• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Establishing combat skill requirements

We are not going to remove the skill explanations from Intelligence sections. I just think that we should stick with our standard intelligence ratings for different types of areas of intelligence. 🙏

I do not think that we should overcomplicate this issue, but Genius combat skill should start close to the real world human maximum, Extraordinary Genius should start considerably beyond it, and Supergenius should mean literally infinite combat processing ability.

However, I definitely agree about that this should not be an excuse to not properly explain combat skill feats. 🙏
Okay. It seems like my idea was bad then. What solution/approach do you think that we should apply here? Some instructions in our Intelligence page to avoid setting definitive intelligence tiers to fighting skill seem appropriate at the very least. 🙏
I do not think that we have more than at most 100 combat intelligence ratings at the moment, so if we are going to disallow using them, we need to clearly define this before the problem in question turns worse. 🙏
But we do need to either not allow combat intelligence ratings, or set up some kind of, possibly vague, official guidelines for them. We cannot just allow our members to randomly set whatever ratings they want in this regard. 🙏
We do not have any guidelines for combat intelligence, and we have few edit-patrollers in our staff, who already have more than enough work as it is, especially if we do not know how to properly correct these ratings. 🙏
Well, we need some clear solution here, preferably one that fits with our current naming system. The section is called intelligence after all, not skill. 🙏
We are not going to remove the skill explanations from Intelligence sections. I just think that we should stick with our standard intelligence ratings for different types of areas of intelligence. 🙏
@DontTalkDT @Armorchompy @Mr. Bambu @IdiosyncraticLawyer @Lonkitt @Dalesean027

What do you think that we should do here? 🙏

I just don't think giving intelligence (as in, gifted genius etc) ratings works for skill when the great majority of characters in combat-based fiction pull off superhuman feats. A lot of relatively mundane people (Like i dunno, John Wick) would be Extraordinary Genius and that feels weird

Back