• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

People being tiers that break the narrative or don't make sense.
Battleboarders when the protagonist character The Acceleration Improver Robot from the physics engine video game titled Increasing My Speed 2: Running from Point A to Point B was able to casually move a little bit in a timeless void: "Speed equals distance divided by time. Time is 0, therefore the character moved a distance in 0 time and has infinite speed. Anything that interacts with the character doesn't contradict this ranking, because those other things simply have infinite speed too."

Battleboarders when the protagonist character The Acceleration Improver Robot from the physics engine video game titled Increasing My Speed 2: Running from Point A to Point B was able to casually move a little bit in a timeless void: "Speed equals distance divided by time. Time is 0, therefore the character moved a distance in 0 time and has infinite speed. Anything that interacts with the character doesn't contradict this ranking, because those other things simply have infinite speed too."
pokemon fr
Ash: Inifnite reaction speed

I've always thought using KE for destruction feats is really dumb and dare i say wank

Like i swear every moon or planet busting feat is 5-A/ High 5-A because the fragments moved a bit. Same with every feat where something gets sliced and the fragments are shown to be some distance apart.
This is a bit of a gray area when it comes to interpreting feats.

On one hand, most authors that aren't physics-heads don't pay attention to GBE and such details.
On the other hand, that is still a feat that they put on paper, regardless of their intent (or lack thereof).

Author intent and WOG aren't the end-all be-all, and historically in powerscaling, feats take precedence. But it's also possible to look at the greater sense of the entire series and determine if the feat is an outlier or not, which most likely will have to do with feats anyways, but may also bring the author's intent on the forefront as well.

Like i swear every moon or planet busting feat is 5-A/ High 5-A because the fragments moved a bit. Same with every feat where something gets sliced and the fragments are shown to be some distance apart.
Seems like an oversight with the labeling, when moon feats are almost impossible to achieve by destroying the moon

Last edited:
I've always thought using KE for destruction feats is really dumb and dare i say wank

Me when I see blatant and in your face mountain busting feats/lore and the verse is clearly a typical fantasy setting where mountains getting blown up by magic or getting destroyed as a side effect of mythical creatures fighting (i.e dragons) is commonplace yet actually being 7-A as a result of it is nearly impossible unless the author is somewhat familiar with KE, fragmentation and vaporization values. Most "mountain level" feats cap at low 7-B while complete destruction of a mountain without a trace can reach upto high 6-C (depending on the size and density of the mountain in question). It's amusingly uncommon to see 7-A feats actually be rated as 7-A here.

Me when I see blatant and in your face mountain busting feats/lore and the verse is clearly a typical fantasy setting where mountains getting blown up by magic or getting destroyed as a side effect of mythical creatures fighting (i.e dragons) is commonplace yet actually being 7-A as a result of it is nearly impossible unless the author is somewhat familiar with KE, fragmentation and vaporization values. Most "mountain level" feats cap at low 7-B while complete destruction of a mountain without a trace can reach upto high 6-C (depending on the size and density of the mountain in question). It's amusingly uncommon to see 7-A feats actually be rated as 7-A here.
Which is why we should stop using calcs and just eyeball every feat

Do ya'll know what I hate? what I DESPISE?

When a bunch of characters in a verse share a set of abilities, such as drawing from the same power source, but they also have their own, unique abilities inherent to them. Yet when people make their profiles, they lump the "inherent" and "unique" abilities together into one big ass paragraph, making it hard to discern what abilities a character has, vs what abilities they kinda just inherently possess from being part of the power system.

This is for verses that don't have like...a central physiology page or power system page.

Do ya'll know what I hate? what I DESPISE?

When a bunch of characters in a verse share a set of abilities, such as drawing from the same power source, but they also have their own, unique abilities inherent to them. Yet when people make their profiles, they lump the "inherent" and "unique" abilities together into one big ass paragraph, making it hard to discern what abilities a character has, vs what abilities they kinda just inherently possess from being part of the power system.

This is for verses that don't have like...a central physiology page or power system page.
THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

me when cutting clouds is somehow tier 7A but cutting mountains is not

image.png

How do you become galaxy level while having subsonic speeds and class 10 LS

People who make other versions of a profile from a different media but don't list the unique abilities, resistances, or story lines and just copy the original(the profiles were just made for higher tiers).

Whenever a character upscales from an upscale, from an upscale, from an upscale, from an upscale, from a speed blitz, from an upscale, from another speed blitz, but isn't the next tier because upscaling by 2x or more times is heretical apparently.
I mean TBF, have you seen the AP gap between the lowest and highest 4-B value?

Whenever a character upscales from an upscale, from an upscale, from an upscale, from an upscale, from a speed blitz, from an upscale, from another speed blitz, but isn't the next tier because upscaling by 2x or more times is heretical apparently.
No matter how high you upscale it's never gonna reach 2x due to it being so unquantifable

No matter how high you upscale it's never gonna reach 2x due to it being so unquantifable
Please point me to a piece of fiction where a blitz/one-shot doesn't represent at least a 2x gap in power/speed, I honestly cant think of any. Logically thinking no author writes a character one-shotting/ blitzing another character with the intent of a gap of power being less than 2x. I'm of the firm belief that if a character has shown one-shotting/ blitzing capabilities on other characters of a certain tier, then it should be treated as a 2x multiplier unless a verse specifies otherwise (Which I've yet to find one that does). I believe its the most conservative multiplier you can possible give in the absence of a concrete value to use and I don't feel that I'm alone in this belief or am crazy for thinking that. We already assume a bunch of other unquantifiable stuff on this wiki, such as the 1.25x upscaling rule, which is completely arbitrary and is just a general consensus among members on the wiki. So why should this be any different?

I mean you aren't wrong, BUUTTTT, we already have a disclaimer in our Attack Potency page regarding this: "Keep in mind that certain tiers do not necessarily correspond to the destruction of their namesakes in any meaningful fashion. This is because the minimum requirements for these tiers are arbitrary values."

Back