• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warriors of Honour: The Crusader vs Garen Crownguard

Well the Low 7-C Darkest Dungeon continues here. Think this might be possible so let's discuss it.

Basically after beating The Sleeper Reynauld is seperated from Dismas and the rest of the crew, before long he found himself in a forest where a man in armour stood.

"Hail good sir, can you pray tell me the way to the hamlet?" Reynauld said as he lifted his visor.

The man frowned and said "There's not a village for miles sir, tell me your name. I am Garen Crownguard of Demacia."

"Demacia? Doesn't sound like any land I know of. I believe I am lost, I am Reynauld a Crusader." Reynauld said as he sighed, his mind not wishing to process the implications of it.

"Well regardless your a man of combat I see, I'd like to challenge you. My foe Darius refused to show the coward." Garen said as he hefted his blade.

Reynauld contemplated this, perhaps combat would guide him. "Very well, have at you." he said as he shut his visor and readied his blade.

Low 7-C is being used for both, Garen is in first key. SBA otherwise

The Crusader: 1

Garen: 4

Inconclusive: 0

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Garen_Crownguard

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Crusader_(Darkest_Dungeon)

Errrr okay its been a long time since I played Darkest Dungeon. But I think Zealous Accusation is prolly magic based, mayyyyybe his healing and inspiring cry. Though that's him just hoisting up a banner so not sure on that. Holy Lance isn't as its just a sword technique, Bulwark of Faith could possibly be magic based also as that and Zealous involve him using a scroll.

Crusader's not really a magic type and is more of a sword swinger though, that's more the Vestal's niche. What about Garen's villian thing? Not sure if that's gonna work on Crusader or not

Mkay because those techniques would be nulled passively by Garen's armor

Basically if his opponent has ever taken another life, regardless of their alignment, they're considered villains, which makes all of his sword attacks ignore durability against them

Wait really? I thought the null came from decisive strike and ignoring durability was from his ult.

Well so long as its not a stomp then I guess. Ngl half tempted to throw Garen up against MGS Raiden now.

Did that not already happen? Then again it looked hella outdated I think last time I looked at Yasuo, that is also sorely tempting. >_>

Still one thing at a time kinda wanna see if anyone can put something up for Crusader, I'll count you both for Garen then.

If look in the Lore more than gameplay Crusader set in fantasy dark age as Dungeon Fighter And Garen Almost One Man Army he stronger and faster set in Rune Magic World Fantasy

Someone like garen go to dungeon and overpower destroy the wall and a lot of area or even dungeon itself but the issue is Garen in New Comic Lore isnt that strong like vs battle feat did with gameplay feat mix with lore support so if we use Canon comic lore Garen can lose to Crusader due to Crusader can use gameplay feat when garen not. even in comic he got hurt from Magic damage by sylas in the face....(Knock Out)

Result : In vs battle Rule Gameplay can be feat and garen would win

But if Canon with new Comic by riots This Garen is diffrent person from the game No Spin No Justice yet Hurt by magic and Knock out by sylas

Sylas hit Garen with Kayle's High 6-B magic my guy, of course he wouldnt be able to block that with basic Demacian Steel armor

Attack Potency: Small Town level+ (His Demacian Justice can attain this sort of power)

He never use it in the lore with Classic garen but if God King Yes he can

Demacian Justice ignores conventional durability when used against villains

Villian Mechanic is in gameplay not in the lore(He never use it)

Perseverance (Maybe In Lore but not like In gameplay)

Decisive Strike (His speed is true yes but no silent ability excepth his weapon couter magic and absorb magic it self)

Courage (It about his armor that couter magic and absorb magic it self) No
reduces incoming damage for a few seconds ability.

Judgment: Garen rapidly spins his sword around his body, losing the ability to use basic attacks but ignoring unit collision and dealing physical damage to enemies within range for the duration, increased when damaging a single enemy. (Nope he cant spin in the Lore)

Demacian Justice.....(Only God King can use)

So the way Classic Garen fight would be Only
A highly skilled combatant and military leader, well-versed in the art of war, Widely considered one of the greatest swordsmen in Demacia)

Subsonic reactions and combat speed (Casually reacted to an arrow, Speedblitzed a mage from across a room, with said mage acknowledging that he could have easily killed her before she could lift a finger to stop him, Has kept up with Katarina Du Couteau on multiple occasions)

As a trainee one of his strength-building exercises involved dragging a massive marble pillar around on a chai)

That How He should Fight In the Lore And With New Riots Comic

Yes, that part is going to be removed in the upcoming revision, but he is still physiclally Low 7-C scaling to other feats of a similar magnitude that he scales to lore-wise. Demacian Justice would actually be High 6-B due to it being an attack summoned directly from Kayle as confirmed by the LoL devs.

Also the Villain mechanic is being removed entirely

Everything else is a big no, we will not ignore in-game abilites for no good reason

Yes Kyle magic but it magic right? so that mean when people call garen anti magic user and No magic can never harm him in the lore if that still a magic but Just because basic Demacian Steel armor? Really? he not anti magic user at all in the lore just redued magic damage only

and about saber vs garen = Saber win 100% from this base on everything she fight before as anime character for a lot of episode when garen meh... not fight a lot of things like saber did

about speed Massively Hypersonic (Comparable in speed to her Prototype self. Can keep up with Gilgamesh, Lancer, and Rider. Could dodge any of Archers arrows, and fought with Diarmuid at speeds Irisviel couldn't comprehend). (Classic garen No way)

Garen's magic null only works up to 7-C, not High 6-B, the same level of magic was able to bypass Jarvan's magic nulling armor as well when Sylas used Morgana's magic to incap him. And yes, its anti-magic, magic users on his level flat out state that their magic fizzles out completely against Demacian Steel.

Why are we talking about Saber...?

(Everything else is a big no, we will not ignore in-game abilites for no good reason)

That why Vs Battle is base on Gameplay with lore. almost of game characters but some characters can use Gameplay as a feat if No lore or Comic Invole in that game much

But If Garen had that Comic that mean something....about Kyle Power to garen is just reference for the gameplay and just remind u that garen is from demacia represent Justice like kyle

the LoL devs never said that he can use Kyle Power in the lore right? just referance in gameplay

No LoL characters use gameplay feats

Yes, they said that he can use Kayle's power in the lore, just that he doesnt do so in-character due to being extremely against magic.

Why saber? yes because Garen not on that anime character level yet due to lack of feat not like anime character had. (I saw that debate before and No one Know a winner yet)

Garen isnt that strong in the lore but speed yes he out speed mage in the lore

but tier should be only 9 - A Classic Garen can destroy small Building (I am sure) but the building and small town due to Damaian Justice isnt right because he never use it in the lore except god king did

Inspiring Cry and Battle Heal only apply to the Crusader and his party so unless Garen specifically has the ability to nullify things that aren't directly effecting him then I'd say it doesn't matter much, as Zealous Accusation isn't Crusader's primary attack and is typically used as an AoE for multiple targets, not 1v1s.

Bulwark of Faith increases Crusader's defense to compensate for Garen's slight AP advantage and Stunning Blow allows him to stun Garen for lethal strikes or to recuperate.

It's a toss-up, but I feel the Crusader wins 6/10 off the basis that his PROT lasts throughout the entire fight compared to the few seconds Garen gets from Courage. Stunning Blow helps keep Garen in the fight and gives Crusader time to heal or lets him keep the aggression so Garen's Perseverance won't kick in.

Sure, Garen can silence with DS, but it will only impact abilities that won't matter for that short time period.

"Garen's magic null only works up to 7-C, not High 6-B, the same level of magic was able to bypass Jarvan's magic nulling armor as well when Sylas used Morgana's magic to incap him. And yes, its anti-magic, magic users on his level flat out state that their magic fizzles out completely against Demacian Steel." I agree with this 100% make more sense for the comic feat

if not for gameplay nonsense skill that not exist in the lore and someone keep deny about that it not gameplay. think about it Crusader save the world from boss in the game lore but what garen did? He never fight a boss level in the lore even in riot comic even sylas cant destroy the world like boss level in the lore DD.To Be Honest i play League and main garen 1 million mastery point in NA but i cant let garen win this...because he never do that silly stuff gameplay in the lore (Crusader is real winner)

Back