• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You were arguing that the definition of the world "multiply" doesn't have the same meaning in DxD as it does in real life. Sorry, but you're kinda just making non points. If you make a claim that has supporting evidence or a logical basis, I'll respond, but I won't argue just to argue.
I made a perfect illustration of the situation and you just wanted to dismiss it. The fact is that Demonic Power increases speed. So all the speed displayed is not due to Demonic Power alone so I don't see why doubling Demonic Power is the same as doubling the speed. Demonic Power just has a passive speed-increasing property. If you still want to reject the arguments at this level then...

I made a perfect illustration of the situation and you just wanted to dismiss it. The fact is that Demonic Power increases speed. So all the speed displayed is not due to Demonic Power alone
You're proposing that there's something else that gives supernatural beings their speed when that's never stated or implied to be the case. For devils, it's their ki/demonic power, for angels, it's their ki/holy power, etc. With ki and the other energy directly correlating with each other. All of your points are contradicted by the series and you've provided no evidence.

You were arguing that the definition of the world "multiply" doesn't have the same meaning in DxD as it does in real life. Sorry, but you're kinda just making non points. If you make a claim that has supporting evidence or a logical basis, I'll respond, but I won't argue just to argue.
Not that it doesn't have the same definition but that's not how it happens in this case. Doesn't the concept of case by case exist? Otherwise when the word multiply is used in a verse why are some rejected?

You're proposing that there's something else that gives supernatural beings their speed when that's never stated or implied to be the case. For devils, it's their ki/demonic power, for angels, it's their ki/holy power, etc. With ki and the other energy directly correlating with each other. All of your points are contradicted by the series and you've provided no evidence.
As I said Demonic Power has passive speed amplification properties so multiplying Demonic Power does not necessarily mean multiplying speed until it is stated.

Not that it doesn't have the same definition but that's not how it happens in this case. Doesn't the concept of case by case exist? Otherwise when the word multiply is used in a verse why are some rejected?
"Once again increase=/=multiply. I agree that the speed increases but it is not multiplied. These are two very different terms." These are your words lol.

I don't see where the contradiction is in what I'm saying. As I said multiply=/=increase. Multiplying a boost doesn't mean you're multiplying the speed.

Boost absolutely increases speed.

But it is never said to double it, unlike with power. It is also extremely inconsistent with the series, as the gaps in speed that would be assumed and reached by this boost doubling speed concept are NEVER showcased.

Like, if Issei has to boost multiple times to keep up with someone, that means that person should've absolutely blitzed the hell out of him before. And if not that, it means Issei should be blitzing the hell out of them now. This is often not the case.

Boost absolutely increases speed.

But it is never said to double it, unlike with power. It is also extremely inconsistent with the series, as the gaps in speed that would be assumed and reached by this boost doubling speed concept are NEVER showcased.

Like, if Issei has to boost multiple times to keep up with someone, that means that person should've absolutely blitzed the hell out of him before. And if not that, it means Issei should be blitzing the hell out of them now. This is often not the case.
It is double because boost is stated to double the user's power, hence if it applies to speed it doubles that to. It never once states speed is on another level as physical strength so let's not add random head canon

It is double because boost is stated to double the user's power, hence if it applies to speed it doubles that to. It never once states speed is on another level as physical strength so let's not add random head canon
I've already explained why this isn't the case by default and even linked you one of my own threads where I tried using the same logic (with more evidence and consistency), and was rejected.

Can you share an example?

Can you share an example?
Sure. I've posted in this thread already.

TLDR: It is literally stated by the narrative itself that Saitama's "abilities / power" is growing exponentially, and we literally see blatant growth in both his strength and speed. We also know that Garou, the person he is fighting, literally gains the power and speed of people he copies, and is constantly copying Saitama to remain equal to him, and yet still gets outpaced as Saitama grows by an amount that is relative to the growing strength gap between them.

Even still, due to wiki standards, it isn't enough because of the marginal inconsistencies with how speed gaps are treated (Something DxD is FAR worse at), and because it isn't explicitly stated that his speed is also growing exponentially.

Sure. I've posted in this thread already.

TLDR: It is literally stated by the narrative itself that Saitama's "abilities / power" is growing exponentially, and we literally see blatant growth in both his strength and speed. We also know that Garou, the person he is fighting, literally gains the power and speed of people he copies, and is constantly copying Saitama to remain equal to him, and yet still gets outpaced as Saitama grows by an amount that is relative to the growing strength gap between them.

Even still, due to wiki standards, it isn't enough because of the marginal inconsistencies with how speed gaps are treated (Something DxD is FAR worse at), and because it isn't explicitly stated that his speed is also growing exponentially.
I meant in DxD, as a response to what I particularly quoted.

Do you mind if I use the anime as a reference?
Yes, it doesn't represent the source material and varies greatly. For the sake of this discussion, I believe anime/manga content should only be used if they are portrayed as the same as in the LN. That's why I only used anime/manga content as additional evidence to supplement LN content in my blogs. Please use the LN as a reference if possible. Edit: Thanks for asking first.

Shall we continue with this? I don't think it's that difficult to understand, it all comes down to:
Boost is a duplicator -> Boost increases speed -> Boost doubles speed
Which I've already stated many times and even provided examples of this not working due to wiki standard.

Lotta claims without evidence, and a lotta likes coming in to support those claims lol. Anyway, I covered every instance of Boosts being used in the multiplier blog, (with evidence) if you guys find any examples, refer to that blog, if not there, then at some earlier point in this thread as I've covered some of Phoenks' earlier examples. Have a nice night everyone.

Last edited:
Which I've already stated many times and even provided examples of this not working due to wiki standard.
You said it was inconsistent in the story not that BOOST doesn’t multiply speed

Anyways, if BOOSTEF speed is such an issue for scaling can’t we just have Far higher with boost and call it day

Shall we continue with this? I don't think it's that difficult to understand, it all comes down to:
Boost is a duplicator -> Boost increases speed -> Boost doubles speed
How do you go from increasing to doubling? That’s overdoing it. I have already given examples with arbitrary values and since we don't know how it increases we just add higher. Boost can double the speed after 100 uses or after 5.

Last edited:
Not really as base speeds for characters would also require boosts to obtain a value for.
This is where the problem comes from. You want to use multipliers without there being any feats and without it being directly stated just to improve the general speed of the verse.

This is where the problem comes from. You want to use multipliers without there being any feats and without it being directly stated just to improve the general speed of the verse.
It is directly stated and there are feats tho. (And you haven't shown anything to prove otherwise) Anyway, like Curry stated earlier, it'd be better to wait to converse with staff as our conversation isn't really going anywhere.

It is directly stated and there are feats tho. (And you haven't shown anything to prove otherwise) Anyway, like Curry stated earlier, it'd be better to wait to converse with staff as our conversation isn't really going anywhere.
What feats? What can support the use of 2^18 on speed in the verse? Power there are feats of this level but not speed.

I realized something. I don't believe that Boost increases Issei's Demonic Power but his power. His stamina increases thanks to Boost? And even if this is the case it must be proven that it also doubles the output of what is done. Directly stated that it doubles the power. Have more Demonic Power==Have more power but have double the Demonic Power=/=have double the power. Common sense in fiction. For speed it was never said that it is doubled and the argument that Curry wanted to use according to which double and also increase just does not hold because the author if he had really wanted it would have just said double power and speed.

I realized something. I don't believe that Boost increases Issei's Demonic Power but his power. His stamina increases thanks to Boost? And even if this is the case it must be proven that it also doubles the output of what is done. Directly stated that it doubles the power. Have more Demonic Power==Have more power but have double the Demonic Power=/=have double the power. Common sense in fiction. For speed it was never said that it is doubled and the argument that Curry wanted to use according to which double and also increase just does not hold because the author if he had really wanted it would have just said double power and speed.
Dragon Shot disproves this (y)

Any instance of a character being faster than another character, and the latter character gets amped to match the former, is a feat.
Well said he is amped. However, do you know what the gap was between them? No. The gap could be 30% and he uses 5 Boost to cover it.

Well said he is amped. However, do you know what the gap was between them? No. The gap could be 30% and he uses 5 Boost to cover it.
The amount of boosts between the two characters determines the gap, now like I said before, good night and we can discuss this when staff are present.

Back