• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Just no one would win since you have to blink or look away for theese two to attack you so yeah this would be a stalemate

FOREVER

Either SCP-173 or Inconclusive, the difference between what happens when you look at them is this: when you look at SCP-173 it simply stops moving, when you look at a Weeping Angel it can no longer move because when you're looking at it, it literally turns into an actual statue. so techinically SCP-173 would win, when SCP-173 looks at the Weeping Angel then it will turn into a statue, technically while its a statue its not looking at SCP-173, meaning SCP-173 will be able to snap its stone head off, also I do believe that SCP-173 is faster. Voting for SCP-173.

Weeping Angel via BFR to the past

The angel wins. If the angel looking at 173 counts at "someone", 173 wouldn't move in character, so, the angel could turn him into another Weeping Angel by looking into his eyes. If the angel doesn't count as "someone" and 173 snaps his neck, the angel would survive, due to Type 2 Immortality, and send him to the past while his guard is down.

Yeah, looking into the eyes creates an image of the angel inside its mind, it would either force it to close its eyes or have the angel rip it from the inside.

The angel can spread itself to other statues if it escapes, plus there's the immortality and BFR, not to mention amping itself by absorbing energy.

The Angels count as someone even as statues. This is evident from the ending of Blink, meaning that the Angel will kill 173 from the inside.

Weeping angel for reasons above and scp-173 is just a rip off weeping angel with less abilities so why would it win.

Given that both released in 2007 I'd give to the Weeping Angel being made first since the show (Doctor Who) is produced a year earlier.

Also, can we please not derail...

By rip off i was politely saying that 173 is basically a Weeping angel but much much much *******; sorry for the confusion.

And even if i was meaning what you thought i was it would be an undersandable mistake given that the Weeping Angels are far more famous.

I'm going to have to remind you watch your language.

The Weeping Angel would win, because of his ability to kill SCP-173 from the inside...

(But we don't know if SCP-173 have a mind or if he can be described as a living being with a "nervous system", but even without those parameters i think than the Weeping Angel can win)

SCP should be able to win this. He is still mobile even if someone is staring at him, and will punish cheaters blinking with one eye. And unlike him, the weeping angel turns into a atatue, and so wouldn't actually be staring at 173, making him go for the kill.

False weeping angels can still see in statue form, its why they can be immobalised by tricking them into looking at each other.

173 is still able to move but it would be out of character for it to do so and if 173 doesn't think the angel is alive it won't attack and it will go back to trying to escape its cell, take its eyes of the angel and then get killed or BFR'ed.

Even if SCP-173 touched the Weeping Angel, that straight up allows the Angel to BFR.

That's a really good point. Considering 173's main method of killing, is there even any way he'd be able to kill the Angel before being transported?

Actually, SCP-173 existed since at least March 2007 while the Weeping Angels first appeared in June 2007, so if anyone is a rip-off here it's the Weeping Angels.

That said, SCP-173 either wins...or wins. Sending him back in time doesn't matter, as he is at the very least a type 1 immortal. That also allows SCP-173 to wait thousands of years in the same spot just to kill a WA.

Also, SCP-173 blitzed 3 guys in the time it took a normal person to blink; a Weeping Angel can barely move in that timeframe.

Kepekley23 said:
Actually, SCP-173 existed since at least March 2007 while the Weeping Angels first appeared in June 2007, so if anyone is a rip-off here it's the Weeping Angels.

That said, SCP-173 either wins...or wins. Sending him back in time doesn't matter, as he is at the very least a type 1 immortal. That also allows SCP-173 to wait thousands of years in the same spot just to kill a WA.

Also, SCP-173 blitzed 3 guys in the time it took a normal person to blink; a Weeping Angel can barely move in that timeframe.
Production starts the year before.

BFR means that he won't be in the battlefield therefore being defeated.

The Weeping Angel literally does the same thing...

@kepekley23

1) 173 would be killed by the paradox of their being 2 of it in the same place and even if that didn't happen the WA has fed off thousands of years of 173's time energy making it considerably stronger. Furthermore WA's are type 2 and 6 immortal so 173 would only be able to win by incapasitating the WA.

2) WA's can turn other statues into other WA's by touching them which sounds like a win to me.

3) WA's like to play with their prey - if they arn't playing around with jump scares and grabbing and not BFR'ing people they blitz much like 173.

Colonel Krukov said:
Kepekley23 said:

Production starts the year before.
BFR means that he won't be in the battlefield therefore being defeated.

The Weeping Angel literally does the same thing...
Even if it does, the Weeping Angels were a late creation since they weren't present in the story the episode was based off. The concept of neck snapping was definitely predated by SCP-173 though.

BFR means the battlefield is destroyed, thus killing both fighters or one of them. We know neither of them can even come close to BFRing so...

It depends on the story to be honest. The Foundation is known for its "there is no canon" approach, so SCP-173 can either have zero feats or hundreds of them. In some tales, SCP-173's speed is so absurd he basically teleports, while in the basic version he is just really really fast.

@Delta3000

SCP-173 isn't a statue, he is a sculpture, rendering the second point moot. And even if he wasn't it would be a NLF.

SCP-173 is immune to such a paradox; he met six versions of himself once and nothing happened.

Since when can WAs bodyhop? As far as i'm aware they can only create copies of themselves via statue touching and absorb people's energy. That makes them mostly Type 2.

WAs take time to kill their preys since they almost always need life energy. You said it yourself; they wold try to absorb SCP-173's life energy, which can prove lethal to them.

Kepekley23 said:
BFR means the battlefield is destroyed, thus killing both of the fighters or one of them. We know neither of them can even come close to BFRing so...
BFR: Short for Battle Field Removal, it refers to the act of one character forcing their opponent out of the established fighting area, resulting in a default win.

Oh, I remembered now, if someone looks directly in the eyes of an angel, the angel can exist inside the mind of the observer and kill him.

So, if they start the fight looking at each other, the angel have the advantage.

Oh, I remembered now, if someone looks directly in the eyes of an angel, the angel can exist inside the mind of the observer and kill him.

So, if they start the fight looking at each other, the angel have the advantage.

That wouldn't work with SCP-173 since its "mind" doesn't work the same way as a human's.

I'm pretty sure both of them can see in the dark; Draining NY would give the WA the advantage since its stats increase with the amount of energy it has.

I'd like to point out that SCP-173's brain doesn't work like a normal one since it's only made of concrete, rebar, and Krylon Brand Paint. This makes it a statue, and therefore has NO organic material. Brains retain information, sure. But if you don't have one someone cannot get inside it.

Because of this, the angel would eventually starve of not having any time energy to feed upon.

@kepekely23

173 is both alive and humanoid and given that the angels converted a race of 2 headed humanoid aliens i doubt 173 is safe from conversion. How would feeding of 173's life energy be dangerous to a WA?

I ain't saying it is, but 173 is concrete and can't provide any time energy. If they're really stuck like this, the angel might die first.

Back