe better Link's fighting style. Link is a Hylian, and not all Hylians know to use a sword, but all Hylians can learn how to use it. Of course, I could be wrong. Since, Link and Zelda are the only ones that can use the Master Sword, maybe he could have some Steel-type inside. But, who knows?

I will do one per verse

Slave Knight Gael: Dark Type

Jace Belere: Psychic Type

The Hunter (Bloodborne): Could be several things, given that they're a player character and eventual eldritch horror.

Guts: Fighting/Steel

The Colour Out of Space: I have no clue here

The Ancestor: Dark/Psychic, probably

Oryx, the Taken King: Probably like, all of them

Ahzek Ahrima: Predominantly Psychic, probably Ghost as a secondary. He also can hit all the types though

The Saltbor: (Nobody else has a file) Another variable

Jacket (Hotline Miami): Fighting and whatever guns are

The Knight: Dark/Fighting, maybe Ghost in place of Dark

Ren Amamiya: (Current smash main so I put him) Prob Dark/Ghost

Ganondorf: Dark/Psychic

Doomguy: Very much Fighting

Kelsier: Probably Ground/Steel, given how he derives powers from consuming certain metals

Omega (Xionic Madness): Fighting/Steel

The Player (Devil Daggers): Is there a blood type or bone type

Pilot (Titanfall): Fighting/Steel

Fiftee: Psychic/Steel (That's what time bending swordsmen would be, right?)

Pokémon loremasters feel free to rip into this list I don't really know how the types work and for some characters I did just put "all of them" so

The real cal howard said:
Hylians and humans are different though, and Hylians are said to be closer to the gods and more in tuned with magic so fairy is fine.
The Hylians (pronounced /╦êha╔¬.li.ə/ HY-lee-ə)[citation needed] are a race of Humans. They are from the countries of Skyloft, Hyrule and the latter's flooded counterpart, the Great Sea. While it is unlikely that the people of Termina, a parallel world to the Kingdom of Hyrule, are also known as Hylians, they are their parallels. Descended from the people who lived among the goddess Hylia long prior to the establishment of Hyrule as a kingdom, they are a magic race with pointed ears. In the past, Hylians were able to wield magic of considerable might, but, over time, that ability has faded. However, because they are of Hylia's bloodline, the royal family, especially its princesses, is still strong in magic. In addition, some sages and shrine maidens have also been able to wield magic, an ability that brought them considerable honor in Hylian society.[5] The most famous Hylians are the many heroes and princesses that share the same name as one another, the latter being of blood relation and naming tradition.

Back