• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We need to get DC Presence content right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the ambiguity around the ending of the Lucifer #2 series, I think that it should be removed from the profile as it's not entirely certain if the Presence is the one being depicted in the comic. We only have outside WoG to go on, and I think it's best that it's removed or rephrased as well.

It should say something to the fact that despite the Presence being proclaimed to return to Creation after a metamorphosis, there is information inside and outside of the story that would suggest it very well isn't The Presence.

Lucifer #2 isn't even relevant anyway and it is non canon. The Presence is literally alive again (ignore Lucifer 2) in the third Lucifer series latest issue as "God is Angry" at Lucifer 3 which is literally taking place after the events of Dark Knights Metal.

Even Main DC, Presence is still alive. I really did not care to continue this discussion given how inevitably irrelevant it will be.

So, as I requested, we need practical suggestions for how to properly rewrite the profile, or should I just remove the text segment in question?

@Nether How does that interact with the first Lucifer series then given how the Presence left at the end as a major plot point there?

Should we wait until we get more context in the most recent series to proceed forwards?

I don't know, Lucifer 3 is referencing a few things from Lucifer 1 (a little) Lucifer is still the shaper of stars. But the story takes place after Dark Knights Metal.

I mean, what happened to Elaine? Since Presence is God again.

He came back to life? Replaced Elaine? Hm? Makes no sense to me.

Yes, it turns into a major problem when the editorial and writing departments stop caring about continuity.

Anyway, back to how we should best solve this issue.

just remove that paragraph because even if we consider series 2 as relevent it was clearly implied that thing was not the presence. And Presence being dead was never mentioned in any other series even in lucifer 2 it was proven wrong by lucifer.

Okay. I will do so. We should probably mention something about that the second Lucifer series was left ambiguous and has unclear canonicity though.

Well, the profile is almost entirely dependent on the second Lucifer series, and that has likely been retconned. I am not sure how to properly fix it to take that into account.

Yes, but we mostly base the profile on Lucifer volume 2, which is of uncertain canonicity.

We still use images from the second Lucifer series in the profile. Also, aren't any of the other statistics based on it?

Lucifer II is as relevant as using World's Funniest to prove that Mxy is High-1B.

Like I said, I don't engage in debates that are inevitably irrelevant. Just sitback and relax, as the story that the Morrison activists use desperately to lowball the Presence becomes decanonized slowly.

I deleted the derailment.

Anyway, Nether, you really need to make a continuous effort to be more polite and respectful towards members here who disagree with you, particularly the staff.

I still haven't seen ANY proof that the second series was retconned beyond personal assumptions of people in these threads. As I keep saying time after time after time, Series III opens following a time skip and we don't know how much time passed or what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back