• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Wth, light in this verse is just Holy element, magic not real light being made of photon. Can we stop nitpicking everything that have the word "light" to be real light??
Evidence presented in the thread debunks this.
Tsubaki Mirror Alice feat is just magical reflection feat which reflect incoming attack and doubling its power, so something a holy light attack got reflected back due to it magical nature, it isn't natural reflection of light or photon
That's just a single example.
Also before anyone mention, energy, magical attacks that shining with light is common in fiction, doesn't make them light speed or being made of actual photon.
That's not my point.
Also, iirc Boost do not increases speed
Multiple examples proving otherwise have been shown throughout the thread.
Conclusion: Pls read the thread before commenting.

I read the......you know, blog or sandbox (whatever it is) and it is unreadable, but i can understand what is the arguments

That's not my point.
I remember someone argued this???, not you??, too many comments ngl, if it is not you, then well, sorry, i just direct my comment toward that argument

I was asked to give my opinion on facets of this. I don't have much interest in the verse but I'll give my opinions where applicable. Much of this is incomprehensible to me, particularly the OP, so you'll have to forgive me if something is missed.

Regarding light feats: some of those listed in the blog wouldn't matter whether they are made of light or not. Something can be made of light and not actually move at light speed, its components move at that speed. To give an example of what I'm getting at, when you have a drone light show forming some image in the sky in the real world, that image is made entirely of light, even though it isn't moving at light speed- only the light that comprises it is. In the example of, say, an arrow made of light, it doesn't necessarily just get light speed for being made of that. Light constructs still need to have indicators of adhering to the properties of light to be counted. Given the strangeness of some of the evidence (a magic summoned mirror being used to argue reflections, the light in one of the image visibly curving on trajectory rather than moving in a straight line, etc), I don't think this is as concrete as is being argued.

Regarding AP multipliers: Even if this were accepted, it really should have a more readable blog than this. It's even worse than the light one. I'm not trying to be mean but this is nigh-on incomprehensible, it is the presentation of raw data with very little formatting at all. I will go on to say that at least some of the evidence here is severely lacking for the points suggested- the quote from Volume 2 doesn't in any way support a manual lowering of "DC". I also don't think other quotes suggest an actual weakening of one's power, but rather just showing restraint in using hyper-powerful abilities. Still, I don't have strong opinions on this, other than that some of the evidence isn't really obviously related to it and that the blog itself needs some TLC.

Regarding light feats: some of those listed in the blog wouldn't matter whether they are made of light or not. Something can be made of light and not actually move at light speed, its components move at that speed. To give an example of what I'm getting at, when you have a drone light show forming some image in the sky in the real world, that image is made entirely of light, even though it isn't moving at light speed- only the light that comprises it is. In the example of, say, an arrow made of light, it doesn't necessarily just get light speed for being made of that. Light constructs still need to have indicators of adhering to the properties of light to be counted.
I believe that I've shown enough properties. Although if the lack of presentation is the cause for you not seeing that, I completely understand. I can highlight some excerpts for you that may help. Like this link and this quote from the OP.
DxD Light fits the standard (And one user's use of the technique is currently accepted but for some unexplained reason, the rest aren't), as they reflect off of non magic mirrors and metal, are called natural light/rays of light/beams of light (recreation of natural phenomena) dozens of times, are said to be made of photons, has a similar effect as natural sunlight (damages devils), are always moving in a straight line, diffuses in a realistic way ("returns to nothing"), are never interacted with by normal humans, require the user to have an extensive knowledge on the scientific and mathematic properties of natural light before recreating it in that image, and are only shown at different speeds via abilities that alter the phenomena of light itself (magic, which makes the natural into supernatural causing impossible phenomena like photons moving beyond the SoL, essentially altering the physical laws of matter).
Given the strangeness of some of the evidence (a magic summoned mirror being used to argue reflections, the light in one of the image visibly curving on trajectory rather than moving in a straight line, etc), I don't think this is as concrete as is being argued.
The normal mirror being summoned by magic doesn't seem to go against my points in any way. And all images I shared that aren't from the LN are Secondary or Tertiary canon as their events and lore are very different from the source material (although they still follow the same general storyline), I just included examples that aligned with my points however if you believe that it'd be wiser to remove them, I'm perfectly willing. And I'd appreciate if you could tell me the specific image you're referring to because if that example was of Irina's light, then I'd have a pretty simple explanation.
Regarding AP multipliers: Even if this were accepted, it really should have a more readable blog than this. It's even worse than the light one. I'm not trying to be mean but this is nigh-on incomprehensible, it is the presentation of raw data with very little formatting at all.
Sure, if it gets accepted, I'll reformat it. Although, I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. Sure it's long but is that it or is there something else? (Not asking in a rude way, just for future reference.)
I will go on to say that at least some of the evidence here is severely lacking for the points suggested- the quote from Volume 2 doesn't in any way support a manual lowering of "DC". I also don't think other quotes suggest an actual weakening of one's power, but rather just showing restraint in using hyper-powerful abilities.
The example from Volume 2 of Issei focusing his power into one spot is similar to what Gen did in Volume 5, and what Issei did in Volume 9. Both of the latter instance involve restraining the AoE of their attacks to not damage their surroundings, thus intentionally lowering their DC. And in the instances I showed, those "hyper-powerful abilities" were still used, the user just adjusted them to not damage their surroundings.
Still, I don't have strong opinions on this, other than that some of the evidence isn't really obviously related to it and that the blog itself needs some TLC.
That's fine and I respect your opinions, it's just that this thread is something that I worked really hard in researching for and I just think that compiling the research in a "readable" manner should be enough. Especially given the possibility that my work could be for naught if the thread doesn't get accepted (and I'm still not exactly sure how to format it any better, given the amount of information and the method with which I want to deliver it), anyway, thanks for responding and I greatly appreciate the feedback. If you have any tips, please share and I'll try to fix things up when I have time. (And if you could share this thread around a bit just so it can get some positive attention, I'd be very grateful. Though your response is already enough.) Have a nice day. 🙏

Back