• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warriors of Heaven and Hell: The Most Skilled on the Wiki!

B066A21CEDFE866DDAB00E51CAE7AB6857C7084E

Doesn't Kouki used a spell or something for that
Nope, he just for his desire to continue to fight while at the verge of death had one of those enlightenment moments and learned how to manipulate internally his energy in a way that let him continue to fight despite his injuries, the thing is classified as a skill in status plates but like a lot of things are classfied as skills in status plates (like for example a normal girl who naturally learned to climb, she got good with it and at some point the status plate just showed that as one of her skills, she didn't had any type of supernatural help, bonus or anything like that after be registered as a skill in her status plate btw, the creator of status plates itself said how they just show the strong or special points of someone to give a objetive view of their capabilities, there is no supernatural system like in various verses that give bonus or have any special effect).

I could probably nominate Hei from Darker Than Black but I honestly have no idea what category he'd really fall into.

So you want to blatantly ignore the circumstances of how he learned War Demon, and how he learned it just to continue fighting while in the verge of death unconscious for days.
It's still a skill, and skills in Arifureta are blatantly supernatural. Even the description itself says it uses magic power.
And, quite honestly, I think I'm being very reasonable when saying that, since I applied it to the character I suggested as well;

Like, I didn't even use Hengen Muso feats for Rishia and by extension Naofumi; and those are martial arts techniques that just involve supernatural energy. Rishia has a feat of dodging danmaku from someone who blitzes her via Hengen Muso precog (Which is really just analytical prediction via reading someone's life-force to predict their actions). The danmaku being expansive enough that a room full of people (Like 8 or something+) comparable to her (Scratch that, she's the slowest and weakest in the room, actually) and skilled in their own right, couldn't dodge it even when it was spread out; and she could dodge it while it was all focused on her.

Hengen Muso style itself as a discipline is built to shut down strength and speed advantages and can allow level 100 non-heroes to fight level 350 heroes, and is the only way a normal person could ever fight a hero in-canon (At least without Sakura Stones which are actually capable of negating skill entirely funny enough )
And Hengen Muso doesn't at all involve the use of Magic Power, unlike War Demon; but Life-Force energy, which via verse equalization everyone alive should have.

Last edited:
It's still a skill. And skills in Arifureta are blatantly supernatural. Even the description itself says it uses magic power.
And, quite honestly, I think I'm being very reasonable when saying that, since I applied it to the character I suggested as well;

Like, I didn't even use Hengen Muso feats for Rishia and by extension Naofumi; and those are martial arts techniques that just involve supernatural energy. Rishia has a feat of dodging danmaku from someone who blitzes her via Hengen Muso precog (Which is really just analytical prediction via reading someone's life-force to predict their actions). The danmaku being expansive enough that a room full of people comparable to her and skilled in their own right (Like 8 or something+) couldn't dodge it even when it was spread out and she could dodge it while it was all focused on her.

Hengen Muso style itself as a discipline is built to shut down strength and speed advantages and can allow level 100 non-heroes to fight level 350 heroes, and is the only way a normal person could ever fight a hero in-canon (At least without Sakura Stones which are actually capable of negating skill entirely funny enough )
And Hengen Muso doesn't at all involve the use of Magic Power, unlike War Demon; but Life-Force energy, which via verse equalization everyone alive should have.
You are really confused about Arifureta, Arifureta don't have a system like Tsuki Ga or Shield Hero, the status plates (the thing that show the game like screen with stats and skills) is literally just an artifact that analyze the strong and special points of someone along with their physical and magical abilities to give an objetive view of the user strength, this is directly confirmed in Arifureta Zero vol 6 by Oscar who created the status plates (he created them so people didn't just blindly go to the labyrinth to die), is because of this that you can't for example gain stats by killing (like in most verses with systems) and instead they only increase if you train, is because of this that even things as mundane as climb can be registered as a skill if the person is really goot at it (hell even biological abilities are classified as skills), there is no supernatural bonus or effect like in the verse that you mentioned as example.

Everyone in Tortus (the world to which Kouki class was summoned) have magic (it have been compared even with life force), every habitant of a world have a type of unique energy (though in some cases, like in Earth, most people don't know how to control it). Just because a character use a type or energy don't mean that something isn't a skill feat (in that case most of the people in the list would be out), it just depend how is used that energy and for what (like analyze the life energy of the opponent to predict his next move is something valid, but use your energy to do an attack that hit through space and time is invalid).

Futhermore in Kouki case is used to argue skill because he still feel the pain of the injuries, bleed and get wounded normally, hell even if War Demon let him continue to fight with grave injuries he can still die if really end too damaged, that's the reason of why he was unconscious and in the verge of death when his allies finded him days later of continuously fight (they literally needed to use the best healers of their kingdom to save his life), it's a completely valid skill feat all the scene.

Hengen Muso style itself as a discipline is built to shut down strength and speed advantages and can allow level 100 non-heroes to fight level 350 heroes
And to let you know exactly how big of a difference this is: It's at least a five times difference in all stats scaling-wise, and that's assuming they even have the same growth-rate, which isn't the case. That's not factoring in additional power-up methods, growth adjustments, and dragon vein scaling which can more than double growth rates, so we're potentially looking at a more than 10 times stat difference in all areas, and even that's a lowball cause:
There are 12 PU methods heroes are capable of and a difference of two is comparable to a 3x multiplier. Normal humans have no PU methods.

So... pretty good prediction that I didn't bring up.

You are really confused about Arifureta, Arifureta don't have a system like Tsuki Ga or Shield Hero, the status plates (the thing that show the game like screen with stats and skills) is literally just an artifact that analyze the strong and special points of someone along with their physical and magical abilities to give an objetive view of the user strength, this is directly confirmed in Arifureta Zero vol 6 by Oscar who created the status plates (he created them so people didn't just blindly go to the labyrinth to die),
Sounds dubious considering the screenshots are directly referencing his "specs" being increased by limit break which War Demon is a derivative of.

Regardless of lore of the verse which may say one thing, I think most people would agree that using magic power in your body to reinforce your body to continue fighting is not skill.

Sounds dubious considering the screenshots are directly referencing his "specs" being increased by limit break which War Demon is a derivative of.

Regardless of lore of the verse which may say one thing, I think most people would agree that using magic power in your body to reinforce your body to continue fighting is not skill.
That's just a normal physical amp like in any verse with a energy system.

Is skill because he still have to endure the pain and the injuries while fighting (it just that let him bear the wounds better), additionally the point about skill in that scene was more so how even with his injuries and blood loss he could still fight unconscious for days.

No, it's not. Nothing you've mentioned about War Demon equates to combat skill, only that it lets Kouki fight through copious amounts of pain and injury and makes him stronger. Fighting through injury is not in of itself a skill feat.

No, it's not. Nothing you've mentioned about War Demon equates to combat skill, only that it lets Kouki fight through copious amounts of pain and injury and makes him stronger. Fighting through injury is not in of itself a skill feat.
Fighting against a big number of enemies, while having a big hole on you (along various other grave injuries), while anemic and unconscious it is a skill feat though, and that is what Kouki did in that scene.

Fighting while having a big hole on you (along various other grave injuries), while anemic and unconscious it is a skill feat though, and that is what Kouki did in that scene.
No, its not lol. It's a stamina and an endurance feat 100%, a damn good one at that, but fighting while injured isn't skill, it's endurance.

No, its not lol. It's a stamina and an endurance feat 100%, a damn good one at that, but fighting while injured isn't skill, it's endurance.
It can be both, in this case is both, but anyways can go more in depth about all the things that happened in that scene with my big post later.

Nominating Claude von Riegan for bows. Man's a ******' showoff even compared to some of the more obvious picks like Hawkeye or Green Arrow.

(I'm not counting Fallen Star making him guaranteed to dodge the next attack since that's something he only gets from Failnaught and is just an ability separate from his skill)

That's still inferior to Thousand-Image Defense. Thousand-Image Defense does exactly the same thing, forming an exact copy of Kojiro's opponent in his mind that allows him to evolve endlessly in response to his opponent, with such potency that in an instant he was able to match an opponent that in his mental simulations had killed him over 18 times. If in a moment Kojiro is somehow not as skilled as Ikki, he will be in a few moments, because that's how fast he evolves. Kojiro can also repeat this at least thousands of times in an instant.

This is also the same Kojiro who has over 400 years of fighting experience using the Thousand-Image Defense, with such an ability allowing him to access far, far more experience than he would normally be able to grasp from simply training for 400 years.
Kind of untrue, TID was never as good, because Kojiro did get caught by surprise a few times by Poseidon moving faster, the same cannot be said about ikki.

Also "because of how fast Kojiro evolves", you don't wanna play that game vs Ikki. He as evolving at "several decades every instant", and not a hyperbole btw cus he actually reached the peak of his fate in seconds (the maximum potential he was ever allowed to reach in his lifetime).

Grasping the identity of someone, as previously stated, means nothing in terms of combat skill. Everything else that is stated in this scan is something that Kojiro can already do on his own. To create a perfect copy of his opponent he'd already have to analyze things such as clothes, skin, muscles, and the fundamentals of their technique for the Thousand-Image Defense to be any good.
It means everything in terms of information analysis and prediction, as he knows not only what their moves could be but also their strategies, thoughts etc. It's part of what makes Perfect Vision impossible to break out of.

Analysing his opponent is already something Ikki can do that same level so this ain't it.
In fact, Kojiro's ability to analyze is so good and so vivid, that simply from entering the room, a blind man was able to visualize every single opponent that Kojiro had fought and trained against in his mind, with his mind being assaulted with a vivid image of countless swordsman. This was when Kojiro was alive, and complete fodder in comparison to himself ascended to Valhalla.
That had nothing to do with Kojiro's skill lol, that was just the old man touching the scratch and realizing the kind of training he had done. And his mind wasn't assaulted come on, he just saw the students.
Kojiro can quite literally also learn the exact moves of the opponent, so Ikki being able to see the "true movements" or the "thoughts and feelings" of the opponent is irrelevant. Being able to visualize thoughts and feelings is fair. Being able to visualize "actions and possible moves" means nothing as we both know Kojiro can do that, you really just repeated yourself for no real reason.
Kojiro didn't learn Poseidon's moves there, the "i know this" was refering to the fact that "i know he will use this move", he had already gone through the fight so he knows what move poseidon would do and how to dodge it. Not he copied poseidon's attacks.
Being able to counter random Carpet bombing does not mean that the opponent was unpredictable. It just meant they were throwing out attacks without really thinking about it, which anybody can do, it doesn't make their attacks unpredictable or unreadable because their being a schizophrenic and throwing out random attacks. It's a non-feat.
"conceptually stealth-ed" carpet bombing btw. He knew exactly where and when each arrow would hit.
Meanwhile, Kojiro is capable of countering a dome of thousands of attacks from an opponent that had superior analytical prediction to his and who was both capable of blitzing Kojiro several, several times over, and he still countered it and evolved against it.
The "blitzing" is very overstated here as literally that pannel there shows kojiro not expecting an attack from Poseidon and STILL dodging, meaning he reacted to it. There's a few situations where this happens. Moreover even the profiles do have these guys scaling to one another for a reason. If you're still gonna bring up the blitz im gonna have to hit you with the Ikki vs 4 clones of himself all 48 x all stats. A feat which we disregarded in a separate thread because it would run into the issue of "someone that much faster would barely see you even moving, so there's no strategy to it". Anyway don't bring this up.
Kojiro's main strength is not his ability to copy techniques, so this is not really relevant.
So you admit that Ikki in general > Kojiro, but now are trying to compare just Perfect Vision and TID? Cus Ikki has WAY WAY more than perfect vision, his copying, his senses, analysis, attack reflection, energy manipulation, body control, trackless step on both 1 and whole crowds, and some random ass feats he has which i don't even know how to call, echolocation, breaking trackless step, beating the probability hax, finding the controller of puppets through....pattern waves (weird shit) etc.

Last edited:
Pls, does anyone here have a scan of Ikki defeating a perfect clone of himself?
Nobody wants to deal with it again. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...h_they're_in_Ittou_Shura_whilst_he_is_in_base
but here, don't think too hard about it though, as our site doesn't accept beating people in a melee fight with that kind of difference in speed (as it would just scale, but they can't scale cus they're literally him but in ittou shura), so it's just kind of in a vacuum, that's why i always bring it up as a joke as "don't make me bring it up".

A strategy ranking would be pretty sick. Social influencing too, maybe? I'd have some cool suggestions for that one. I don't wanna push OP to stuff he doesn't wanna do though lol.

Speaking of which, here's another entry, for Modern Martial Artists. I highly doubt she's in the wiki's top 5, but until more are suggested I think she'll fit in fine since she has some cool feats.

Natsuo Ishidou
Speaking of which, Yuzuko Mawatari is a canonically much more skilled fighter than Natsuo and ends up beating her despite a significant range and strength disadvantage. It's notable that she's actually far from gifted in MMA, her current skill level has been reached through maddening amounts of training, not actual talent, I'm not sure how that'd affect this but, it's a thing. Yuzuko doesn't have many actual feats beyond stomping people left and right given she's not the protagonist, but she is better than Natsuo, dunno which one you'd prefer putting in the list.

Alright I talked about BS characters buuuut Imma be one of those people
I recalled another BS feat from a novel I'm reading.

Basically, dude got all his senses nullified, and yet somehow moves his body (just willpower and common novel shittery), and he has awakened a power that, for a brief moment, lets him sense the willpower in the mana of his opponents attack and it disappears for a short moment.

The dude he fought against was much stronger and faster than him that a single hit stated to be able to kill him. Despite that, he has managed to defeat him.

How skilled would this exactly be?

Last edited:
Kind of untrue, TID was never as good, because Kojiro did get caught by surprise a few times by Poseidon moving faster, the same cannot be said about ikki.

Also "because of how fast Kojiro evolves", you don't wanna play that game vs Ikki. He as evolving at "several decades every instant", and not a hyperbole btw cus he actually reached the peak of his fate in seconds (the maximum potential he was ever allowed to reach in his lifetime).

It means everything in terms of information analysis and prediction, as he knows not only what their moves could be but also their strategies, thoughts etc. It's part of what makes Perfect Vision impossible to break out of.

Analysing his opponent is already something Ikki can do that same level so this ain't it.

That had nothing to do with Kojiro's skill lol, that was just the old man touching the scratch and realizing the kind of training he had done. And his mind wasn't assaulted come on, he just saw the students.

Kojiro didn't learn Poseidon's moves there, the "i know this" was refering to the fact that "i know he will use this move", he had already gone through the fight so he knows what move poseidon would do and how to dodge it. Not he copied poseidon's attacks.

"conceptually stealth-ed" carpet bombing btw. He knew exactly where and when each arrow would hit.

The "blitzing" is very overstated here as literally that pannel there shows kojiro not expecting an attack from Poseidon and STILL dodging, meaning he reacted to it. There's a few situations where this happens. Moreover even the profiles do have these guys scaling to one another for a reason. If you're still gonna bring up the blitz im gonna have to hit you with the Ikki vs 4 clones of himself all 48 x all stats. A feat which we disregarded in a separate thread because it would run into the issue of "someone that much faster would barely see you even moving, so there's no strategy to it". Anyway don't bring this up.

So you admit that Ikki in general > Kojiro, but now are trying to compare just Perfect Vision and TID? Cus Ikki has WAY WAY more than perfect vision, his copying, his senses, analysis, attack reflection, energy manipulation, body control, trackless step on both 1 and whole crowds, and some random ass feats he has which i don't even know how to call, echolocation, breaking trackless step, beating the probability hax, finding the controller of puppets through....pattern waves (weird shit) etc.
Just woke up to this. Will respond to it when I have the energy cause there's a lot wrong with this tbh.

A strategy ranking would be pretty sick. Social influencing too, maybe? I'd have some cool suggestions for that one. I don't wanna push OP to stuff he doesn't wanna do though lol.

Speaking of which, here's another entry, for Modern Martial Artists. I highly doubt she's in the wiki's top 5, but until more are suggested I think she'll fit in fine since she has some cool feats.

Natsuo Ishidou
Speaking of which, Yuzuko Mawatari is a canonically much more skilled fighter than Natsuo and ends up beating her despite a significant range and strength disadvantage. It's notable that she's actually far from gifted in MMA, her current skill level has been reached through maddening amounts of training, not actual talent, I'm not sure how that'd affect this but, it's a thing. Yuzuko doesn't have many actual feats beyond stomping people left and right given she's not the protagonist, but she is better than Natsuo, dunno which one you'd prefer putting in the list.
I'll also get to this stuff when I have the energy/get out of school. Should prolly put both of em' in pending but eh.

And if you guys want a strategy ranking I guess I can add it in.

Back