• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We need to stop taking the word "concept" at face value (Satoru Gojo CM removal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deagon, the quote you are referring to is only relevant because it's the description given the power of infinity. Inifnity cannot be a nominal concept if its subset powers are able to manifest logical impossibilities into reality. The "near" and "far" cannot be nominal given the evidence provided how they work and where their power fundamentally stems from.

This was also blatantly outlined in the same exact scan where they discuss Gojo having control over "The scale of distance". This was tied back to OP's original argument of Infinity being perception manip which has been blatantly debunked and didn't make sense in the first place.
No actually the near and far bit is a result of his manipulation of distance between him and his opponents having a ****** up or different perception of near and far as a result of said manipulation of distance. The crux of my argument wasn't perception manip nor does me admitting I was wrong on that part invalidate or debunk my argument I just wasn't sure how to exactly treat it.

This is the full context of our argument, please read it in full as it list a majority of the verse evidence.
No, thanks. Therefore, I would prefer to read the source materials myself so that I can see the previous and following contexts. This is how I evaluate any context personally. But as far as I see, you are referring it to the blue technique (chapter 69)

It comes from this scan which states that he can amplify limitless and negative numbers to create impossible situations like having -1 apples to create a magnetic effect.
Eh, I suppose. I think I am already late to comment on it, but I don't think he is creating or manipulating any negative numbers directly. It is the outcome of his amplifying a significant amount of the cursed energy, resulting in a potent force of attraction akin to that of a powerful magnet.

Deagon, the quote you are referring to is only relevant because it's the description given the power of infinity. Inifnity cannot be a nominal concept if its subset powers are able to manifest logical impossibilities into reality. The "near" and "far" cannot be nominal given the evidence provided how they work and where their power fundamentally stems from.
Frankly, it is not my concern if you continue to misunderstand the OP's point, but as MGQ and I have repeatedly clarified: The argument does not depend on Infinity being nominal. MGQ was the first person to suggest that the "Infinity" aspect of Gojo's power is mathematics manipulation in this comment and his argument about nominal concepts was solely in reference to the fact that the statement (not by the author) about the concepts of "near" and "far" were contextualized solely in reference to an opponent's perception.

So, no, accepting Math Manip doesn't contradict MGQ's argument. He was the one that suggested it in the first place.

Eh, I suppose. I think I am already late to comment on it, but I don't think he is creating or manipulating any negative numbers directly. It is the outcome of his amplifying a significant amount of the cursed energy, resulting in a potent force of attraction akin to that of a powerful magnet.
You might be right, but the scan is a too direct to assume otherwise without a good reason, so it's probably best to just leave it as math manip.

No actually the near and far bit is a result of his manipulation of distance between him and his opponents having a ***** up or different perception of near and far as a result of said manipulation of distance. The crux of my argument wasn't perception manip nor does me admitting I was wrong on that part invalidate or debunk my argument I just wasn't sure how to exactly treat it.
That's literally what I just said...

The point being "control over near and far" is in reference to him manipulating distance. He manipulates distance utilizing Math (negative numbers and such). This ability comes from the concept of Infinity, which is the "engine" for all of his abilities. Ergo, the abstract concept infinity holds sway over reality, which allows Gojo to directly manipulate reality. Concept type 2.

You also still have yet to address the verse mechanics I discussed which outlined CT being inherently conceptual in nature, the fact that JJK verse existing as type 2 info has implications about reality manip, and Gojo being able to manipulate even abstract space such as domains.

This ability comes from the concept of Infinity, which is the "engine" for all of his abilities. Ergo, the abstract concept infinity holds sway over reality, which allows Gojo to directly manipulate reality. Concept type 2.
Such an interpretation would render all mathematics manipulation as being a form of Type 2 concept manipulation, but this is clearly not the case.

Ok I adjusted where math manip is better placed based on accepted scans in relation to it.

Profile can be closed for now.
Did you put force field creation at spatial manipulation? That should be removed Idk who put that there lol

Such an interpretation would render all mathematics manipulation as being a form of Type 2 concept manipulation, but this is clearly not the case.
No it wouldn't? The reason this is the case is because of all Gojo's mathematic manipulation is solely due to the fact that he control the concept of Infinity. So it is specific to this verse. Not sure how you concluded this.

No, thanks. Therefore, I would prefer to read the source materials myself so that I can see the previous and following contexts. This is how I evaluate any context personally. But as far as I see, you are referring it to the blue technique (chapter 69)

It has translated in Tumblr, unfortunately I can't post the link in the site, though you can type abyss of math course - part 1 tumblr at google taskbar

No it wouldn't? The reason this is the case is because of all Gojo's mathematic manipulation is solely due to the fact that he control the concept of Infinity. So it is specific to this verse. Not sure how you concluded this.
He controls infinity, not "the concept of infinity." You claimed Gojo stated he controlled the concept of infinity, but the scan you linked says otherwise, he simply says "Infinity is originally omnipresent, my sorcery just brings it back to reality."

The other scan says "My technique is the convergence of an infinite series. Things that approach me slow down and never reach me, and by amplifying the limitless and negative numbers impossible situations like having -1 apples are born."

Ultima already explained in detail why this doesn't qualify for a Type 2 concept, but indeed this is math manip. Otherwise you would just as easily be able to argue that him affecting "negative numbers" is "abstract and has an effect on reality" and is thus Type 2 CM.

He controls infinity, not "the concept of infinity."
He controls the concept of infinity as stated in the novel and as further contextualized by how Cursed Techniques work in the first place, needing a target concept.
You claimed Gojo stated he controlled the concept of infinity, but the scan you linked says otherwise, he simply says "Infinity is originally omnipresent, my sorcery just brings it back to reality."
It doesn't. Infinity is parenthesized for a reason as I noted in my explanation to Ultima when explaining the mechanisms behind CT. Not to mention an abstract quality existing everywhere in reality and having sway over reality would also implicitly lead us to the same conclusion.
The other scan says "My technique is the convergence of an infinite series. Things that approach me slow down and never reach me, and by amplifying the limitless and negative numbers impossible situations like having -1 apples are born."

Ultima already explained in detail why this doesn't qualify for a Type 2 concept, but indeed this is math manip. Otherwise you would just as easily be able to argue that him affecting "negative numbers" is "abstract and has an effect on reality" and is thus Type 2 CM.
No he didn't. Ultima explained that it was blatantly abstract and thus couldn't be explained by spatial manipulation alone and that he wasn't swayed about concept manip. He then further asked for more context which I have him not only regarding Infinity/Gojo's powers, but also context on JJK ontology and curse technique mechanics.

And no, your last conclusion still doesn't work. The only reason Gojo is getting the concept manipulation is because of how CT works in addition to Infinity being the conceptual engine from which is math manip specifically springs forth from. This obviously isn't the case with all math manipulators so I'm confused why you keep bringing up this strawman.

Is the JJK verse even comprised of Type 2 information, the only scans used to evidence that is the body and soul having information, not information itself being a fundamental building block of reality that is being manipulated
The body is material. The soul is spiritual. This is a dichotomy. Toji's body in full is able to be summoned using physical information and this info dominated someone else's soul. Yaga takes physical information and recreates souls by turning that into spiritual information and having the new souls observe each other to gain sentience and create CT.

So yes, Information is the fundamental aspect underlying matter and spirit.

He controls the concept of infinity as stated in the novel
The novel which wasn't written by the author of JJK. Even so, if it "brings the concept of infinity into reality" then that means the concept of infinity doesn't qualify for Type 2.

Not to mention an abstract quality existing everywhere in reality and having sway over reality would also implicitly lead us to the same conclusion.
Except it doesn't "exist everywhere in reality." The scan features Gojo explicitly stating that his sorcery is responsible for bringing it into reality.

The only reason Gojo is getting the concept manipulation is because of how CT works in addition to Infinity being the conceptual engine from which is math manip specifically springs forth from.
This whole notion of infinity being a "conceptual engine" is not present in any of your scans.

The novel which wasn't written by the author.
Doesn't matter it was clearly referencing the initial explanation from the manga, the novel is an official product that goes along with the official movie which Gege had extreme oversight as Gege draw storyboards for animations in addition to supervision. Not to mention our site standards aren't "has to be directly written by the author" to be canon. Also if you didn't notice, Gege is still listed as the main author here.
Even so, if it "brings the concept of infinity into reality" then that means the concept of infinity doesn't qualify for Type 2.
Yes it does. JJK has an abstract reality and physical reality, Gojo is bringing the conceptual into physical reality for effect. Literally, type 2 concept.
Except it doesn't "exist everywhere in reality." The scan features Gojo explicitly stating that his sorcery is responsible for bringing it into reality.
Yes, read the scan. "Infinity originally exist everywhere. My sorcery just brings it back to reality" implying that reality once was in an infinite state and no longer is but Gojo is able to still utilize said concept to effect in the physical world. The fact that his powers allow him to then abstractly use math to dominate reality would once again bar if from being nominal in anyway and wouldn't qualify for type 3 either.
This whole notion of infinity being a "conceptual engine" is not present in any of your scans.
It has been explained, you can literally go and read my discussion with Ultima for further context. You are refusing to look at the evidence. There isn't much else I cano do about that.

Last edited:
Address it in another thread. I also disagree with that, along with Void Manipulation.
I only brought it up because it's being used as a piece of evidence in the argument for type 2 conceptual manipulation

Doesn't matter it was clearly referencing the initial explanation from the manga
A third party's interpretation of the manga means very little. The author did not write this.

the novel is an official product that goes along with the official movie which Gege had extreme oversight as Gege draw storyboards for animations in addition to supervision. Not to mention our site standards aren't "has to be directly written by the author" to be canon.
"Official product" means nothing. Filler episodes and movies are also "official products" and something as vague as "oversight" is also not meaningful. We have rejected a variety of content as being canon for reasons just like this. The author didn't write it.

Yes, read the scan. "Infinity originally exist everywhere. My sorcery just brings it back to reality" implying that reality once was in an infinite state and no longer is but Gojo is able to still utilize said concept to effect in the physical world.
Nothing in his sentence implies "reality was once in an infinite state and no longer is." It says "Infinity is originally omnipresent." You have a bad habit of editorializing scans to say things they simply do not.

It has been explained, you can literally go and read my discussion with Ultima for further context. You are refusing to look at the evidence. There isn't much else I cano do about that.
I looked at your evidence and read your arguments. Your evidence just isn't good enough. There isn't much else I can do about that.

Doesn't matter it was clearly referencing the initial explanation from the manga, the novel is an official product that goes along with the official movie which Gege had extreme oversight as Gege draw storyboards for animations in addition to supervision. Not to mention our site standards aren't "has to be directly written by the author" to be canon.
■初出: 劇場版呪術廻戦 0 ノベライズ 書き下ろし (First appearance: Jujutsu Kaisen the Movie Novelization Newly written)
この作品は、2021年12月公開の映画「劇場版 呪術廻戦 0」 (脚本: 瀬古浩司)をノベライズしたものです。(This work is a novelization of the movie "Jujutsu Kaisen 0" (screenplay: Koji Seko), which will be released in December 2021.)
So I guess the all matter is to question the canonical of Jujutsu 0 movie.

A third party's interpretation of the manga means very little. The author did not write this.
This is a blatantly dishonest framing. This isn't a third party making their own version of the novel. This is the official supervised released product for the movie. Gege is listed as an author before both other people on the exact novel itself, and was heavily involved with supervision.
"Official product" means nothing.
Prove this.
Filler episodes and movies are also "official products" and something as vague as "oversight" is also not meaningful.
Equivocation fallacy. This is an official release of canon events from the manga. Anything espoused by the third party has been ok'd by the copyright author and owner of the media that is JJK. Those sources outweigh your personal interpretation.
We have rejected a variety of content as being canon for reasons just like this. The author didn't write it.
This is incorrect as several other verses utilize secondary and tertiary canon. Not to mention you statement "the author didn't write it" is heavily disingenuous here given this novel inherently being a retelling of the authors work, the author being listed as an author on the novel proper, and his direct oversight.
Nothing in his sentence implies "reality was once in an infinite state and no longer is."
Yes it does. What do you think he means by "originally everywhere" and bring it "back" to reality?
It says "Infinity is originally omnipresent." You have a bad habit of editorializing scans to say things they simply do not.
Yes, if omnipresent means everywhere, and originally implies a prior state different to the current one, which is bolstered by the fact that Gojo is "bringing it back to reality", how does any of that go against my conclusion?

White seems to make far more sense, as opposed to the FRA train. Gege constantly speaks on the anime and movies that are adapted with high praise, and was even instructed to help with the storyboarding of Unlimited Void when it was animated.

This is a blatantly dishonest framing. This isn't a third party making their own version of the novel. This is the official supervised released product for the movie. Gege is listed as an author before both other people on the exact novel itself, and was heavily involved with supervision.
"Official released product" means nothing, as I already said. Filler episodes and non-canon movies are also official released products by the IP holder, we do not consider them canon. Gege is not listed as an author on the novels, he is only listed as an illustrator. See here where only Ballad Kitaguni is listed as the author, and the front cover simply says "Created by Gege, Novel by Ballad Kitaguni" which is only an acknowledgement of Gege as the creator of the franchise, not that he participated in writing the novel.

Anything espoused by the third party has been ok'd by the copyright author and owner of the media that is JJK. Those sources outweigh your personal interpretation.
Nope, not at all. This would render filler episodes and non-canon movies canon just because they were "ok'd by the copyright author and owner of the media" which is not in line with our standards for canonicity at all.

Yes it does. What do you think he means by "originally everywhere" and bring it "back" to reality?
Yes, if omnipresent means everywhere, and originally implies a prior state different to the current one
Yes, he's talking about infinity, not reality. You used his statement about the prior state of infinity to infer something about the prior state of reality, which is a non-sequitur.

"Official released product" means nothing, as I already said.
I don't care what you say. You saying official product release means nothing quite literally means nothing. You don't have the rights to express what counts as a part of the JJK story. Things like Jump released supplements and media directly tied to the manga, do indeed count as secondary canon.
Filler episodes and non-canon movies are also official released products by the IP holder, we do not consider them canon.
Ok, why do you keep bringing this up? This isn't at all relevant to what we are discussing so it's a complete non sqeuitur to out discussion.
Gege is not listed as an author on the novels, he is only listed as an illustrator. See here where only Ballad Kitaguni is listed as the author, and the front cover simply says "Created by Gege, Novel by Ballad Kitaguni" which is only an acknowledgement of Gege as the creator of the franchise, not that he participated in writing the novel.
Created by Gege means Gege is getting authorship of the material itself. Ballad is obviously the person responsible for penning down the ideas. So if Gege is listed and supervised the novel, which is turn a novelization of a movie that he also supervised using content he wrote, and Gege and Jump both explicitly approve as copyright holders to have it published, it sure can be counted as canon.
Nope, not at all. This would render filler episodes and non-canon movies canon just because they were "ok'd by the copyright author and owner of the media" which is not in line with our standards for canonicity at all.
Incorrect, this is once again an equivocation fallacy. You can't use a general rule to try and apply here when it's blatantly obvious this case is comparable to a "non canon movie" or "filler"
Yes, he's talking about infinity, not reality.
Yes Infinity was originally everywhere. Everywhere is CLEARLY talking about reality lol.
You used his statement about the prior state of infinity to infer something about the prior state of reality, which is a non-sequitur.
No I didn't, the two are linked by Gojo himself. "Infinity is originally omnipresent" links both subjects and the use of "originally" implies them being together at once, which is why Gojo now has to conjure it using his power.

There is no alternate conclusion to draw here.

I don't care what you say. You saying official product release means nothing quite literally means nothing. You don't have the rights to express what counts as a part of the JJK story. Things like Jump released supplements and media directly tied to the manga, do indeed count as secondary canon.
Ok, why do you keep bringing this up? This isn't at all relevant to what we are discussing so it's a complete non sqeuitur to out discussion.
Okay, your personal opinion does not supercede our standards on canonicity. We regularly and routinely dismiss material that is published by the IP holder of a series because it wasn't actually written by the author. JJK is no exception just because you want it to be.

When different source materials give different versions of the same feat, and by that they contradict each other in the depiction of the feat, the primary canon takes precedence over the secondary canon.

Created by Gege means Gege is getting authorship of the material itself. Ballad is obviously the person responsible for penning down the ideas. So if Gege is listed and supervised the novel, which is turn a novelization of a movie that he also supervised using content he wrote, and Gege and Jump both explicitly approve as copyright holders to have it published, it sure can be counted as canon.
Nope, it cannot be counted as canon. First, I don't see any information that suggests Gege "supervised" the novel. According to the description on the Amazon page for the novel, Ballad Kitaguni was sent manga volumes as draft material for the novel. I don't see any indication of Gege's personal involvement in supervising the writing of the novel.

And as noted above, you can harp on "Gege and Jump published it!" but it means literally nothing at all for our canon standards. Gege has to write it or explicitly state it's canon. The fact that it was published by Jump means nothing at all. It's an adaptation of the canon material by a different author. Any deviations to the canon by this third party are not canon by our standards. When primary canon and "secondary" canon are at odds like they are here, we always go with the primary canon. Though this actually falls under "tertiary" canon not "secondary" unless we receive specific proof that Gege oversaw the writing of the novel.

Yes Infinity was originally everywhere. Everywhere is CLEARLY talking about reality lol.
Infinity being omnipresent in reality does not mean reality used to be infinite. Especially given the "Achilles and the Tortoise" analogy.
No I didn't, the two are linked by Gojo himself. "Infinity is originally omnipresent" links both subjects and the use of "originally" implies them being together at once, which is why Gojo now has to conjure it using his power.

There is no alternate conclusion to draw here.
Yeah you're pretty blatantly writing this yourself, it's not present in the text.

Last edited:
Okay, your personal opinion does not supercede our standards on canonicity. We regularly and routinely dismiss material that is published by the IP holder of a series because it wasn't actually written by the author. JJK is no exception just because you want it to be.
Go ahead and point these out to me. I want to see the standards that bar this from being canon.
First, I don't see any information that suggests Gege "supervised" the novel.
The content utilized to create the story is Gege's itself hence why he is credited with original authorship.

Also here is an interview with the actual jump editor responsible for the canon novels, and he described the process

Katayama : Both Mr. Akutami and I wanted to know what kind of writers write and how they write. So Mr. Nakamoto suggested that instead of looking at the completed manuscript straight away, we would have Mr. Kitakuni (Barad) write the short story and then make a decision.
Sora : I see.
Katayama : My impression from that time was that (Mr. Kitakuni) had a good grasp of the characters and that the dialogue was done well. I thought, `Ah, that's amazing. You're really reading Jujutsu Kaisen'' and `You're making the characters move.''

Of course, Mr. Akutami Gege is also supervising.​

Sora : It was said that the author of the original work, Gemo Akutami, originally read the novel, but did he supervise the novel version?
Of course, Mr. Katayama also looks at the manuscript, and I think the main thing he's looking at is, ``Will the character say those lines?'' However, there are few points. They also focused on checking the settings to ensure that they were unable to do this due to their abilities.
Nakamoto : Yes. Depending on the work, I may have to revise it quite carefully, but I think it's rare for the two Jujutsu Kaisen novels.
Katayama : The process is that I first check the areas that I'm concerned about, and Professor Akutami answers them or suggests alternative

And as noted above, you can harp on "Gege and Jump published it!" but it means literally nothing at all for our canon standards. Gege has to write it or explicitly state it's canon. The fact that it was published by Jump means nothing at all. It's an adaptation of the canon material by a different author. Any deviations or additions to the canon by this third party are not canon by our standards.
Except you have yet to explicitly outline why it's not canon. All you have done is point to general rules and things that have nothing to do with this novel such as non canon movies and general anime filler, which is completely outside of the scope or context of this situation.

And no, your last statement is incorrect. Deviations are explicitly allowed so long as they don't contradict the original source. Especially when supervised.

One refers to infinity as a concept, and one does not. If they weren't at odds we could just use the manga.
I’m not sure I agree with this as being a contradiction but I guess.

wouldn’t this sentiment of “if they weren’t at odds we could just use the manga” invalidate the idea of:

When different source materials give different versions of the same feat, and by that they contradict each other in the depiction of the feat, the primary canon takes precedence over the secondary canon

Being completely pointless? What’s the point of secondary forms of canon if they have to repeat what’s said in primary canon to be considered canon material? it renders the whole idea of secondary canon pointless if secondary material can’t add exposition/expand on primary material.

I think this particular ability is annoyingly tricky to evaluate, and I in general think both sides are making good points.

However, this argument about canonicity seems to be more dodging having an actual discussion on whether or not the ability qualifies for CM2.

if the verse says infinity is a conceptual ability, then I think it’s a conceptual ability. However, that doesn’t immediately mean it qualifies for CM. The site has CM standards for a reason and I don’t think it’s enough for a verse to say something is conceptual, it also has to behave in a way that qualifies for the site standards, obviously there’s no guarantee the authors idea of concepts lines up with VBW.

I think the only meaningful discussion worth having at this point is that between Ultima and White on the behaviour of infinity, debating canon and needless back and forth isn’t fruitful and is just wasting time at this point in the thread.

that’s just my 2 cents anyway

Edit: didn’t there use to be a CM type for conceptual abilities that didn’t behave as (I’ll use this term for lack of a better word) regular concept types?

What’s the point of secondary forms of canon if they have to repeat what’s said in primary canon to be considered canon material? it renders the whole idea of secondary canon pointless if secondary material can’t add exposition/expand on primary material.
This isn't simply adding a new thing, this is altering the existing explanation for Gojo's ability.

Go ahead and point these out to me. I want to see the standards that bar this from being canon.
I just did in the post you're responding to.

The content utilized to create the story is Gege's itself hence why he is credited with original authorship.
Yes. I already pointed this out.

Also here is an interview with the actual jump editor responsible for the canon novels, and he described the process
This pretty much settles it. The authors involvement was very minimal.

Katayama: Of course he read the manuscript, and I think he mainly looks at the lines that the characters say. However, he does not point out many things. Also, he focused on checking the settings, saying, "He cannot do this kind of thing because of his abilities."

Except you have yet to explicitly outline why it's not canon. All you have done is point to general rules and things that have nothing to do with this novel such as non canon movies and general anime filler, which is completely outside of the scope or context of this situation.
These are non-canon for the same reason as anime filler: They are written by different authors in adaptations of the primary source material. Even so, the second half of the paragraph being used primarily discusses it in terms of physics manipulation, so you're out of luck either way:

Because of its unparalleled destructive power, its control requires meticulous manipulation of spell power that interferes at the atomic level. It is an operation so powerful that it dominates time and space, and if handled properly, it is impossible to avoid the load of burning out the brain.

This pretty much settles it. The authors involvement was very minimal.

Katayama: Of course he read the manuscript, and I think he mainly looks at the lines that the characters say. However, he does not point out many things. Also, he focused on checking the settings, saying, "He cannot do this kind of thing because of his abilities."
Yeah no, we're not gonna ignore you completely leaving out these lines

Katayama : Both Mr. Akutami and I wanted to know what kind of writers write and how they write. So Mr. Nakamoto suggested that instead of looking at the completed manuscript straight away, we would have Mr. Kitakuni (Barad) write the short story and then make a decision.

Katayama : The process is that I first check the areas that I'm concerned about, and Professor Akutami answers them or suggests alternative
That is not "minimal" involvement, that is direct involvement and supervision.

These are non-canon for the same reason as anime filler: They are written by different authors in adaptations of the primary source material.
This is also incorrect. Filler is often times not canon because the entire plotlines of those episodes are completely contrived scenarios not at all found in the manga, and as a result of the anime needing to buy time due to relying on manga primarily. That is completely different than a directly supervised adaptation that is an official source and directly supervised by Gege, stemming directly from events that did canonically happen.

Even so, the second half of the paragraph being used primarily discusses it in terms of physics manipulation, so you're out of luck either way:

Because of its unparalleled destructive power, its control requires meticulous manipulation of spell power that interferes at the atomic level. It is an operation so powerful that it dominates time and space, and if handled properly, it is impossible to avoid the load of burning out the brain.
Not really, Gojo already has that and once again, this isn't a one size fits all thing. gojos conceptual control over infinity allows him control over physics, math, space, etc. Pointing this out in no way precludes Infinity being conceptual.

But I agree with Hasty and we clearly aren't getting anywhere with each other so this will be my last response on the topic for now.

Yeah no, we're not gonna ignore you completely leaving out these lines

That is not "minimal" involvement, that is direct involvement and supervision.
Those lines hurt you.

Both Mr. Akutami and I wanted to know what kind of writers write and how they write. So Mr. Nakamoto suggested that instead of looking at the completed manuscript straight away, we would have Mr. Kitakuni (Barad) write the short story and then make a decision.

Key phrase "instead of looking at the completed manuscript." They based their decision on a short story, not the complete manuscript.

Even better. So Akutami largely only offered his input on areas Katayama was concerned about. Without information to suggest this "concept" line was among such thing, we have no way of determining whether the original author had any oversight at all on that line.

But I agree with Hasty and we clearly aren't getting anywhere with each other so this will be my last response on the topic for now.
Per both our canon standards and our CM standards, this clearly doesn't pass inspection. We can't get anywhere because you are less interested in our site standards and more interested in finding any way possible to argue for this clearly imaginary ability of Gojo's. This thread has passed 7-0, this discussion served little purpose past that point. I will leave it open for a time to allow your discussion with Ultima to continue but there is very little chance of this being overturned so temper your expectations accordingly.

In this case, I think we can close this thread.

I'm predicting that you will eventually try and make a thread overturning this decision.

Is there a cool down period that exist before someone can attempt to overturn a thread that was recently accepted, anyone know?

In this case, I think we can close this thread.

I'm predicting that you will eventually try and make a thread overturning this decision.

Is there a cool down period that exist before someone can attempt to overturn a thread that was recently accepted, anyone know?
No? I and others are still waiting for Ultima to respond ,as if you read Hasty's post, that is what I was referring to.

Yes, it is 3 to 4 months.
This is exactly why I'd like to wait before we started putting the changes in because its hard enough to get anything done without having to wait huge chunks of time to attempt changes to the verse. But what's done is done here and there is little point in keeping this thread open if the changes have already been applied because we're unlikely to get staff to return to the thread even if Ultima comes around or White convinces people.

At this point, I'm closing the thread because its becoming increasingly untrackable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back