• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warriors of Heaven and Hell: The Most Skilled on the Wiki!

Naofumi and his goofy ass hax shield.

No skill.
Oh, it seems you haven't read the novel. let me enlighten you :devilish:

Naofumi Iwatani:

Analytical Prediction:​

1) Takt, the main villain of volume 16, won a country sponsored martial arts tournament before ever even becoming a hero. However; according to Naofumi, his attacks and feints were so predictable to him that Naofumi practically yawned while fighting. And before any of you asked, he was just defending, no skills or anything were used.

2) Naofumi can keep up with Atla (Who needs a profile, I'll make that happen), Itsuki, Ren, Raphtalia, and even Rishia in sparring. Go to what I said before about Rishia for that stuff on her. Keep in mind these people have the same Prediction abilities as him if not better and can ignore his shield's defenses with DRA's (Durability negation) if he doesn't counter or parry them every single time they're used, in which case, he actually manages to do that a lot of the time.

Shield Techniques:​

-Naofumi is adept at parrying, reflecting, and deflecting projectiles by bouncing them off of his shield at a certain angle. He's even been shown to use the projectiles themselves to break the weapons of his enemies. So basically, he bounces an attack back at someone precisely enough that it hits their weapon and breaks it. And this applies to arrows and other physical projectiles as well as magic.

There's more but im slepy.

Captain America actually has a list of some pretty good shield feats on his profile.

Not gonna argue for his spot because I don't know the character, just pointing that out if anyone wants to tackle his placement.
Those are all ranged feats though, I was talking about in close range. Cap using his shield as a projectile is impressive and all, I just don't know if you can use ranged skill feats to say he's the best with a close range weapon.
and Xu Jingming hardly even has any listed shield feats for the category.

So... yeah, Naofumi ftw kek.

Prolly tomorrow or later tonight. Do you want me to put him in pending or do you wanna aim straight for the 1st Modern Martial Arts spot?
Put him in the 1st Modern Martial Arts spot. No one else is there (also people need to put more respect on H2H fighters).

Put him in the 1st Modern Martial Arts spot. No one else is there (also people need to put more respect on H2H fighters).
A couple H2H fighters have been submitted, I just haven't noticed them I think.

This thread is overwhelming to deal with sometimes. I'll add Austin to the 1st spot.

.... why are we using WWE characters here???? That shit is literally scripted, not sure how that's legitimate.
Maybe, just maybe, WWE was already approved months ago by staff?

Because they have wiki profiles and have been accepted to be legitimate, perhaps.
Perhaps. Who knows, maybe all those months ago when staff gave the okay on making the profiles was just a lie.

M5qG37m.jpg

Maybe, just maybe, WWE was already approved months ago by staff?

Perhaps. Who knows, maybe all those months ago when staff gave the okay on making the profiles was just a lie.

M5qG37m.jpg
💀 so like do you know how to read correctly or are you naturally just childishly defensive? Because my comment was pretty clear that I meant why they'd be on this list, not them being allowed on the wiki.

💀 so like do you know how to read correctly or are you naturally just childishly defensive? Because my comment was pretty clear that I meant why they'd be on this list, not them being allowed on the wiki.
Nah that's just me being petty. I wasn't being defensive or anything. Sometimes, I just make stupid ass replies just because lol.

Plus, if the feats "weren't legitimate" like you said, then there's literally no point in having this verse exist in the wiki, since virtually everything about the verse is Martial Arts lmao.

Homeboy you could've just replied to both me and Random in the same comment if you were gonna insult my reading comprehension lmfao.

It follows the premise that these are not "scripted fights" and instead "fictional settings", I believe. For example, instead of nearly naked men fighting, it's the characters in the story that are nearly naked. Like a movie. So John Cena, while still the real person, is still a character within the canon of WWE.

It being "scripted", to my knowledge, has been debunked countless times. If not, it wouldn't be on the wiki.

Isn't the "Scripted" element of WWE the reason it was allowed for profiles?

The script is the canon of the show, right? It's obviously scripted when compared to IRL, but what the wrestlers do within that script should be canon to whatever story they're telling.

Sorta like how Sword fights within plays and other stage performances are "scripted", yet the actions performed are canon within the universe itself.

At least that's how I thought it worked.

It can be scripted and still be allowed on the wiki, after all fiction itself is scripted in of itself.

Again, I'm saying is how does a scripted fight allow one to make it onto the list? I mean at this point might as well say **** it and make Steven Seagal number 1 for that category for his bullshit Aikido.

It can be scripted and still be allowed on the wiki, after all fiction itself is scripted in of itself.

Again, I'm saying is how does a scripted fight allow one to make it onto the list?
Read.

Dismissing the fights as merely "scripted" is akin to dismissing feats performed within a movie as "scripted". We consider the wrestlers to be akin to that, they have a canon, and WWE wrestling is a show. It being scripted is irrelevant as all form of fiction is scripted.

Okay can we stop talking about WWE?

I'm happy to see it get attention, but this thread is about the most skilled in the wiki, not whether or not WWE wrestlers should be taken as legit Martial Artists.

I am, the one who's failing to grasp the context here is you.
Dismissing the fights as merely "scripted" is akin to dismissing feats performed within a movie as "scripted". We consider the wrestlers to be akin to that, they have a canon, and WWE wrestling is a show. It being scripted is irrelevant as all form of fiction is scripted.
That's nice, what I'm saying is how does staged fights full of well, poorly executed moves (something any MMA fighter or anyone with real martial arts experience professionally would point out.).

Give me a few minutes and I'll go more into depth about it. Perhaps I'm not explaining it correctly, at least to the point where you'd understand. 🗿

That's nice, what I'm saying is how does staged fights full of well, poorly executed moves (something any MMA fighter or anyone with real martial arts experience professionally would point out.).
No, that's not what you were saying, it was akin to what you were saying but you've changed it up now. Before you were confused as to why WWE was legitimate in terms of skill, and now that you know they are legitimate feats and will be taken as literal, you want to know why the feats are impressive.

I perfectly understand what you are saying. Argue with @RandomGuy2345 about it.

Give me a few minutes and I'll go more into depth about it. Perhaps I'm not explaining it correctly, at least to the point where you'd understand. 🗿
If you have such an issue with WWE being taken as legit, then make a thread about it instead of clogging up this thread.

Don't forget to contact staff as well.

I also honestly don't even know what your trying to say here because this isn't a compete sentence. How do they what?

I also honestly don't even know what your trying to say here because this isn't a compete sentence. How do they what?
He's basically saying how sometimes WWE characters poorly execute their moves.

It's referred to as a botch.

However, those instances should not be taken seriously, as those are legit mistakes done by the actors, not something that was supposed to happen in canon.

WWE fighters do a lot of cool looking techniques but in terms of efficiency and skill they're not the best. Any real fighter with the same size would stomp them in a real fight.

WWE fighters do a lot of cool looking techniques but in terms of efficiency and skill they're not the best. Any real fighter with the same size would stomp them in a real fight.
Feel free to argue this with Random and other supporters(should they come), then. You can decide amongst yourselves whether or not I remove Theory from his spot.

Key word being "real fight."

All of those skill feats that are in the WWE verse should be taken as legit.

Even then, there are actually legitimate fighters in the WWE that can whoop your ass.

No, that's not what you were saying, it was akin to what you were saying but you've changed it up now. Before you were confused as to why WWE was legitimate in terms of skill, and now that you know they are legitimate feats and will be taken as literal, you want to know why the feats are impressive.
Bruv how the **** are you gonna sit here and tell me that I don't know what I was trying to vocalize? You can take several seats there bud. My comment was to how they'd be legitimate for this list, not if the feats themselves or if the verse was legitimate. That's some shit that you came to a conclusion to by yourself.

Hence why I said "why are we using WWE profiles here?" rather than "why do we allow WWE profiles on the wiki.". So yet again, you either have a poor reading comprehension or your intentionally acting arrogant and smug for no reason whatsoever.

Take that ******* pebble out your shoe Ed boy.
He's basically saying how sometimes WWE characters poorly execute their moves.

It's referred to as a botch.

However, those instances should not be taken seriously, as those are legit mistakes done by the actors, not something that was supposed to happen in canon.
^

See this is what I meant, at least Random has the common curiosity to address the point I was making, and FYI that was a complete sentence. We're on the subject of skill, real martial artist shit talk the moves used in WWE all the time.

But if what random said is true you can forget that part of the argument.
Basically what I'm saying, not sure what's so hard to understand about that. 💀

Anyways, I'd really like to move on from this. I don't want to clog this thread up talking about this.

@LordGinSama if you got a issue with the WWE verse, then make a thread about it.
Never said I have an issue with the verse, I just disagree with them being on this list. You guys can stop trying to intentionally twist my words and intentions here.

Bruv how the **** are you gonna sit here and tell me that I don't know what I was trying to vocalize? You can take several seats there bud. My comment was to how they'd be legitimate for this list, not if the feats themselves or if the verse was legitimate. That's some shit that you came to a conclusion to by yourself.

Hence why I said "why are we using WWE profiles here?" rather than "why do we allow WWE profiles on the wiki.". So yet again, you either have a poor reading comprehension or your intentionally acting arrogant and smug for no reason whatsoever.

Take that ******* pebble out your shoe Ed boy.
Do we have a problem or something? If I misinterpreted what you were trying to say then say so, no need to get all aggro.

Do we have a problem or something? If I misinterpreted what you were trying to say then say so, no need to get all aggro.
I've told you more than once what my point was, I only got aggro after you attempted to twist what I was saying and that's as clear as daylight.

Really no need to comment shit like "No that's not what u were trying to say." as if you think for me.

See this is what I meant, at least Random has the common curiosity to address the point I was making, and FYI that was a complete sentence. We're on the subject of skill, real martial artist shit talk the moves used in WWE all the time.

But if what random said is true you can forget that part of the argument.
Yes. Botches in WWE should not be taken as legit unless if it's used in a storyline for the verse.

For example, there was a wrestler named Billy Kidman who legitimately gave a wrestler a concussion by hitting a Shooting Star Press. The WWE used that legit injury for a storyline to turn Billy Kidman to a bad guy. That's when a botch in the WWE can be taken seriously.

Never said I have an issue with the verse, I just disagree with them being on this list. You guys can stop trying to intentionally twist my words and intentions here.
It makes no sense to remove them from the list though. Saying the feats aren't legit isn't a good argument, and saying the wrestlers don't always execute their moves well is an example of a botch, which I just explained already, so I don't really need to summarize.

Key word being "real fight."

All of those skill feats that are in the WWE verse should be taken as legit.

Even then, there are actually legitimate fighters in the WWE that can whoop your ass.
All I'm saying is that, if you put a WWE fighter against someone like Prime Mike Tyson... (Stats equalized)

I don't even think my words can do justice for how badly Tyson would absolutely dominate any of them. It would be a negative-difficulty fight that ended in one round. One punch, even.

I've told you more than once what my point was, I only got aggro after you attempted to twist what I was saying and that's as clear as daylight.

Really no need to comment shit like "No that's not what u were trying to say." as if you think for me.
Then yeah I just misinterpreted the point, and yeah, I don't have the best reading comprehension out there. So sorry if that pissed you off for whatever reason.

And that's just how I talk. I'm not really sorry that me speaking as I normally would pisses you off, but whateves, I've got no beef with you anyway.

💀 your first feat literally uses bodybuilding as a form of skill whenever that isn't even a combat skill feat such as striking.

Then yeah I just misinterpreted the point, and yeah, I don't have the best reading comprehension out there. So sorry if that pissed you off for whatever reason.

And that's just how I talk. I'm not really sorry that me speaking as I normally would pisses you off, but whateves, I've got no beef with you anyway.
It's gucci home slice.

All I'm saying is that, if you put a WWE fighter against someone like Prime Mike Tyson... (Stats equalized)

I don't even think my words can do justice for how badly Tyson would absolutely dominate any of them. It would be a negative-difficulty fight that ended in one round. One punch, even.
Again, that logic shouldn't be applied.

Of ******* course that would happen. There's only a few wrestlers that can stand a chance against Prime Mike Tyson in a real fight.

But the thing is that we can't use that kind of logic in this scenario. That'd be stupid. It shouldn't be applied.

All the skill feats shown for Austin Theory should be taken as legit, and he shouldn't be taken off the list because "Oh, if he were to get in a real life fight with Prime Mike Tyson, he'd get his ass whooped."

Why don't y'all have the same energy for Live Action Movies or TV? Y'all only have this energy for WWE.

Back