• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What made you join VS Battles? Or why did you join?

Byakuya_"Senbonzakura"_Kuchiki

VS Battles
Retired
For me I joined VS Battles because I've been searching a lot of vs fights and I came across this wiki and I thought ohh this is a good place to match two characters instead of finding an obvious answer like between Goku and Naruto so yeah.

So what about you, what made you join this wiki?

Here's my story:

One day I was bored, so I started looking for fights between characters on YouTube, and I came across DeathBattle and ScrewAttack. I thought it was okay, so I joined their forums and tried to get stuck in, but I couldn't get into it there.

However during my stay there, VSB wiki was mentioned several times, and I investigated here a few times. I liked what I saw, so I decided to contribute here. The rest is history.

I was internet surfing as always like anybody my age, found this one day (i forgot how i did it?), got curious, made an account to see how things will go, decided to give it a shot of staying, that's it.

My friend and I debat on Google+ alot at one point when he came with the characters stats the link lead here I got curious and began poking around the rest of the website got blocked for 3 months ( rather not talk about let's just say I learned to keep my mouth shut ) and after I just kept coming back.

Ryukama said:
My friends and I had a contest to see who can make the most overpowered character possible just for laughs. I went on the internet to search for some broken abilities/feats to give my guy and stumbled upon this site. Needless to say I won :)
Consider yourself lucky I wasn't there I have a character so broken no matter what you have I can guarantee he would have won.

Darkmon cns said:
Ryukama said:
My friends and I had a contest to see who can make the most overpowered character possible just for laughs. I went on the internet to search for some broken abilities/feats to give my guy and stumbled upon this site. Needless to say I won :)
Consider yourself lucky I wasn't there I have a character so broken no matter what you have I can guarantee he would have won.
So, a Tier 0 essentially?

I at first just wanted to observe the wiki and didn't think commenting was a contribution lol after that i just try to contribute cause i want the badge lol but it was really fun at the end and learned things lol

I think I found a link to the wiki on /r/WhoWouldWin, which in turn I discovered when I was browsing /r/dbz for the first time. I was a lurker for the first few months. Leaving comments on profiles (remember when that was a thing?) and taking in smug satisfaction that some of my favorite characters like Bartz Klauser were apparently stronger than other characters.

I occasionally (poorly) edited the Digimon Pages. Back then almost all the pages capped at Lage Building/City Block, though some were as high as Small Town - Mountain level for some reason and were very inconsistent (like Silphymo was rated at City Block level, when other Digimon on his level was as high as Mountain level...for damaging City level characters).

Even back then when I didn't get how this stuff worked, I knew the pages were horribly low balled. I mean we're talking about characters who destroy mountains and castles as a side effect of their battles, and can do crazy stuff like this.

Over the year I've been here, its been fun seeing my favorite verse gradually grow in power as more information was discovered. I'll use the Royal Knights for example. Magnamon went from being Country level, to Planet level, to Universe level, up to Multiverse level+!

After awhile I made pages for my favorite Video Game characters, mostly the cast of Epic Battle Fantasy and Phantasy Star 4, with Matt being my first profile ever.

I was on another forum. There were a few good intelligent people who were also extremely friendly. But there were many haters who would often start ridiculous arguments for no reason. They were in the minority but active enough to make the whole forum a rather unpleasant place. The admins rarely took action against them despite repeated pleas. Then I found the OBD and vsbattles. This place appeared to quite friendly compared to the OBD and the haters/trolls appeared to be kept in proper check by the staff. After reading profiles and going through threads here for a while, I decided to join up. I'm liking it here so far. Friendly people, staff are damn nice, decent discussions with rarely any hate being thrown around, greater info on profiles overall with more characters, no bias towards or against any particular verse.

I did not know what a Versus wiki was until I met a certain troll who falsely claimed to be the creator of the OBD. Then I searched for this place, made some beginner mistakes, was banned for half a year by SeiryuShin, returned and started to gradually make cleanup improvements, due to being an anal-retentive perfectionist, was made into an administrator by Wikia, and revised the tiering system with massive guidance from DarkLK. Then I was voted into a bureaucrat position, and started to search for staff members, beginning with Lord Kavpeny and A6colute, and here we are.

I was a Member of the DBFW until my imminent ban, then I moved my pages to OMM Fanon Wiki. Initially, without research, I had a huge ambition to make Wonderful World popular again. But so far, this failed, and this costed me a 6 month block. 6 MONTHS! Even with all the Info I had after the fact, I still didn't have any proof...

I'm currently using OBS if anyone wishes to help me with it, frame rate (The game runs at 100 fps, so there is no reason not to state I should be running 60 instead.), speed quality, etc; I really need that help for Lina Shields...

I joined this wiki by adding several characters, fixing profiles and knowing the real tier of some characters (because a lot of sites wanked them too much). After a hard long work, here i am.

first joined this wiki when i'm searching some good saint seiya debate. then i came across this wiki. then suprised that myfavorite character of all time is more powerfull than i though. so i decided to stay and created the fortissimo verse profiles. the rest maybe most of you already knew. i became a megaten *** ;p

almost forgot ; i got banned for a few month by seiryushin for create a profile for ginji from getbackers and put him at tier 3-a

I needed to find out who would win between the crew of the Seven Deadly Sins and the Fairy Tail guild.

After several months, I still don't know. I do know however millions of other useless bits of information. The wiki doesn't disappoint.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
Gemmysaur said:
I joined when I found out that versus debates on facebook is cancer. I learned about this via googling versus battles.
facebook lol thank god i don't have it
Facebook is not bad. If you always log in just to debate then that's your fault lol. I never debated in Facebook haha but I did on YouTube.

Back