• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

CRTs that looks like it was written by a 9 year-old high from sniffing melted crayons.
If a 9-year-old sniffed melted crayons they'd be ******* ded. Also, remember that weird oven thing that lets you melt crayons into each other or something lol

Those that comment “following” in a vs thread to watch it when there is literally an option for you to watch a thread at the top
Well, some users may just want to make it clear that they're already watching so they aren't asked to follow a thread they're already on.

Whenever a user is debating a fight where they explain how Character A wombo combos Character B with all of their abilities and attacks, and how everything would connect.

But, without any citation of skill or evidence, insist that Character A won't also get hit because: "They'd dodge, they wouldn't just let that happen."

Whenever a user is debating a fight where they explain how Character A wombo combos Character B with all of their abilities and attacks, and how everything would connect.

But, without any citation of skill or evidence, insist that Character A won't also get hit because: "They'd dodge, they wouldn't just let that happen."
I ******* hate that shit, but sometimes it's kinda true though that said Characters would never let it hit them. Looking at you Six Paths War Arc Naruto and Rinnegan War Arc Sasuke.

I ******* hate that shit, but sometimes it's kinda true though that said Characters would never let it hit them. Looking at you Six Paths War Arc Naruto and Rinnegan War Arc Sasuke.
Oh don't get me wrong, sometimes it's justified.

But it's infuriating when the user doesn't explain why they're capable of avoiding it or, worse, are wanking it brutally.

Also when they straight up ignore Character B's capacity to avoid attacks as well.

Oh don't get me wrong, sometimes it's justified.

But it's infuriating when the user doesn't explain why they're capable of avoiding it or, worse, are wanking it brutally.

Also when they straight up ignore Character B's capacity to avoid attacks as well.
I get it, I really do.

Also more minor, since it doesn't cause as many problems.

But I hate a lot of our stomp buzzwords. Slaps, claps, [Ability Name] GG, ect.

It can seem almost mocking or meanspirited, especially when you don't understand why the fight's a mismatch.

Also more minor, since it doesn't cause as many problems.

But I hate a lot of our stomp buzzwords. Slaps, claps, [Ability Name] GG, ect.

It can seem almost mocking or meanspirited, especially when you don't understand why the fight's a mismatch.
Ok bro but my character would just dodge and clap yours. Nobody cares if your character is 5x faster idiot.

Ok bro but my character would just dodge and clap yours. Nobody cares if your character is 5x faster idiot.
-The match is Speed Equalized

-Someone brings up the character's speed anyways as an arguement

-The character doesn't have speed amps so getting the advantage pack isn't even possible

Jojo threads.

When I go on to Vs Debates and see a Jojo character, several emotions wash over me. A growing heat starts in my chest and bile begins to fill my throat. My body petrifies itself out of a feeling of fear and anger at Jojo fans. I am simultaneously scared and upset at them. I cannot control myself, why does hatred rise out of my body like so? This is a question I cannot answer, and an emotion I have given up on controlling. Perhaps my subconscious is fed up with my strong disagreement on the combat statistics and abilities of Jojo characters, and the shoddy reasoning behind them as well as the fact that a downgrade can never be possible due to the presence of the fans, who vastly outnumber any opponents the verse may have. We receive only slight AP downgrades to satiate our hunger for a more accurate representation of Jojo. This is a cursed existence. When I was a Jojo fan, oh! I would wank characters to kingdom come. The Living Tribunal’s existence refuted by GER, Batman would be unable to prepare himself for the might of Kira Yoshikage, and Novel Kars, with his grand and omnipotent powers soloing the likes of Warhammer and Shinza Bansho.

A Jojo fan no more.

I have lost hope in reality. How could people who believe the things I used to believe about Jojo exist? How could I exist back then? It is with a heavy heart that I realise, people exaggerate their favourite things. Since Jojo is on a lot of people’s favourite lists, who I believe also tend to overlap with fictional battle fans, such exaggeration and wank is not only to be expected but to be a given fact.
But the question remains. Why not focus on the things you love, rather than the things which you hate? And to that, my answer is simple. I must move away from Jojo entirely. I will not participate in Jojo threads, nor will I think about that verse any longer. It is time I look at verses that I love, of which there are many. Transformers, Star Wars, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Bionicle, and more. These verses all hold a special place in my heart, and it is time I appreciate them more, rather than hate on something I should just ignore.

"I don't agree with stats for [character]"
"No I won't make a CRT, it won't change anything"
"No I won't show my evidence to you, I don't want to bother"

Why are you here if you do this? Honestly? If you don't want to provide the evidence for your claim, or you complain about stats you don't agree with in any thread BUT a CRT, what's the point? Why even be on this site instead of any other?

If you're that confident you won't be heard, why are you even bothering to shouting your grievances? And if you're just being dramatic and you do think your voice will be heard, why use your time to only half-ass your criticisms?

If you think the wiki can be better, make the wiki better.

Why are you here if you do this? Honestly? If you don't want to provide the evidence for your claim, or you complain about stats you don't agree with in any thread BUT a CRT, what's the point? Why even be on this site instead of any other?

If you're that confident you won't be heard, why are you even bothering to shouting your grievances? And if you're just being dramatic and you do think your voice will be heard, why use your time to only half-ass your criticisms?

I'm sorry I offended you. It was a joke.

I'm sorry I offended you. It was a joke.
Oh no that was NOT directed at you at all.

I'm venting about the general mentality I sometimes see, your post didn't really come off that way to me at all.

Also I noticed the rhyming, I had a feeling you weren't being totally serious

Honestly, this is my reaction to people who aren't all that involved in powerscaling or aren't part of the wiki who complain about VSBattles. Hell, one of the many reasons I wanted to join this place was because I thought some verses had dumb stats and I wanted to upgrade those characters or downgrade them.
suck it 9-A undertale

The naming conventions for DC pages are kinda misleading. Maybe a bit more than minor but idk, they cause a lot of people to assume pre and post-crisis are completely separate entities, when if you go back and read early post-crisis books, that's not really the case. Plenty of characters from Captain Cold to Brother Power to the entirety of the GLC retained continuity from the Pre-Crisis era. The only characters who really changed were Superman, Batman, Marvel, and characters related to them.

Oh no that was NOT directed at you at all.

I'm venting about the general mentality I sometimes see, your post didn't really come off that way to me at all.

Also I noticed the rhyming, I had a feeling you weren't being totally serious
Oh my god I'm sorry. I'm an insomniac and I really need to sleep. Probably why I completely misread you.

It sounds easy until you lack the time and faith for such.

It sounds easy until you lack the time and faith for such.
Lacking time and faith for your hobby is the first sign you need to either reorganize your priorities and what you want out of it or consider dropping said hobby entirely.

If you don't have enough to spend on the hobby, why waste what little you have half-assing it and being unhappy about your position?

Lacking time and faith for your hobby is the first sign you need to either reorganize your priorities and what you want out of it or consider dropping said hobby entirely.

If you don't have enough to spend on the hobby, why waste what little you have half-assing it and being unhappy about your position?
I agree with the logical assessment, but that is a bit mean psychologically speaking.

Many people get in a hobby, initially enjoying it. but as time goes on, something changes. Maybe they got into a part of said activity that does not appeal to them anymore, maybe the culture of the specific place he's doing it have changed. They still like the concept of the hobby and keep remembering the good times, but can't properly enjoy them anymore or feel futile. Every attempt to make things get better feels futile, but at the same time, they can't simply let go.

I barely scratched the issue, of course, and far from being on the same degree of seriousness, but there are many mechanisms that make people stay in activities they do not enjoy anymore, not very unlike some relationships.

I''ve had my fair share of problems with VSdebating and many times I did quit partially. I could never fully leave it as I had many good memories and liked the concept, plus a small part of me hoped to things to get better, but neither did I enjoy myself. I tried to change some things back to how I liked it, but it was so futile that I gave up and just kept a negative attitude. Only quite recently I actually made terms with myself about the community at large, and even that is because I deliberately avoid some stuff that I strongly disagree but that I know for a fact to be impossible to change.

I would be the first to agree that my attitude wasn't correct, and even now isn't exactly the most optimal. But actually arguing complex points about the wiki, many times when facing peer pressure is hard. And the idea of just giving up on any hobby or activity you like simply because stuff changed in a way you dislike after you already were a big part of the community (More accurately, the community was a big part of your enjoyment) feels weird.

Complainers that do not follow through are not gamechanges and active agents, of course, but many times, there should be a little bit more sympathy than what is given.

So I think we're talking kinda about different groups of people. And I won't pretend there isn't overlap, but I'm mainly frustrated with people who are...spiteful in this process. The ones who stay because they're mad. The ones who seem to want to be angry, or enjoy the complaining part.

However my phrasing is probably meaner than it should be, it's clearly not communicating my own frustration well. I certainly don't mean to berate people who who feel trapped by these feelings, and to them I still offer that exact same advice, just with more sympathy. You really need to consider what this is worth to you if you're ever in that position, and if your investment has reached a position of unhealthiness.

Sitting down with yourself, or even better yet asking for help and someone willing to listen, and reconsidering why you're doing what you are in life, and deciding what value it has to you, what needs to change, or even if you need to walk away is incredibly important, despite it being admittedly very difficult. It goes for anything, of course, but especially if a hobby, something that's supposed to give your fulfilment and enjoyment, is making you feel this way it's in your best interest to take that first step to a new outlook on it.

...But I won't deny, I will still have less sympathy for the people who are very aware and very intention, those are the ones where this frustration comes from.

I think psychological abuse is also a problem around here. The unprovoked hostility and gaslighting I've seen over the lightest of disagreements is disgusting.
honestly it's bad, but nowhere near as bad as certain places like comicvine and discord

that last one has people dox you and use racial slurs

vsbw is the best it can be in this regard.

So I think we're talking kinda about different groups of people. And I won't pretend there isn't overlap, but I'm mainly frustrated with people who are...spiteful in this process. The ones who stay because they're mad. The ones who seem to want to be angry, or enjoy the complaining part.

However my phrasing is probably meaner than it should be, it's clearly not communicating my own frustration well. I certainly don't mean to berate people who who feel trapped by these feelings, and to them I still offer that exact same advice, just with more sympathy. You really need to consider what this is worth to you if you're ever in that position, and if your investment has reached a position of unhealthiness.

Sitting down with yourself, or even better yet asking for help and someone willing to listen, and reconsidering why you're doing what you are in life, and deciding what value it has to you, what needs to change, or even if you need to walk away is incredibly important, despite it being admittedly very difficult. It goes for anything, of course, but especially if a hobby, something that's supposed to give your fulfilment and enjoyment, is making you feel this way it's in your best interest to take that first step to a new outlook on it.

...But I won't deny, I will still have less sympathy for the people who are very aware and very intention, those are the ones where this frustration comes from.
I fully agree! There are indeed some people like that, and it is important to not forget that it is never okay to behave on a exceedingly unseemly manner. We are a community first and foremost, and offence shouldn't be tolerated.

But yeah, the decision to quit (and come back) took me a veeery long time. Now I think I'm here to stay as I've worked out on my issues and how to face them, but it took a long while, and it doesn't surprise me to see people who are clearly not enjoying themselves but still stay.

I think psychological abuse is also a problem around here. The unprovoked hostility and gaslighting I've seen over the lightest of disagreements is disgusting.
Indeed. It was a big part of why I quit a long while ago. One of the reasons I've returned was to see that the community got way better about this. I remember ye olden times when matters were muuuch worse, involving staff and noteworthy members. There's still a lot of rough discussion today, but man, isn't it way better.

Back