• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

probably talking about this lol
Yep that is it. QuasiYuri tried to nuke the verse, when shown proof they moved goalposts, ignored scans, feats, and flat out lied to try to get their way. As well they waited until most of the supporters of the verse were away for the holidays and new years to try to get this pushed through.

This event more or less killed my enthusiasm for this site now knowing that my verses can just get deleted by people who have no clue what they are talking about.

Yep that is it. QuasiYuri tried to nuke the verse, when shown proof they moved goalposts, ignored scans, feats, and flat out lied to try to get their way. As well they waited until most of the supporters of the verse were away for the holidays and new years to try to get this pushed through.

This event more or less killed my enthusiasm for this site now knowing that my verses can just get deleted by people who have no clue what they are talking about.
Meh don’t know the verse, so Ik I can’t really talk, but I think that might be a bit much. Not tryna sound corny and shit but ppl interpret things differently so he probably just had a differing opinion idk

Meh don’t know the verse, so Ik I can’t really talk, but I think that might be a bit much. Not tryna sound corny and shit but ppl interpret things differently so he probably just had a differing opinion idk
it is not a bit much. Many things they bring up are flat out false or ignore what is said in the games. Big bang they lied, asagi they lied, DLC and post game plots they lied, fear the great they lied, they lied about Xenolith, the Hero Prinny, Dark death, Baal. Heck there is a post on the "What tiers do you personally oppose?" thread where they flat out lie even more about the verse. I think it is safe to call them a liar when they do nothing but lie about the verse.

Here are my gripes regarding statistics.

The names of Small Building level and Dwarf Star level sound like they should be in Urban / Stellar, but actually describe the high-end categories in the Tier before it. (I can deal with Small Building level since it's still a better name than Room level, but Dwarf Star level really irks my inner Astronomy Nerd and should be renamed to Brown Dwarf level)

Below Average Human level is way too broad; putting ants in the same category as single cell organisms.

There needs to be groupings for Speed beyond 1,000 times FTL / Massively FTL+, as millions to billions of times FTL are common enough for it.

Stamina makes- oh wait it got fixed never mind thank God.

Solar System level, and Multi-Solar System level, are way too damn big. Solar System level specifically should be decapitated and lead into High Solar System level (Either the energy required to destroy the Sun via a spherical blast at the edge of the Solar System, or the energy required to destroy all bodies within the Sun's sphere of influence AKA the Oort Cloud), and Multi-Solar System level should lead into High Multi-Solar System level (Energy required to destroy all stars visible from Earth)

Below Average Human level is way too broad; putting ants in the same category as single cell organisms.
Hard agree on this, the fact a common cat or even just regular kids are in the same tier as cells or a virus is laughable tbh. That said I can't think of a practical solution and the last time a CRT was made to at least alleviate some of this discrepancy it got rejected for being too arbitrary and time consuming to "fix" (IIRC).

Hard agree on this, the fact a common cat or even just regular kids are in the same tier as cells or a virus is laughable tbh. That said I can't think of a practical solution and the last time a CRT was made to at least alleviate some of this discrepancy it got rejected for being too arbitrary and time consuming to "fix" (IIRC).
one possibly relevant thing that annoys me is when people say "it'd take too long to apply (x change) to every page" and people actually buy it as an argument
people don't realise that you can just change things over time when it's noticed as wrong

When you have threads that only need 2 or 3 more votes to grace, both sides have made an agreement, made it clear on the title about how many votes you still need, and post said threads in the promotion thread AND STILL NOBODY WANTS TO VOTE ON THEM! Most of the times, waiting for votes is the longest thing when getting a versus thread concluded

Something that always bugged me reading this site is the 'supporters', 'opponents', 'neutral' list.
Like supporter I get: Those people like the verse and may be able to support an argument.
Opponents I guess maybe know enough to argue against it? Or its just a social thing, find people to seethe with (which makes it weird to include on the pages).
Neutral is like... what? Who goes out of their way to say 'I don't feel one way or another about this, but I do care enough to tell everyone I don't care'. What's the point of this? They aren't relevant as support, against the series, anywhere. Such a confusing idea that people sit there thinking: Wow, I really need to tell people I don't care about this thing I don't care about.

Also speed equal abuse.
Guy A beats Guy B because he's fast enough to blitz. So they equal. So now its a good fight. However, Guy B has a speed buff of some form. So now he blitzes guy A. Guy B won v someone who would blitz him because speed was equaled just so it could be unequaled in his favor.
Or the same scenario, but Guy B summons Guy C, who is, despite being a power of and extension of Guy B, not effected by speed equal. So Guy C (slower than Guy A) beats Guy A because he's faster than Guy B, who Guy A was scaled down to.

And any and all fights with people like Natsu or HxH where the fight should be cool but it just turns into 'passive fire/fear wins fra'. I'd like to see some cool fights with Natsu for once even though I don't even like his series because his actual powers are cool. But people keep putting him against characters he 1 shots from a mile away by existing.

Something that always bugged me reading this site is the 'supporters', 'opponents', 'neutral' list.
Like supporter I get: Those people like the verse and may be able to support an argument.
Opponents I guess maybe know enough to argue against it? Or its just a social thing, find people to seethe with (which makes it weird to include on the pages).
Neutral is like... what? Who goes out of their way to say 'I don't feel one way or another about this, but I do care enough to tell everyone I don't care'. What's the point of this? They aren't relevant as support, against the series, anywhere. Such a confusing idea that people sit there thinking: Wow, I really need to tell people I don't care about this thing I don't care about.

Also speed equal abuse.
Guy A beats Guy B because he's fast enough to blitz. So they equal. So now its a good fight. However, Guy B has a speed buff of some form. So now he blitzes guy A. Guy B won v someone who would blitz him because speed was equaled just so it could be unequaled in his favor.
Or the same scenario, but Guy B summons Guy C, who is, despite being a power of and extension of Guy B, not effected by speed equal. So Guy C (slower than Guy A) beats Guy A because he's faster than Guy B, who Guy A was scaled down to.

And any and all fights with people like Natsu or HxH where the fight should be cool but it just turns into 'passive fire/fear wins fra'. I'd like to see some cool fights with Natsu for once even though I don't even like his series because his actual powers are cool. But people keep putting him against characters he 1 shots from a mile away by existing.
Speed equal matches kinda suck because they basically just make speed a completely useless stat due to being so common
I’d prefer if matches were done accurately in spite of speed advantages or AP disadvantages, like how death battle does things

Speed equal matches kinda suck because they basically just make speed a completely useless stat due to being so common
I’d prefer if matches were done accurately in spite of speed advantages or AP disadvantages, like how death battle does things
Its annoying how few matches AREN'T speed equal here. Its basically not even vsbattles between the characters. Its between a character then another new guy we just made up.
Like you take Sonic and make him slow, he's not Sonic. He's some other guy who is slower than Sonic. Same for any other character. If you make up their stats, it defeats the point of the fights. But I'd take them doing this over just not having any fights because otherwise everyone just speed stomps. Just doesn't need to be as common as it is.

Every time I see "Normal human weaknesses" listed as a...well, weakness, I die a little on the inside. What does it even mean? That no matter the character's strengths, they still have to pay taxes, eat and sleep? That they can still die to things like gunshots and stab wounds? I never understood it and I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody ask what it means.

The constant, constant ******* abuse of 'hyperbole' and 'flowery language' to downplay shit.

"No we can't just assume something is infinite because it's stated to be infinite! Clearly it must be [explanation that has 0 scans, evidence, or common sense backing it up]!"

I've had to deal with shit like this so much, and honestly? It's one of the only reasons I actively dislike arguing here sometimes. Because no matter what you do, you can't satisfactorily prove your point to someone with their head up their own ass about how the text is wrong, somehow. They'll just keep going on and on, and because it is flat-out impossible to fully disprove that something is hyperbolic or flowery, you'll always be on the back foot until you get hit with the FRA train. It's shitty debating and I actively dislike anybody who pulls this shit on any of my threads.

Also this is a more personal complain but man people really ******* hate Touhou on this wiki. The lack of any input on CRTs is one thing, but then you have massive double standards where Blazblue's singular infinite speed feat gets accepted in the blink of an eye, but Touhou's infinite speed gets met with utterly braindead shit like "just because something is infinite doesn't mean it's infinite". Honestly I feel like people are so caught up on the years of bad wank for the verse that they've started to automatically assume that every high end feat is also wank and should be shot down immediately.

I know everybody thinks their verse is biased against for different reasons, but it's hard to look at the scrutiny Touhou gets and assume otherwise, at least for me. Every universal feat is an outlier (despite having like what, 8? 9?), everybody is only relativistic based off of one (1) manga panel that literally gets hard contradicted mere seconds later, everybody is ******* wall level because Reimu stubbed her toe once, and other bullshit that, unfortunately, I have seen as genuine arguments.

Was it that obvious? :v

Tbf I've thought this for a long time, I'm only now getting it out. Getting topic unbanned just exposed me to more bullshit that I was used to going without I guess.

Probably Standard Human Weaknesses. That should be changed since I doubt we're gonna make a page for that. One of my pet peeves was that there weren't categories for specific Tiers (e.g. a Category for Tier 5 characters, but not Tier 5-C characters), but that was changed a little while ago.

So, if standard human weaknesses is a thing, and it applies to normal humans like us, would one of the standard weaknesses be hitting your toe on something? Cause that'll bring even the toughest people down from my experience lol.

We don't even have a page that standarizes "standard" human weaknesses, so it's as silly as listing in the weakness section "can be defeated"
I was literally thinking that we should either revise what we do or have a standard human weakness page, which might end up listing all the ways the humans can injure themselves lol

Back