• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What if toon monkey vs another angry immortal? (1-0-2)

noninho

He/Him
Monkey D. Luffy starts by entering Gear 5, High 6-A, and Asura is at his 1st key, 6-armed.
Speed is = and Luffy has prior knowledge about Asura being immortal.

Shishishishi: 1 (Ryuga21)

simply :mad::

Incon: 2 (noninho, ItsOnlyDanny3)

Last edited:
Luffy's immo apply/applied once for him to get g5, it's not clear if it happens more than that, but luffy being able to dura neg may be able to do damage enough to kill Asura?
Anyway would be incon I think
It seems inconclusive to me because of the immortality of both.

The drums of liberation work regardless of Luffy activating them, so by logic his heart should resurrect him more than once. But anyway, coming back to life once with full power would be enough.

Anyway, all of Luffy's dura neg are based on internal attacks, which someone with type 2 immortality should survive with no problem.

The drums of liberation work regardless of Luffy activating them, so by logic his heart should resurrect him more than once. But anyway, coming back to life once with full power would be enough.

Anyway, all of Luffy's dura neg are based on internal attacks, which someone with type 2 immortality should survive with no problem.
So...what would be luffy's wincons? My Nightmare is unwantedly writing yet another stomp

Luffy has clear advantages over Ashura, like precog, damage reduction, stamina, LS, better Range, Regen negation...

I've seen absurd things about this Ashura, like fighting even without arms and legs, but I believe that if Luffy manages to break all his bones, to the point of preventing him from fighting (negating his regen with haki and attacking his inside), then he should probably win.

I vote Luffy for now.

Luffy has clear advantages over Ashura, like precog, damage reduction, stamina, LS, better Range, Regen negation...

I've seen absurd things about this Ashura, like fighting even without arms and legs, but I believe that if Luffy manages to break all his bones, to the point of preventing him from fighting (negating his regen with haki and attacking his inside), then he should probably win.

I vote Luffy for now.
Yeah but isn't Asura immortal? How does luffy deal with that?

As on Luffy's profile, his type 8 immortality appears to be a one-time resurrection. How much good is that gonna do?
I mean, Ryuga said it'd be needed only once, which i think might be true cuz Asura wrecks him being simply immortal or Luffy neggs his immortality.

As on Luffy's profile, his type 8 immortality appears to be a one-time resurrection. How much good is that gonna do?
I mean, Luffy already has powers that would make almost Impossible hurting him. Kaido only killed Luffy because he had superior haki and ignored his resistance to blunt force. Ashura would not have the means to give concrete damage on Luffy, especially in Gear 5, where not even Kaido with superior haki was completely effective.

It's almost impossible for him to be killed here, but even if Ashura somehow manages to kill Luffy, in an uphill battle that would push him to the extreme, I suppose; Luffy would still resurrect, with all his strenght to his max.

Luffy neggs his immortality.

Luffy can't kill immortals, my point is that he can at least negate Ashura's regeneration with haki, which would make Ashura unable to fight if all his bones were broken (ex: Luffy pulverizes his bones' legs with Ryuo - Ashura can't block it and can't fight with no mobility on his legs). It's a very dubious way to win, and I might change my mind if convinced or enlightened about Ashura's immortality.

Ashura would not have the means to give concrete damage on Luffy, especially in Gear 5, where not even Kaido with superior haki was completely effective.
yeah, now that you point that out, i'm really inclined to incon, cuz g5 only works for some minutes and then he needs to regen, but asura still wouldn't be able to neg his resistance.

Luffy can't kill immortals, my point is that he can at least negate Ashura's regeneration with haki, which would make Ashura unable to fight if all his bones were broken (ex: Luffy pulverizes his bones' legs with Ryuo - Ashura can't block it and can't fight with no mobility on his legs). It's a very dubious way to win, and I might change my mind if convinced or enlightened about Ashura's immortality.
How IC is for him to try pulverizing the bones of someone in g5's level? (afaik, 0%) Also, his profile says about Asura keep fighting when someone got rid of all his arms and his legs, so it'd need luffy to think of using aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall he's got to purposefully **** Asura's torso bones, and all the others to win via incap.

voting incon FRA.

g5 only works for some minutes and then he needs to regen
Luffy can reactivate Gear 5 whenever he wants by using Gear Second to bomb his heart and reactivate the drums. But he can still fight on equal terms with Ashura even without Gear 5 anyway.

How IC is for him to try pulverizing the bones of someone in g5's level? (afaik, 0%) Also, his profile says about Asura keep fighting when someone got rid of all his arms and his legs, so it'd need luffy to think of using aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall he's got to purposefully ***** Asura's torso bones, and all the others to win via incap.
I didn't say that Luffy will be able to pulverize his bones, I used that situation as an example. Breaking Ashura's bones won't be such a difficult task for Luffy, especially when he can fully focus on Ashura's inner body with dura-neg based transmutation and Ryuo. He would need few hits for that, to be honest.

Luffy can reactivate Gear 5 whenever he wants by using Gear Second to bomb his heart and reactivate the drums. But he can still fight on equal terms with Ashura even without Gear 5 anyway.
i don't think "equal terms" apply here since only Baljrang Gun (hope i spelled right) does the amout of damage close enough to Asura's durability, but Asura's hit won't do anything since, as we talked earlier, he'd need haki so his punches didn't just hit rubber, but luffy also cannot do much since baljrang gun apart, he can't manage to damage Asura at all...
Also, g2 could manage to extend the duration of g5, not 100% activate again
and even so, he could only do g2 for a couple of times, cuz it also tires him a hell out.

I didn't say that Luffy will be able to pulverize his bones, I used that situation as an example. Breaking Ashura's bones won't be such a difficult task for Luffy, especially when he can fully focus on Ashura's inner body with dura-neg based transmutation and Ryuo. He would need few hits for that, to be honest.
yeah, except he'd need to baljrang gun to do it, or...think about that possibility, which he won't.
IC Luffy would not think "imma break his bones so he cannot fight lmao", cuz he doesn't fight that way :V

Also, g2 could manage to extend the duration of g5, not 100% activate again
Nope. This reactivates Gear 5, have you read the manga? Btw, Luffy has never shown a limitation on the duration of Gear Second Post Timeskip, and he doesn't mix these gears, G2 is just used to bombard his heart for a few seconds. Lol.

I thought they started in base form with access to High 6-A, but anyway, if Luffy would already start the fight with the Bajrang Gun activated, then he just wins with a one-shot, combining hax + Massive AOE.

IC Luffy would not think "imma break his bones so he cannot fight lmao", cuz he doesn't fight that way :V
Do you have any proof that Luffy wouldn't do that? In fact, this isn't even a strategy, just a side effect of what Luffy's internal attacks would do to Ashura, since Luffy negs regen.

I actually forgot about why bajrang gun was that powerful.
Turns out that yeah, it would just wrecks Asura's bones

But isn't this a stomp, since Asura can't actually hurt luffy?

I don't think so, now that they both start at High 6-A, if Ashura manages to dodge the Bajrang Gun he practically wins, because I don't think Luffy can maintain this technique for a long time.

I don't think so, now that they both start at High 6-A, if Ashura manages to dodge the Bajrang Gun he practically wins, because I don't think Luffy can maintain this technique for a long time.
if Asura can hit Luffy, that is
which i think he can't

I mean if this is gear 5 luffy V Asura shouldn't asura just outlast? I mean we see the draw back of gear 5 in recent chapters, that gear absolutely wrecks luffy's stamina after he used it against lucchi he was out of gas for quite a bit and after he used it to one tap kizaru he is literally out cold right next to one of the world elders and gear 5 doesn't last that long from its shown feats, I mean we got like one chapter of it against kizaru and luffy is already out for the count.

This literally comes down to; can Asura hold out for about 20 mins while fighting luffy so that gear 5 drains luffy to the point where asura can just smack him once and win? and i'd say yes he could his stamina is through the roof(12k years of climbing without stopping) his endurance is also insane being able to take down right lethal blows and keep on trucking and his durability is good withstand a good chunk of luffy's attacks

I mean if this is gear 5 luffy V Asura shouldn't asura just outlast? I mean we see the draw back of gear 5 in recent chapters, that gear absolutely wrecks luffy's stamina after he used it against lucchi he was out of gas for quite a bit and after he used it to one tap kizaru he is literally out cold right next to one of the world elders and gear 5 doesn't last that long from its shown feats, I mean we got like one chapter of it against kizaru and luffy is already out for the count.

This literally comes down to; can Asura hold out for about 20 mins while fighting luffy so that gear 5 drains luffy to the point where asura can just smack him once and win? and i'd say yes he could his stamina is through the roof(12k years of climbing without stopping) his endurance is also insane being able to take down right lethal blows and keep on trucking and his durability is good withstand a good chunk of luffy's attacks
You necro'd a two month old thread bruv. This thread was made when Luffy still had his High 6-A key, but he doesn't have it anymore so either Luffy stomps or gets stomped depending on his key.

Asura does have 2 6-B keys so this match can be rediscussed. Also, his resurrection is inconsistent as it takes him at least several hours to at most thousands of years to come back, the latter of which counts as incapacitation.

Last edited:
Asura does have 2 6-B keys so this match can be rediscussed.
The thread starter would need to change the keys that are being used before we can discuss further. However, it seems like they'll be away for awhile so a new thread will need to be made.

You necro'd a two month old thread bruv. This thread was made when Luffy still had his High 6-A key, but he doesn't have it anymore so either Luffy stomps or gets stomped depending on his key.
No it was with their 6-B stuff at first then it was change to 6 arms asura and bajurn gun luffy, the keys are still the same just the value for bajarun gun changed

Back