• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battle Wiki First Grail War - The Second Preliminaries

Mr Ruler, it seems that the caster class skills are very individualized; how am I supposed to treat item construction?

my move?..........

go walk as central park for 1 hour.

and NO, i don't wanna fight but if you attack the
MANLY
COME AT ME BRO!

• Goes to mcdonalds and KFC for a lot of food to eat and walks around central square of the city relaxing after getting lazy to search*

Hmm... Then, Mr.Ruler, if you channeled your NP, and then cancel it, will you take your mana back? For example, if Artoria channeled her Excalibur (those shiny light), and then cancel it without releasing the Excalibur's power, will she take her mana back? (In short, channeling without releasing NP will cost mana or not?)

@Owari Channelling without releasing probably won't cost you anything, but if you walk around glowing due to chanelling mana, that is kinda going alert the general public

@Blahblah, you became caster because you have Da Vinci's NP, so you get B Rank Item Construction which is basically magical artifacts and gadgets (better for small buffs than for attack abilities) and Territory Creation (which I will say makes all your ranks get a + added to them while you are in it, so now you have A+ ranks in magecraft and B+ in your class skills. Just a small buff, but a solid advantage.)

Also, Hizack and Redgrave just found each other, and Fabtastic is watching them. Avenger V Lancer! During the reaction round they can decide what they want to do (fight, negotiate, GTFO)

'Hizack and Redgrave just found each other' ummm...not exactly, we just walking in same place but still not face-to-face to each other.

Reaction round can be anytime or not until this action round finishes?

@Hizack You might not be face to face yet but servants can sense other nearby non-stealthed servants, so if you are both in the same area, you just found each other.

@Redgrave, not until this round finishes, but I'll cut this Action Round off early if I have to, seeing as we finally have some action going on.

Also, if anyone has any specific questions, I've created a thread on my message wall and I'll answer them there so the thread doesn't get cluttered.

oh! i forgot that!!!

.......then

action! it time for the "ULTIMATE SECRET TECHNIQUE"

..................................RUN!!!!!

• Notices a servant running away from the opposite direction in a hurry and decides to go for pizza*

@Redgrave Fair enough I guess. It's broad daylight in central park, don't want any witnesses.

Maybe I should just get rid of the Action/Reaction rounds and just have one action and then however many reactions per a turn. It would speed things up a bit, so we don't need to wait for everyone to make their move first. Thoughts?

Ok, thanks Mr.Ruler. I won't ambush and stab, that's not how a Saber fight.

1. I steal a punk's motorcycle (this won't cause so much attention from other people). With Riding B (same level as Artoria Pendragon), i can easily get away if that punk's friends tried to chase me.

2. I get to a park at midnight by that motorcycle, channeling my Song of Grail to let the Grail's energy spread through out NYC (only mages and servants can feel this energy so it won't make attention).

3. Waiting. For someone to take my challenge and come, lolololololol.

(Also, with Eyes of Mind B and Magic Resistance B, back-stab or some cheap magic like charm or paralyze won't work on me, so come and face me fair and square, mongrels!)

@Owari, Eyes of mind aren't a general saber class skill I believe. On the otherhand, this is quite an interesting development. I like it.

Also, B rank magic resist against A rank magecraft though? It would lessen it true, but you could still be briefly affected.

Monarch Laciel said:
@Owari, Eyes of mind aren't a general saber class skill I believe.
Eyes of Mind (True) won't. But Eyes of Mind (False) will. Anyone who fought in H2H combat or weapon combat (a lot) will have this when they become a Servant. Most of the time, 3 Knight Class will naturally have this.

Ok, I'm going to change the round system. From now on, the game is divided into day and night round rather than action and reaction. Day rounds are filled with the general public (so don't get witnesssed doing whatever you do), Night rounds are pretty much empty and are free for battles to take place. Just describe what you are doing in each day/night round and if you find someone, start debating with them who would win. No action/reactions. Just do whatever.

Seeing as nothing important has happend, I can implement this right now without any trouble. The rounds change every 12 hours.

Due to the ruckus Rider made earlier, its kinda easy to track him down, 3 stalkers for you. Also try to checking out Caster's territory, will have to leave more than 3 dude for surveilence it seems. Nevertheless, 3 stalkers for now for you too. Lessen the bodies that have spread out earlier to just 20 + all the present stalkers

Rider did enter spirit form afterwards, so tracking him might be more difficult than you'd think.

But geez, you've found almost everyone...

I'm currently using ASJFY to rewrite my God Hand NP into Avalon. I think I'll hide in the 6th dimension for a bit. BTW I have 17 command seals left, seeing as I used on to avoid being murdered in my sleep

Well it is midnight where you showed up, so its halfway through the night cycle. so... in about 11 hours?

You can do whatever you want during this time, just no retconning your previous actions.

Servants can sense another Servants even in their spiritual form just fine. That's why going into spirit form in front of another Servants is useless since they can still sense you and interact (read: hit you like there's no tomorrow) with you.

It would've been different however, if the Servant in question has the mean to bypass this (Assassin's class general skill PC, Robin's No Face May King, Mata Hari's skill that makes you see her as an ally, Jekyl/Hyde skill that made them feels "human", Jack the Ripper's Wanderer of Misty Night, Li Shuwen Sphere Boundary, etc)

So, you means this turn is Day Turn while my action take in Night Turn, right? So that action will only begin after 11 hours?

Ok everybody

Night Cycle has begun now. You can do pretty much whatever you want during this phase without fear of alerting the general public. 12 Hours from this comment's posting, the day cycle will begin, during which you can still do whatver you want, but you must be careful you don't alert the public to the fact there is a magical war going on. If you alert the public twice, I will put a bounty on your head for the others. This bounty reward will be of my choosing. It could be an extra NP, a paramater buff, a personal skill of your choice, etc.

If you do not have a specific weapon as your noble phantasm, you may use whatever basic weapon / method of attack a servant with one of your NPs uses. So for you Ramesses, you could fight with either Achilles's unnamed sword or Ozymandias's Egyptian staff, neither of which have any real power on their own.

What, charging people down or throwing a pyramid isn't enough for you ;D ?

Further questions on this thread on my wall please

@^: So fast... and here i am, thinking about what i should do in Day Cycle... Anyway, this is what i did in my previous Day Cycle (this won't actually affect anything):

1. While i was moving around the city with my Katana, looking for a punk to steal his motorcycle, i sensed a Servant.

2. I saw a Servant. He was eating a pizza. He should had sensed me, too.

3. I came closer. But, the moment i saw his red spear, i knew he was a Lancer. (Lancer have no way to hide his weapon, so he must carry it around).

4. I turned around and left. Because i'm a Saber and he's a Lancer with a red spear. If he was my first opponent, he will end up stabbing his own heart with his red spear and i will end up destroying the Holy Grail by my very own hands and that won't be good. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Back