• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battle Wiki First Grail War Preliminaries (Now Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
God hand should be banned. Without plot armor or GoB, there's no way to kill a servant 12 times with 12 different methods...

The only way is via co-op with at least 6 mans (with 1 normal attack and 1 NP to deal damage) and 4 mans (with 1 normal attack and 2 NP to deak damage).

Edit: Actually, UBW is fine, too. Only "infinite-duplication-type" servant can kill him.

Co op is a valid tactic, as is targeting the master. You have complete atonomy, and you can just talk with the other person here to arrange a co-op (or betrayals if such a thing crosses your mind)

That being said, God Hand is still really powerful, so for people who have Godhand, if you want to give your opponents a bit more of a chance, you can switch to something similar like Avalo , Kavacha and Kundala, Andreias Amarantos, Akhilleus Kosmos or Armour of Fafnir

Well its not like they will win just by hiding in the 6th dimension for a while. And iirc it takes a huge amount of mana to activate and maintain.

Yeah, you won't win by turtling there. But bypassing an attack with it and then attacking is a totally different matter. But I guess it's a little bit more fair since it still requires activation, not like God Hand which is passive.

Yeah, unexpected attacks would still work. And if you keep switching it on and off to avoid attacks you're going to run out of mana pretty quickly

Saber and Rider aren't my class of choice... Alright, i'll take Saber.

My first NP will go with Mystic Eyes of Death Perception . I like observing other people, a watcher i should say. So i'd like a NP with eyes effect. And this is what come to mind.

My second NP will go with Song of Grail . I will help anyone who ask for my help. And, i'll just observe them if they don't. Just like a wish granting device - Holy Grail.

Rin Rokudo said:
Am I allowed to choose Noble Phantasms based on an original character that I write about?
1. You can choose two Noble Phantasms to have from existing Noble Phantasms.

OwariNepgear said:
Saber and Rider aren't my class of choice... Alright, i'll take Saber.

My first NP will go with Mystic Eyes of Death Perception . I like observing other people, a watcher i should say. So i'd like a NP with eyes effect. And this is what come to mind.

My second NP will go with Song of Grail . I will help anyone who ask for my help. And, i'll just observe them if they don't. Just like a wish granting device - Holy Grail.
The reasoning for both is fine, but is the MEoDP a noble phantasm? And which variation of Song of Grail?

Rin Rokudo said:
No, I meant based on the abilities my character has, I'd choose the closest existing NP.
No, the NPs you choose must be based on how others perceive you - your "legend"

Also, I might add in Avenger and Saver classes, depending on how well the NPs fit the remaining classes

Monarch Laciel said:
The reasoning for both is fine, but is the MEoDP a noble phantasm? And which variation of Golden Grail?
MEoDP is a skill, not a NP. But it's more than enough to be a NP xD

About Song of Grail, all of them i means. All of them are Song of Grail, depend on your wish when you activate it.

LlamaGod1411 said:
@Monarch

Kavacha&Kundala so that I can satisfy arrogance, Pashupata so that I can have something to back my words up?
I don't see how either of your phantasms link to how people see you as arrogant and able to back up your words. Could you explain the link a bit more?

Satisfy my arrogance*

I'd like to be seen as infallible, but that isn't really true irl, what other NP but Kavacha&Kundala to support that?

And backing up my words, what good is an amazing defense when you have nothing on the offense? Pashupata is the second strongest weapon in Hindu Mythos, so just going with it.

LlamaGod1411 said:
Satisfy my arrogance*

I'd like to be seen as infallible, but that isn't really true irl, what other NP but Kavacha&Kundala to support that?

And backing up my words, what good is an amazing defense when you have nothing on the offense? Pashupata is the second strongest weapon in Hindu Mythos, so just going with it.
Your reasoning for K&K is fine, but I'm still not convinced on your justification for Pashupata. It needs to be how other people see you.

OwariNepgear said:
Monarch Laciel said:
The reasoning for both is fine, but is the MEoDP a noble phantasm? And which variation of Golden Grail?
MEoDP is a skill, not a NP. But it's more than enough to be a NP xD
About Song of Grail, all of them i means. All of them are Song of Grail, depend on your wish when you activate it.
You could try Boundary of Emptiness , which is basically the same thing as MEoDP except as a noble phantasm.

Monarch Laciel said:
You could try Boundary of Emptiness , which is basically the same thing as MEoDP except as a noble phantasm.
They are different. BoE is indeed can kill the enemy via concept of death. However, MEoDP is both offensive and defensive. With MEoDP, ones can defense themselves by cutting an attack/ability's concept of death while BoE is only offensive.

Edit: You can think of it as an passive NP, just like God Hand or Andreias Amarantos.

They are the same thing. Boundary of Emptiness doesn't specify it can only be used against people, just against a target, so you can still defend yourself by cutting attacks with it.

As for Song of Grail, you are getting saber class, so you get the Saber class variations, which is Freeze O Blue Grail. You can also have the original one with the healing, but you can't have Clarent, Wicker Lady, Samhedi, God Force, Arondight, 9 lives, etc. I will let you have them if someone else gets GoB or UBW, but for now having that many NPs on access is circumventing my system, which as the supervisor of this war, I WILL NOT ALLOW ;D

Anyway, we have our Saber.

Also because clicking "Random Page" on either TypeMoon wiki or here would more than likely end you up with something other than a NP

And with LlamaGod we have our...

no

You'd make a terrible Rider

As the Ruler/Supervisor of this War, I hereby instate Avenger/Saver classes

You can be Saver, because books are wonderful saviour type thingys

Monarch Laciel said:
Also because clicking "Random Page" on either TypeMoon wiki or here would more than likely end you up with something other than a NP
Literally the first random page I got was Rhongomyniad. I love my luck sometimes :)

First 2 NP that i got using random roll are SNI and Salmon Bagel. 2nd roll were Azrael and and Asterios' NP. While 3rd roll is a disgusting combo of Azrael and Enfer Chatteu d'If

Nine lives because I always try really hard to adapt to things and Troias Tragōidia because I like to crush any obstacles as fast as possible, or alternatively Ramesseum Tentyris because I love showing off my accomplishments.

Screw it, I want this to start. Avenger class is no longer needed. But before I officially begin the war:

Does anyone with godhand want to switch to a slightly less powerful alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back