• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

W e a p o n s: The Match (David Beckum vs Thomas Hausler)

he can make weapons that can harm him yes

but since thomas isn't gonna be aware of it at the beginning it's not something he'd immediately resort to trying.

He has access to any weapon on Earth, including stuff old enough to pierce their Mystery shielding.

except Mystery isn't all that's needed

he also needs stuff that's magical or has magical energy in some way

Even a paper knife is enough if there's enough mystery

huehuehue

anyways

what stops David from pulling a Caliburn or something similar from UBW and slashing in Thomas' general direction?

-Thomas' weapon immunity

-Thomas taking it from him with his telekinesis when he senses that the guy trying to kill him just made a weapon appear

-Thomas attempting to stab the guy trying to kill him with his own sword

>weapon immunity

o shet

didn't know that was a thing

David is definitely a better fighter than Thomas though, and he'd either 1: try to punch Thomas in the face after realizing that trying to create weapons won't work or 2: activate Unlimited Blade Works and spam Thomas down

Thomas can handle a barrage of projectiles and swords still won't hurt him but there's definitely a case to be made for a close combat fight

Thomas can use any weapon with mastery but that wouldn't help him fight a guy who is also immune to modern weapons. He's definitely not coming out unscathed when the fight gets to that point.

I think it would be dangerous for David to pull out Caliburn at all, though, because Thomas would be aware of it and make one for himself to fight with if he realizes that modern weapons won't work. If UBW is activated, then Thomas suddenly has a lot of melee weapons to turn against David. He'd even have the gall add them to his own barrage, if he uses "Happiness Is..."

I'm not sure if Avenger can use the full UBW Reality Marble.

Either way, Thomas should be able to hurt him. I'd say his powers have enough mystery. A weapon generating out of nowhere is something that would qualify.

Isn't mystery more a matter of age then "what the forking heck is that forkery"

I mean, it still applies somewhat, but generally, things get more mysterious when the mystery has time to build.

Oh so this is why you asked me what you need to hurt a servant...

David loses because all of the Avenger stuff you've brought up only happened in Bazett's dying dream and wasn't real

It's not all about age. Creating weapons from nothing would, in the context of the Nasuverse, be Magecraft, and thus have Mystery. Older things do accumulate Mystery, yes, but anything supernatural qualifies, more or less.

I mean, it's like a Freddy Krueger-type thing.

There seem to be two ways this can go

1: David brings out a Caliburn -> gets telekinetically stolen by Thomas -> David activates MI and blitzes because he knows how dangerous something like Cali is t him

Or 2: Instead of using MI, David activates UBW -> Thomas now has a shitton of weapons to throw at David -> UBW makes swords inside David to protect him meaning that Thomas wins by tearing David to shreds from the inside out with his own defenses

The latter is a lot more likely because MI is a suicide attack

Not to mention, Thomas can make 8-A armor to defend against attacks, so there's that

Anyways, G U N out weapons the man with the sharp pointy things for reasons above

Back