• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles Wiki Rewind 2020

DC is always getting massive revisions, I'm sure though that mostly has to do with Prince of The Morning's DC cosmology blog but he to has disappeared from site

Honestly most DC profiles suck and are barebones.

Its basically Superman and the God tiers that get all the attention and have at least passable profiles (Tho the Vertigo profiles are pretty decent iirc).

Funny how majority of the experts of the tier 0 to top tier 1 stuff have vanished, and at times leave behind unfinished work

The problem with CM is that the two biggest (Azzy and Fan) proponents of it disappeared from the wiki for various reasons.
Apparently Ultima, Aeyu and KingPin are now handling it. Tier 0 Outer Gods is still plausible but for slightly different reasons than before. Apparently Yog-Sothoth might potentially become the most powerful character on the wiki if that goes through.

@Planck69 speaking of the CM, didn't you have a CRT done before the forum move to put the Nightgaunts and Hunting Horrors at possibly 1-A? Apparently there were statements from Unknown Kadath that state the Nightgaunts are capable of traversing to the realms of the Outer Gods and the Hunting Horrors are comparable to him

Problem with that CRT was that it would've lead to High 1-A Nightgaunts, which is just bunk. That and it would've had the same issue as scaling those mortals taken by Nyarlathotep to the Outer Void to High 1-A.

Wait, why is yog sothoth stronger than azzy?
There was an entire thread on it.

TL; DR

Azathoth sustaining all of existence through his dreams was debunked and now he's more of the lord of all existence. Think of him as a king of gods to the creator deity that is Yog-Sothoth. So he'll either be equal to Yog-Sothoth or on the same level as the other Outer Gods. Last I checked he was treated as equal to him but now I don't know.

Wasn't a whole other, new being brought into the equation, and the debate was "is this guy Azzy, Yoggy, both or neither of them?"?

The general conclusion, supported by canon, was that it was Yog-Sothoth. Or rather Yog-Sothoth is one of its names.

I mean Through the Gates of The Silver Key literally refers to the Supreme Archetype as being Yog Sothoth, that whole sequence was to show that absolutely everything in the CM is Yog Sothoth and his archetypes are merely facets to the Supreme Archetype/Yog Sothoth.

I thought yoggy > azzy was debunked? I saw people argue that would clash with a lot of other things Lovecraft established or something

Azathoth now has nothing putting him above Yog-Sothoth though, beyond maybe the family tree. So really, it's a miracle that he's treated as equal to Yog instead of just another Outer God.

"I really agree that Yog-Sothoth is a basically immature conception, & unfitted for really serious literature."

Ye

He called his Weird Tales stories and mythology (basically canon CM) "Yog-Sothoth" as a collective term.

Ah for some reason the wording made it seem like he felt Yog Sothoth was a stupid concept.
But nevertheless yeah I think Yog Sothoth being the strongest is more supported in canon then Azathoth, especially talking Through the Gates of The Silver Key into consideration and how many times it's like "yeah Yog Sothoth is above everyone else and all of existence is but a facet of his true form"

Tbh while I dont know about Azzy being on par with Yog he should definitely be above the other Outer Gods and hes not just “some” OG.

Back