• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Current pet peeve: People taking this stuff way too seriously. Like, did we forget that power scaling is a hobby? Not worth all the insults, accusations, bad faith, etc.
There's a quote from a Terry Pratchett book that I don't remember perfectly that basically describes people passionate about niche hobbies (I think it was bird classification, in the book?), and has the main character consider this for a moment, and come to the conclusion that people need to be in control of something in their lives- they're in control of so little around them, but they can certainly make sure this singular bit of the world is matching their standards, or die fighting on that hill against the bastards who want to do something foolish like classify Toucans as Flamingoes.

I think about this sometimes when I look at VSBW, where people vehemently argue about the least important shit I've ever seen, and it makes me forgive them for the pettiness of it all. You have so little in this world, you may as well have a profile with the right damn statistics.

the upgraders should all be flogged, however

There's a quote from a Terry Pratchett book that I don't remember perfectly that basically describes people passionate about niche hobbies (I think it was bird classification, in the book?), and has the main character consider this for a moment, and come to the conclusion that people need to be in control of something in their lives- they're in control of so little around them, but they can certainly make sure this singular bit of the world is matching their standards, or die fighting on that hill against the bastards who want to do something foolish like classify Toucans as Flamingoes.

I think about this sometimes when I look at VSBW, where people vehemently argue about the least important shit I've ever seen, and it makes me forgive them for the pettiness of it all. You have so little in this world, you may as well have a profile with the right damn statistics.
Honestly, puts it all into perspective when viewed from that lens. I’ll still complain about it tho
the upgraders should all be flogged, however

Tllmbrg should be flogged but not flogged as often as people who solely make more and more reaching upgrades

I've never really related to that. I don't see the point in pretending a character has an ability it doesn't actually have.
though other times it is legitimately just that they want higher ratings. Either way it results in a very “us vs. them” mentality
I've mentioned this a few times before.

Lots of people are putting the cart (upgrades) before the horse (verse/characters).

It's not "This verse has conceptual powers, I'm gonna verify which type they would fall under per this wiki's definitions" that they do, it's "Verse High 1-A CM Type 1 Upgrade".

It's not "This verse has conceptual powers, I'm gonna verify which type they would fall under per this wiki's definitions" that they do, it's "Verse High 1-A CM Type 1 Upgrade".
This is true. I saw a recent thread pass where a character was given Type 1 CM for the statement that they "used the concept of [x]." There was no further explanation as to what the nature of that concept was, it seemed to be assigned "Type 1" completely arbitrarily.

I unironically could've probably given some high end concept manip to the 1-B Godzilla profile and nobody would've realized its wrong if they didn't read the book (and didn't have a biased POV). I didn't cause that shit was a blatant metaphor but just think about it - how many of the hax we see in profiles of less popular verses is complete bogus? How much stuff could get overhauled if someone paid a bit of extra attention?

Last edited:
This is true. I saw a recent thread pass where a character was given Type 1 CM for the statement that they "used the concept of [x]." There was no further explanation as to what the nature of that concept was, it seemed to be assigned "Type 1" completely arbitrarily.
The problem of being in a community-driven wiki but the community is related to the larger culture that tends to skew towards inflating their favorite characters' powers and statistics.

-be me
-see recent garou thread
-have the perfect reference to make
-want to post image while on mobile
-try to click the insert image button
-doesn't work
-try to click anything on the hotbar
-doesn't work
-have faced the same issue today when trying to post link and forgot about it
-go to pc fast cause its gonna get closed soon
-open thread
-thread is closed