• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

My pet peeves is with people who use /s, /j, /srs

Why cant you just write something coherent
Tone is notably hard to distinguish on the internet, especially in cases of jokes and especially sarcasm.

Obviously, context matters, but for people with neurodivergence such as myself it may be hard to distinguish tone.

It also hurts no one so who cares.

my biggest pet peeve is not getting proper debates and evalations on my crts and it just turning into an FRA train, and when some unsung hero points something out it just resumes to an fra train... but not for votes that matter, exclusively from bluenames

i guess thats in due part to absolutely nobody scaling my verses (who cares about cookie run and trove, after all?)

For the record, I have never claimed to be a good debater, or to be very competent at handling social drama situations. I just continuously try to help keep our wiki and forum running properly with the time I have available, and there were no perfect solutions for the RVR thread mess, especially not ones that would make everybody happy, given the conflicting agitated viewpoints regarding these issues, so our staff just had to try our best to find a compromise solution. 🙏
Make me your proxy and I will defend RVR with my life. I shall be VSBWs strongest warrior.
Also, Strym and Fujiwara only received very temporary bans, to make them take the need for behaviour improvements seriously. They will both be able to return quite soon.
Yeah but the thing is that Stryms behavior was off site and there was no evidence from what I saw affecting his own site attitude. Having personal opinions/making edgy jokes off site isn't a crime if it was why aren't we banning people who support Donald Trump for president off site?
However, as Deagonx suggested, I removed Fujiwara's ability to respond further to this particular thread, as she seems to keep using it to deliberately stir up controversy and agitation, which causes problems both for our community as a whole and for herself.
Fuji every time she saw this thread and couldn't help herself.
990.jpeg

This is a joke, I am not saying Fuji is a drug user.

Make me your proxy and I will defend RVR with my life. I shall be VSBWs strongest warrior.

Yeah but the thing is that Stryms behavior was off site and there was no evidence from what I saw affecting his own site attitude. Having personal opinions/making edgy jokes off site isn't a crime if it was why aren't we banning people who support Donald Trump for president off site?

990.jpeg

Get off the mic.

I mean, in general this thread has deviated pretty far from it's intended purpose and -- in a similar vein to the slander threads -- has become a lounge for discussing on-site drama a lot of the time. Fuji isn't the only person who has been reported over things happening here. Not everyone is using it for that purpose, but it's happening enough that I'm not surprised it's leading to this sort of thing fairly often.

These are such weird things to say man… log off…
The first part part which is in reference to the strongest warrior shit or the third part which is kinda true in the sense that she couldn't help herself with posting that shit that got her banned?
Get off the mic.
Nah.
I mean, in general this thread has deviated pretty far from it's intended purpose and -- in a similar vein to the slander threads -- has become a lounge for discussing on-site drama a lot of the time. Fuji isn't the only person who has been reported over things happening here. Not everyone is using it for that purpose, but it's happening enough that I'm not surprised it's leading to this sort of thing fairly often.
The hell is the slander threads?

990.jpeg

you should stick to trying to downgrade naruto

not politics

I think instead of closing it the mods should more liberal with thread bans temporary or permanent

Back