• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles logo

Kavpeny

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
The suggested logo. Created by yours truly, with assistace from a friend.

The logo, if accepted, will replace the blue text block of "VS Battles Wiki" currently at the top left corner of the site.

Personally, I think the dominantly blue coloured logo is a lovely fit, given our site's colouring scheme. Also, the sword and shield decently covey our site's name theme (not entirely, since we index stats for the most part, but I can't see for the life of me how to incorporate that into a logo).

Thoughts (on whether we should adopt it)?

Dude Kav man, i love this logo. As the Dragon General from Tumblr who often rates peoples art(mainly from my fave tv show), i rate this a perfect 10. Tell your friend i love it btw. :)

I like the logo. The only "complaint" would be that I think a deep blue colour might fit better than purple with the overall wiki background colour scheme.

Guys, there's a problem :-(

Aparently, Wikia only allows a size of 250px X 65px, which would mean drastic down-scaling of the image. The problem is with the text, which would look nigh-invisible.

Well, as long as the "VS" is highly visible, I think that the logo works fine.

Maybe you could bold the text a bit to make it easier to read at that size?

I have an idea...give me a few hours...

Hmm...yeah, that definitely looks better that current resized logo, though the text overspill doesn't look as good. My idea is somewhat different, so give me a little time.

yeah it's really pushing the borders, but I think looking at the white background kinda makes it look like it's going over the borders,would probably look better with the light blue background

and alright.

Hmm...that's also a pretty good idea. Since we would use a large image, small text would be a moot point. And it looks far better than the current main page pic, that's for sure.

Yes. And then we could simply use the "VS" part of the image as a logo.

Um...it might become too repetitive. In any case, I definitely want to hear what the rest of the staff thinks.

I have updated the pic. I'll put it up as a wordmark, so tell me how it looks practically.

Also, I have replaced the main page image. Again, tell me how it looks practically.

I like it. Thank you for making it.

(I would still prefer if it had the same deep blue colour as other parts of the wiki though.)

I also still think that we should replace the current front page image with (a deep blue version of) the original.

Umm...the picture on top is a deep shade of blue. Will re-colour the original image to blue as well. But it is already on the main page...?

Also, other people's opinions, please?

@Antvasima: I would rather the main page image be 50/50 with the text, much better in terms of aesthetics, so IMO 600px woul be a better fit. 400px image looks almost shruken and out-of-place on the page. Not to mention introductory paragraph sentences look dangling.

@Imago: Thanks man.

Well, 400px is the image size that we use in most pages so the paragraphs to the left get enough room.

It may be that the image needs to be cropped somewhat due to the borders taking up too much room? Or perhaps I am imagining things?

The borders need to be cropped, true.

But it's also the main page, not a character profile, for crying out loud. Respectfully, it should be large and prominent, and not cramped in the corner due to "uniformity" and "standard format", which leads it to looking like an ugly scrawl.

Okay. I just personally like to get enough room to read the text to the left, and think that it should be placed the same way as the old image.

Btw: Does the current upper left logo also need to get cropped a bit, so the actual image part of it can be displayed at a larger size?

@Antvasima: Hmm...no, logo image is a perfect fit. Wikia demands a 250px X 65px image, and logo image is to that exact specification. Croping it would result in removal of edges of the shield.

Okay. I thought that there was some empty space at the side of the actual image, but I may have misunderstood.

Okay. I think that image would look better on the front page if it was cropped. Then the actual logo could be kept much larger while still not overly compressing the text to the left.

Agreed.

EDIT: I mean, I'll get to it, need to finish another order of business first.

Back