• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is the highest tier that Giorno can affect with GER?

Fllflourine

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
And if so, is it NLF to assume that he can affect higher tiers? I've heard the highest he can reach is Multi-Universe+, but I would appreaciate more input on this, and reasoning as to why.

Giorno can likely affect anyone who doesn't transcend or otherwise ignore Universal causality.

Multi-Universe sounds so abritrary.

I'd say anything 4D without Immeasurable speed or acausality could be affected.

I believe it's just up tier 2+. Giorno's GER is unable to to against HA DIO who is on that tier, overwriting GER's ability. It is that and casuality manipulation where the person could do something without any signifying actions, which means that anyone like Doom who can give a glance at Giorno and swap bodies would be above GER's pay grade. IIRC, it's anyone that's 5-D+ since King Crimson was 4-D and GER reacted to that, though HA DIO transended time completely in that case.

I think that it's kind of pretty much what the above said. AFAIK i know, GER's ability can't affect anyone whose:

-Acausal

-5-Dimensional

-Someone who transcends universal causality and is of a higher tier 2 range....level....thing. Like Doom probably as what Battle said for his example.

Basically a dart thrown in the dark here.

Not to be "that guy", but Heaven Ascension DIO probably shouldn't be used as a metric. EoH's story wasn't written by Araki, only supervised.

GER's ability is perfect defense, which would force god-level beings trying to attack the JoJoverse into an indefinite stalemate unless they can manipulate casuality or are otherwise exempt from it. That's why, at higher tiers, GER winning or losing always comes down to the matchup, so there's no way to summarise whether or not he can take on higher tiers as a whole.

Also, Doom's body swap puts his target's consciousness into Doom's body also, right? Because we already have an example of body-swapping transferring your stand (Funny Valentine), so wouldn't that essentially mean nothing as GER still destroys?

Back