• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weather Report Subliminal Messaging

I always thought this was the case. The confusion comes from the fact that it actually does produce snails as well, it's just the mechanism (along with the rainbows) via which the messaging is conveyed. We recently had a CRT where we changed it from Mind Manip to Social Influencing. Pretty much every1 agreed that they activley turn into snails but it felt a bit weird to me.

We already had a discussion on this. The snailing is real for many reasons.

1) Shell eaters can consume the snails

2) The snails rapidly multiply and engage in sexual intercourse.

3) Hermes didn't even turn into a snail when she was first struck with Heavy Weather's ability. Snail eggs erupted from her arm.

I added the topics this thread was lacking.

Wasn't Jolyne able to enter a very small aperture in a pole by the end of her battle with DIO's last son?

Weather Report's powers are BS. But based on other profiles with this level of Perception Manipulation (say, Infinite? He's not super wanked no?) then Weather Report should still have Transmutation.

Q: If they are not actually snails... HOW CAN THEY DO SNAIL THINGS!!??

A: Jolyne uses stone free. Everything else is because they're basically tripping balls.

Q: If the snails aren't real, then why are the buildings damaged and falling apart through imaginary snails crashing the ceiling?

A: I never said the snails weren't real! At least... not all of them... Weather Report has previously made it rain frogs. It's definitely not a stretch that he unconsciously made it rain snails.

Q: Shell wearers... why would they attack a human crawling on the ground?

A: Animals are also seemingly affected by Heavy Weather. It's not a huge stretch that the shell wearers see the same snails humans do (i.e. seeing humans as snails/prey).

Q: Pucci on the same page talks about the human body willing itself to do things like age faster or get ulcers. SO WHY CANT THEY TURN THEMSELVES INTO SNAILS!?

A: An ulcer or increased aging from stress is one thing, and a very common thing indeed. But while Araki does take pseudoscience and crank it to 11 often, I'm going to draw the line at "physically changing into snails because of a trick of the light". What does make sense, is that a trick of the light makes people think they are turning into snails.

Source

Ok the snail rain is a stretch to say the least. Especially since your argument is based on an assumption over what we literally see drawn in the manga.

All evidence doesn't support the claim that the snails are not real. Araki is many things, but wouldn't something as important as seeing snails as an illusion be something he brings up in the manga at all?

Finally, Occam's Razor. It takes less assumptions to believe that they actually turn into snails that believing that they just think they are snails.

The confusion comes from the fact that his abilitiy produces actual snails as a means to transfer the subliminal messaging. It's pretty clear from the first scan that people don't actually turn into snails though. Weather report is seemingly able to create a monstrous amount of snails though. Summoning?

The quote that you try to site saying it isn't real leaves out the second part of the statement. He says that they believe they are snails, and then follows it up by saying that people can control their aging based on beliefs. They may believe they are snails, but that belief makes it real

Back