• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What are the non-Lucemon abilities?

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
This is about De-aging.

Lucemon (and iirc this ability came from Cherubimon) turning Mega level digimon back to their baby state (its an example) shouldnt be counted as De-Aging or Age Manipulation.

For one, Digimon can almost freely go from one stage to another if they meet the necessary requirements (example, Impmon can jump straight to Beelzemon with no intermediate step). And they can go back to previous forms too if they are damaged enough (example, Piedmon beating the crap out of Wargreymon and MetalGarurumon iirc). Also we have special evolutions that require certain conditions like the Veemon to Magnamon or DNA-digievolution, Greymon into Skullgreymon or Wargrowlmon into Megidramon...etc.

There are too many differences between what we understand as "age" and what evolutionary stages mean to digimon. As such, I believe it should be regarded as Information/Data manipulation. As an example of what I mean, Lucemon would be able to turn SSB Goku into regular SS, or to SSG, but not into Kid Goku.

This is from the Digimon movie, right? Didn't Lucemon also de-age the Tamers as well as their Digimon?

I went to the respect thread and couldnt find the origin. Sorry.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
A bit unrelated but is it true that 2-A Lucemon has tier 1 erasure?
Shuuuuuuush.

And yes.

No more derailment.

https://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon:_The_Movie

Yes, it does de-age the Digi-Destined as well. While a wiki isn't really the best place to source from, it does say in accordance to the third part of the movie:

"Kerpymon changes the scenery again and de-ages the DigiDestined, revealing that he wanted Willis to "go back" in time to when the virus attacked him."

So, yes, Chrubimon does indeed have Age Manipulation, as it did change the ages of the humans as well as the Digimon.

Cherubimon still has De-aging, however, he would still have this ability as well. This goes for all Digimon who can do this.

Is the same cherubimon from the three great angels who inherited lucemon's powers or is a random Cherubimon?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Cherubimon still has De-aging, however, he would still have this ability as well. This goes for all Digimon who can do this.
You can de-age digimon by beating them into submission if that's the case.

This isn't a TGA Cherubimon. But this Cherubimon shouldn't have different abilities that the True Cherubimon cannot have unless specified.

PaChi2 said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
You can de-age digimon by beating them into submission if that's the case.
But, he blatantly de-aged humans...

Dragonmasterxyz said:
This isn't a TGA Cherubimon. But this Cherubimon shouldn't have different abilities that the True Cherubimon cannot have unless specified.
Nono, my point was

TGA Cherubimon = Cherubimon + Whatever he inherited from Lucemon.

Cherubimon = Cherubimon (aka TGA - Lucemon's stuff).

So anything shown by a non-TGA Cherubimon shouldnt fall into Lucemon's territory.

Anything that falls within TGA Cherubimon falls into Lucemon's territory though. At this point, it's specifying what is Lucemon's stuff and what is not.

@Dragon I was referring to your "this goes to all digimon who can do this", which, unless shown to affect humans (because Im certain that there are many digimon who can de-evolve others), shouldnt fall into Age Manip.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I wasn't talking about Age Manipulation, but the Information Manipulation tho...
Oh, welp. Digimon are data. Data is information. Nothing to argue against that.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Anything that falls within TGA Cherubimon falls into Lucemon's territory though. At this point, it's specifying what is Lucemon's stuff and what is not.
By saying that you are implying that Cherubimon literally inherited all his abilities from Lucemon. Same for the other two.

Which rises the question: patamon's(TK's, aka random Seraphimon) abilities also come from lucemon?

The point I was trying to argue is that a non-TGA cherubimon showing an ability means that the ability is not related to Lucemon.

That would be false as all Cherubimon TGA or not would have the same skills. Unless suddenly Lucemon can't use Lightning Spear and Heaven's Judgement because a non-TGA Cherubimon can use it. Just because a non-TGA Cherubimon can use it, doesn't mean TGA Cherubimon doesn't have it and therefore Lucemon.

Just like random Lucemon still have things such as Grand Cross, Non SGDL Lilithmon still have Phantom Pain, Non-SGDL Lucemon Falldowm still has Dead or Alive and such. Only thing they wouldn't have is the higher dimensional/conceptual powers.

And so I ask you and everyone here, what are the "non Lucemon abilties"?

Every time I see the words Digimon and downgrades in a sentence together, I have to double-take.

Off topic, but it's honestly great to be part of the group with you guys for Digimon. Not having to worry about leading a verse alone, not having to worry about people thinking you're wanking, not having to worry about others ruining your verse's reputation, not having to worry about people who aren't you downgrading the verse, I'd rather be a part of this than as the Pokémon lead.

So you are now understanding why I stopped really taking a leading step for Pokemon? Took ya long enough

Digimon is just much simpler and you have multiple people arguing and such in the same group. I mean, PaChi here catches shit we haven't and tends to be the Devil's Advocate that we need.

>Digimon is much simpler.

>Needs blogs explaining what Data is to digimon and what a digicore is. Also explaining DA and the cosmology.

Dood.

Simpler in terms of feats...I mean....

btw that Soul/Mind Data thread still never really concluded lol.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Simpler in terms of feats...I mean....

btw that Soul/Mind Data thread still never really concluded lol.
I stand on the opinion that digimons have as much resistance to soul and mind manip as their AP. In other words, Megas resist galactic mindhax by default and attacks that can soulhax galaxies. This is due to their ability to attack mind and soul by default scaling to their AP.

Back