• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warning!!!! Your accounts are being taken over by hackers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jesus this thing surprised and scared me

fd17d71e-0cf2-450e-9f4f-057a956a5f21

How are they getting into peoples accounts is my question.
This didn't start with people clicking on a prior telegram link. It just started out of nowhere.

Not going to lie Ant, I think you used a few too many !!!!!!

Like, I think if the message needs to be conveyed to the community, the ALL CAPS are sufficient. The !s are just sorta screaming "panICK" and not really exuding any professionalism.
It may kinda need to do so if my prior message is proven for the worst.

There was one user who slipped and I though the Spam Clean button was chosen but it was apparently approved, but it appears quite a few users clicked that link and ended up hacked by that troll in question. But anyway, we'll just keep watch for any phishing posts like that and ban away and nuke posts. The URL in question was added to out censorship list.

Yes, and there is also a chance that they are brute force hacking accounts via artificial intelligence running combinations and cracking weak passwords without two-factor authorisations.

Again:
Also, everybody please make sure that you have sufficiently strong passwords that use a mixture of letters, numbers, and symbols, and use at least 17 of them in combination, and preferably also use two-factor authorisation if possible.

I should probably mention this, but these spam posts are consistently familiar to various spams I tend to see on a lot of YouTube channels. That have "Inbox/Text me on Telegram/Twitter" before the username of the YouTube channel(s) in question. It might be the same organization.

Thankfully, YouTube seems to be set up to automatically delete comments containing URLs these days, but it is still all too suspicious.

I should probably mention this, but these spam posts are consistently familiar to various spams I tend to see on a lot of YouTube channels. That have "Inbox/Text me on Telegram/Twitter" before the username of the YouTube channel(s) in question. It might be the same organization.

Thankfully, YouTube seems to be set up to automatically delete comments containing URLs these days, but it is still all too suspicious.
I've seen lots of bots commenting about Bitcoin on almost all channels, specially in the ones which are news based, such as Euronews, CNN, etc

giving out misinformation is kinda bad... As we don't even know (I think) how the accounts got hacked

all you can do is to not click the hacked accounts links and if you're worried that you might be hacked then try secure your own account in any way you can which ant has listed above or speak out that you might have been hacked or not

just try to be patient/calm and if you see anything suspicious then just report it 🐵👍

giving out misinformation is kinda bad... As we don't even know (I think) how the accounts got hacked

all you can do is to not click the hacked accounts links and if you're worried that you might be hacked then try secure your own account in any way you can which ant has listed above or speak out that you might have been hacked or not

just try to be patient/calm and if you see anything suspicious then just report it 🐵👍
Based comment

wow monkey proved his monkey intelligence yet again 🐵👍

Hi, my main account is Mugen_no_Setsuna. Yesterday i was watching Date A Live for whole day so i didn't online at all, nor click any suspicious link. Apparently my account was hacked but the hacker somehow didn't change my password. Much appreciated if someone can unban my account so that i can change my password.
I will lift the ban, and then if I know your account is safe, I will ban the new account to be consistent with the single account.

United we stand or divided we fall, for as we are the last bastion of hope in our darkened times. Don't lose hope yet brave soldiers, we will fight against the scam bot menace to teeth and nail, until dust settles, until freedom is regained!!!!!.
We give our Hearts!!

titan-salute2-scaled.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back