• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What AP does it take to remove the core of a star?

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Title ^

For argument's sake, the star in question is our sun, and the timeframe is small.

I'm assuming this isn't something that has happened in real life before.

I'll add the real world to the topics ig, but this is more of a question to people who may know similar feats in fiction or the method to calculate this.

I might be able to give you a hard number if you have a more specific timeframe / time range this action takes place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_core

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_radius

But for the method i'd imagine you could just use the mass of the core of the sun (34% of the sun's mass is 6.7626E29 kg) and just use the distance the core is from the outside of the sun (our sun's core extends from .2 to 25 of its solar radius from the center, lets go with .25 just to be safe here) which means its travelling .75 solar radius or 521,775,000 meters or if you want a yield range the other end would be 556,560,000 meters for .8 solar radius. Fully extracting and moving the entire thing out of the sun's radius + the core's own diameter would be 1.4 or 1.5 solar radius travelled; 973,980,000 meters or 1,043,550,000 meters, respectively.

Divide the distance above by the timeframe in seconds and you got the velocity.

From there you could just do a kinetic energy calc; presuming the velocity doesn't hit faster than light speeds you should be golden.

Alright. So in the context, Artemis was struggling for survival in the vacuum of space, so the feat was pretty urgent. I'll take 10 seconds as a high-end, 30 seconds as a mid-end, 60 seconds as a low-end and 300 seconds as a super low-end.

Assuming the distance is 1.45 solar radius, and using 10 seconds, (973,980,000/10)^2 * (6.7626E29)/2 = (100,876,500)^2 * 3.3813E29 = 3.44083E45 J

For 30 seconds, we get 3.82315E44 J

For 60 seconds we get 9.55787E43 J

For 300 seconds, we get 3.82315E42 J

First one is Solar System level, rest are Large Star level

I mean, Starfy is Dwarf Star level for moon busting, and Shadow Mewtwo is Large Planet level for blowing up part of Earth. Celestial feats can get pretty crazy with decent enough timeframes.

*Moon sized mountain. So essentially Large Planet level by lifting a moon.

Although I did find out that lifting Everest could yield Low 5-B if moved really close to the speed of light

Back