• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warning!!!! Your accounts are being taken over by hackers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have updated the first post of this thread and its associated public warning popup message to reflect the new available information, and apologise if I was too alarmist in the beginning before I knew for certain what was going on. I wanted to do everything I can to prevent further accounts in this forum from being hacked.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔

I have change my password and i also add a two-step verification (but i will probably change it back when things return back to normal).
There is always a greater risk without a long password. Perhaps you could simply make your original password sufficiently longer instead by adding some letters and numbers at the end for example?
My password uses words numbers and symbols. Should that be enough?
It depends on how long it is.

See here for specific information:

Last edited:
Thank you. You only need to change your password if it is weak.

Interesting.

Also, I'm curious, does this forum have some sort of limit when it comes to login fails?

Also, I'm curious, does this forum have some sort of limit when it comes to login fails?
Here is his reply:

"Usually if you keep failing to provide correct login, it will consider a non authorized login going on, and block you for some time.

Ask him to try again some other time, and he can always reset password, and if that also fail, he can ask us and we can set new password."

Thank you. You only need to change your password if it is weak.

According to this I already had a password that would take years to brute force, however since the current situation is happening and have a strong password is always something good, I changed it to be as strong possible.

Also in light of this sort of dangers shouldn't be made a requirement to all staff member that they have an at least 18 combination password?

Please unban me too - oh looks like I have been banned for vandalism while I do absolutely nothing violating any Fandom rules IIRC so likely someone brute hacked into my account and... Gosh.

Yeah I am changing my Fandom password.

(Gosh Fandom is putting a ban on me for "spamming" (which I do not) from 10:25, 28 November 2022 to 10:25, 28 February 2023, meaning I cannot even create or comment on calc blogs, meaning I cannot even work within my function when I am slightly more idle from work.)

Last edited:
According to this I already had a password that would take years to brute force, however since the current situation is happening and have a strong password is always something good, I changed it to be as strong possible.

Also in light of this sort of dangers shouldn't be made a requirement to all staff member that they have an at least 18 combination password?
I cannot force them to do so, or automatically quality control them in some manner, but it would be extremely appreciated if they all take safeguard measures if necessary.

Again, they can just make their existing passwords longer if they wish to keep things simpler.

Is activating two step verification safe enough? I don't want to change my password.
Probably. But it doesn't hurt to be extra careful.
Agreed. Please check the link below for more specific information.

It's terrible, I was hoping my account would be safe and secure.
It likely is, but strong passwords and two-factor authentication are much preferable.

Again, see here for more comprehensive information:

Again, see here for more comprehensive information:

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back