• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Votes Needed) BOOSTed Gear Revision and Major Changes to Issei's (DxD) profile

Anyways, it's not as direct as I remember, but this is from the LN and the fight between Kiba and Issei vs. Xenovia and Irinia

There's probably better examples, but when they say BOOST increases your Power, it doesn't just mean how hard Issei or his attacks can hit, they mean all of your power, including your speed. In these examples, Irina says that if Issei boosted again he would have been able to evade, not tank, evade.

Also says if he didn't boost he wouldn't have been able to do anything in their match, and this probably doesn't mean getting one shot as Issei had a training arc that should let him match these characters in base/
Screenshot_2024-08-02_091027.png

Screenshot_2024-08-02_091006.png
1. Never in the series is it mentioned that Boost explicitly "doubles" speed. It says it doubles strength / power, which are distinct from speed unless proven otherwise.
2. Arbitrary amplifications of speed do not prove that it also doubles speed. It needs to be explicitly stated for that to be the case.
3. Speed multipliers require significantly more evidence to be accepted than power multipliers because of the tendency for fiction to not showcase such multipliers properly.
4. There are moments in the blog where the explanations don't make sense or prove inconsistencies. Such as when Vali gets tagged by Issei while still being faster, but then Issei is only barely faster than Vali after boosting multiple times (An amp that would make him tens to even hundreds of times faster). This is blatant inconsistency and it's being used to inflate the ratings.
Then just refer to these points again.

Said statements are not direct nor consistent enough to say it doubles Issei's speed.

I've tried such scaling before on my own threads and I was similarly rejected, even with more evidence.

What statements? And what do you mean? It contradicts itself all the time, even in the very blog itself. I gave an example above. Speed multipliers are not treated nearly to the extent they would be needed to in order to accept them. Let alone STACKING them on top of the other and using them for base-scaling.

When you accepted that blog there was literally a statement in there that just gave characters a completely arbitrary 5x speed multiplier for "blitzing," even though there was nothing to suggest that. It was just a random multiplier.

I recommend you give it a more thorough read before commenting again, please.
There were scans like this that mention being doubled numerous times. But the 5x just from a generic "Blitzing" feat via our VS Thread rules is definitely against the rules yeah. I do not might some examples but those ones yeah, we shouldn't use that.

@CurrySenpai are there more elaborate details or better yet visual depictions of the light things behaving like real light? That's what I prefer to start with.

Once again, why does it need to be explicitly said when the series just shows us and tells us through other means rather than just saying "Boost doubles Issei's Speed and Attack Power". There are many many statements that are just "Issei gets faster with boost" or just showing us he is getting faster with his boosts.

This is like having 10 feats of a Light manipulation ability, and the text says "It flashed, a bright light appeared before me and pierced the target." but the series never stated "This is an ability that uses light" so people go "Well it can't possbily be light manipulation."

Once again, why does it need to be explicitly said when the series just shows us and tells us through other means rather than just saying "Boost doubles Issei's Speed and Attack Power". There are many many statements that are just "Issei gets faster with boost" or just showing us he is getting faster with his boosts.
Because that's the standard. Without explicit statements of a strength multiplier also equally multiplying speed, it can't be accepted. Most multipliers that are accepted also arbitrarily boost speed in a similar manner, but they aren't accepted to be explicit speed multipliers. Also, again, more often than not, these theorized speed multipliers aren't consistent with the feats/scenes depicted in the verse. DxD is no different.

@Qawsedf234 I know this is probably far from the verses you evaluate, but I believe you know about are multiplier standards. You can confirm this, no?

This is like having 10 feats of a Light manipulation ability, and the text says "It flashed, a bright light appeared before me and pierced the target." but the series never stated "This is an ability that uses light" so people go "Well it can't possbily be light manipulation."
To be perfectly clear, you’re pulling a 2x multiplier from thin air because he has a technique that makes him considerably faster? Why not just use “far higher with Boosts” or something?

To be perfectly clear, you’re pulling a 2x multiplier from thin air because he has a technique that makes him considerably faster? Why not just use “far higher with Boosts” or something?
No it's because BOOST is consistently stated to double the user's power with each boost, the blog establishes this. Also, I'm fine with that, but Masque is making the profiles, I'm just here to sign off on what I agree with, either or really works for me.

But the 5x just from a generic "Blitzing" feat via our VS Thread rules is definitely against the rules yeah.
this just doesn't even exist btw
we have no stated multiplier or anything for blitzing because of how much it varies. being fast enough to disappear from sight from 100m away is obviously far more impressive than doing it while in front of the person due to the extra distance necessary to move, for example.
you can make the exact same argument about physical oneshots (two equal humans can knock one another out with a well-placed strike) even though we have a page for those but we still don't use those for multipliers so you get the idea.

No it's because BOOST is consistently stated to double the user's power with each boost, the blog establishes this. Also, I'm fine with that, but Masque is making the profiles, I'm just here to sign off on what I agree with, either or really works for me.
Oh ok I see, does the verse have some kind of Power UES then? Where like, someone with a power of 8 or something will always have the same stats as someone else with a power of 8 (I’m not sure if numbers are consistently used I’m just going off what I saw in the multiplier blog). Stuff like glass cannon characters would sort of contradict this, or characters who are speedster types.

Oh ok I see, does the verse have some kind of Power UES then? Where like, someone with a power of 8 or something will always have the same stats as someone else with a power of 8 (I’m not sure if numbers are consistently used I’m just going off what I saw in the multiplier blog). Stuff like glass cannon characters would sort of contradict this, or characters who are speedster types.
I probably won't explain this best as I'm still relatively new to understanding the series but there isn't exactly a UES and moreso a sort of grading system. DxD has a lot of different grades and ranks for demons, angels, the Sacred Gears, etc.

For example, in the first novel when Issei becomes a Devil, Rias explains how Devils have a master and that they embody a chess piece. Pawns start out weak but can promote themselves to any of the other pieces, Rooks focus on physical strength, knights are speed, bishops are magic, etc.

Devils and Angels also have a ranking system that generally determines how strong they are and how much of a threat they are, establishing a hiearchy of power as well.

I probably won't explain this best as I'm still relatively new to understanding the series but there isn't exactly a UES and moreso a sort of grading system. DxD has a lot of different grades and ranks for demons, angels, the Sacred Gears, etc.

For example, in the first novel when Issei becomes a Devil, Rias explains how Devils have a master and that they embody a chess piece. Pawns start out weak but can promote themselves to any of the other pieces, Rooks focus on physical strength, knights are speed, bishops are magic, etc.

Devils and Angels also have a ranking system that generally determines how strong they are and how much of a threat they are, establishing a hiearchy of power as well.
If there’s a split between speed and strength, idk if the doubling thing should also be applied to his speed? Also, what piece did Issei promote to?

If there’s a split between speed and strength, idk if the doubling thing should also be applied to his speed? Also, what piece did Issei promote to?
The promotion thing is something he can always do and switch off from. He's always a pawn, he can just take on the attributes of a piece, but this is a question for masque moreso than myself on the split between speed and strength.

BOOST would apply to his speed though because in the story there are many gaps where he just cannot tag them, and he HAS to boost. Power does in fact mean his Speed and Strength, and once again, I still think it'd be better to just categorize "Higher with boost" for his speed.

Also, on the topic of Vol. 1-3 character being relativistic, since it was a light speed attack I'm pretty sure we can just say that most angels have light speed attacks, them being that fast in 1-3 don't make sense.

and I am chasing after Kiba who is moving around in a zigzag at god-speed. Kiba who is a ‘Knight’ has faster legs than me. But…

[BoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoost!!]

I can go past him directly if I multiply my power and increase my dash!
what is this?

I'm back ig, I'll try to cover everything at once. (It's hilariously ironic that as soon as I can't respond, everyone else can lol)
Also I will say, why can’t Vali be SoL by the first encounter, if anything it makes sense and is more consistent with the scale of the verse, especially considering the fact that he’s a very clear checkpoint of power in the series.
Despite the existence of statements or Vali being SoL, they exist across multiple volumes, and in between each of these volumes, there are statements of Vali training, it personally doesn't make sense to me that he'd have the exact same speed despite training. Also, Vali massively outsped Kokabiel (A Fallen Angel Cadre) in V3 and Kokabiel is at least 8x faster than Middle Class Fallen Angels (Just like how Boosts double speed, Divides halve speed as shown in the image I linked) and even faster than Low Class Fallen Angels (like Raynare). Coupled with the boosts stuff shown in the blog, the depiction of feats say something different than than the statements.
The blog does not establish that it is consistent for speed and there are multiple issues.

1. Never in the series is it mentioned that Boost explicitly "doubles" speed. It says it doubles strength / power, which are distinct from speed unless proven otherwise.
2. Arbitrary amplifications of speed do not prove that it also doubles speed. It needs to be explicitly stated for that to be the case.
Boosts are only shown to have a doubling effect, why should we assume that the multiplier for speed is anything else? Every instance has it referred to as "doubling", assuming otherwise is just headcanon imo.
3. Speed multipliers require significantly more evidence to be accepted than power multipliers because of the tendency for fiction to not showcase such multipliers properly.
Not sure if there are any moments that do not display them properly. (Aside from one instance in Volume 9, however that whole moment is one big outlier, and i don't just mean for speed.)
4. There are moments in the blog where the explanations don't make sense or prove inconsistencies. Such as when Vali gets tagged by Issei while still being faster, but then Issei is only barely faster than Vali after boosting multiple times (An amp that would make him tens to even hundreds of times faster). This is blatant inconsistency and it's being used to inflate the ratings.
You're misrepresenting the moment. Vali was clearly depicted as faster than Issei and the only time Issei "tags him" is when Vali is standing still to take Issei's attack. This is something that is very in character for Vali as he's arrogant and likes to make his fights more dramatic because of his Chuunibyou nature. Issei never "tags" him again before boosting and after boosting to become stronger than Vali, he's also faster and Vali can't tag him. So your claim is factually incorrect.
I mentioned these issues to the OP over discord which is why he is telling people not to focus on speed. This is so blatantly and incredibly not acceptable that it makes DDM look bad, gotta be honest with ya
I said not to focus on speed because I was planning on revising it like I said earlier, please don't misrepresent my character or imply that I'm being dishonest.
As for the speed of light stuff, I don't support that either. The examples brought up, as stated by DMUA, don't fly. One example of light magic being okay doesn't make the rest of the verse okay. Especially considering Raynore is a fodder character that apparently couldn't even hit a slightly amped human with "light."
Her name is "Raynare" and every time she's attempted to kill a human, she has. Every example you've provided is incorrect. And the reason why I'm using those other examples as reference is because they're all the same technique, just different applications of it.
Also light spear =/= beam of light.

There are so many things wrong with this thread overall. I wish you guys would properly organize and reference stuff rather than rushing and pumping out these terribly written and formatted blogs/threads.

I'm not trying to be mean, it is just genuinely an unfortunate occurrence.
Raynare's Light Spear's function the same way, not sure why you're drawing a distinction. The shape of the spear is the same shape as a beam so I'm not getting your point.
If boost has very specific statements that are uncontradicted, I still do not really have contentions with using the 5x multipliers if they're outright stated.
I've already cleared this up previously, there was no 5x multiplier.
Likewise, our lightspeed standards have often gone back and forth where the restrictions and leniency often keep going back and forth. But after I double checked some things, some of the standards for light requirements seem to just be simplified statements rather than demonstrations. Sure it's consistent for fire, lightning, ect to be real fire or lightning, but that doesn't really prove light and darkness being real light and darkness just because "It's the same magic system." Like are there at least comparisons to sun light and what not? Or does it demonstrate refractions or bouncing of mirrors or shiny objects?
Yes, there are comparisons to sunlight and it bounces off of mirrors and metal as I've shown before.
I do not might step by step multiplier scaling, but now my concern is if it meets criteria for light.
I'm sure that I've provided enough evidence.
I’m not saying it’s not real light. I’m saying using a weapon made of light doesn’t mean you’re moving at lightspeed.
If someone reacts to that weapon, they are relativistic-ish and the person using the attack has SoL attack speed. I've never made any claims about movement speed.
Also I have to agree with Phoenks that these blogs are hardly readable
Not sure what to do about that, but when an unexperienced user is the only one working on these, sometimes it won't look the prettiest. Though I can assure that these are very well researched if anything, and if you'd like to reformat them while retaining the info, I'd give you permission.
In reality, the only thing I disagree with is not using Vali's Speed Of Light statements as a baseline for when Light Speed starts coming into the scaling, especially since it can be pretty consistent at times (in both the anime, manga, and light novel).
The reasoning for not using them is the same reason we don't use Kiba's Shin 4 statement of "exceeding the speed of sound", it's very inconsistent with the narrative and contradicted by feats.
But the important thing to remember about DxD as a series, is that a lot of fights and buildup usually revolve around there being a large gap in power which characters must overcome, either through training, some sort of power, or in Issei's case: [BOOST]. The Boost Multiplier not only makes sense because it's consistent, but because the series has Issei constantly overcome gaps in AP and Speed, and other characters also do the same, just not through his BOOSTED GEAR method.
I agree.
What statements? And what do you mean? It contradicts itself all the time, even in the very blog itself. I gave an example above. Speed multipliers are not treated nearly to the extent they would be needed to in order to accept them. Let alone STACKING them on top of the other and using them for base-scaling.
You're examples were proven to be invalid.
When you accepted that blog there was literally a statement in there that just gave characters a completely arbitrary 5x speed multiplier for "blitzing," even though there was nothing to suggest that. It was just a random multiplier.
I recommend you give it a more thorough read before commenting again, please.
I'd suggest that you reread as well because as I clarified both in the thread and blog, I never used 5x as a multiplier for blitzing, I'm well aware of the rules. I simply used it as a comparison by saying that someone that was 5x base Issei's speed wouldn't be able to react to someone that was 2^6x Issei's speed. I had a few grammar/spelling mistakes and the comparison didn't convey my point well which was why I removed it.
Anyways, it's not as direct as I remember, but this is from the LN and the fight between Kiba and Issei vs. Xenovia and Irinia

There's probably better examples, but when they say BOOST increases your Power, it doesn't just mean how hard Issei or his attacks can hit, they mean all of your power, including your speed. In these examples, Irina says that if Issei boosted again he would have been able to evade, not tank, evade.

Also says if he didn't boost he wouldn't have been able to do anything in their match, and this probably doesn't mean getting one shot as Issei had a training arc that should let him match these characters in base/
Screenshot_2024-08-02_091027.png

Screenshot_2024-08-02_091006.png
This is definitely a good example of power = strength + speed as it refers to "demonic power" which is often used to amp the stats of characters.

Said statements are not direct nor consistent enough to say it doubles Issei's speed.

I've tried such scaling before on my own threads and I was similarly rejected, even with more evidence.
In relation to the statements, ig that's just up to interpretation. There are clearly statements but the quality of these statements is what's being called into question, Ig we can wait for more staff to decide on this particular point.
Anyways, @MasqueTLDF why can't we use Vali's speed of light feats? I don't quite understand what the issue is.
FRA
There were scans like this that mention being doubled numerous times. But the 5x just from a generic "Blitzing" feat via our VS Thread rules is definitely against the rules yeah. I do not might some examples but those ones yeah, we shouldn't use that.
I didn't exactly break any rules as my point was misrepresented.
@CurrySenpai are there more elaborate details or better yet visual depictions of the light things behaving like real light? That's what I prefer to start with.
All "visual depiction" come from material that aren't canon to the LN, I'd refer you to my Power System blog which explains the reasoning for why DxD Light = Real Light along with some of the screenshots that I share in the op.
Is Vali the one with the spear made of light or something? Idk anything about DxD
He is not, the main user that the initial speed scaling is based on is Raynare.
Because that's the standard. Without explicit statements of a strength multiplier also equally multiplying speed, it can't be accepted. Most multipliers that are accepted also arbitrarily boost speed in a similar manner, but they aren't accepted to be explicit speed multipliers. Also, again, more often than not, these theorized speed multipliers aren't consistent with the feats/scenes depicted in the verse. DxD is no different.
Feats aren't inconsistent FRA and we'll let the staff decide FRA
2x multiplier comes from an ability that doubles his power (energy system of the verse which characters use to amp speed and strength) which is stated to be strength + speed, is consistently shown to increase his strength by powers of 2 and his speed also increases, it's just never stated that his speed is specifically "doubled", however we can infer such based on the meaning of power (the quote @CurrySenpai shared earlier and general uses of demonic power).
Erm, I'm almost sure he's used light magic before but he's never produced light spears.
this just doesn't even exist btw
we have no stated multiplier or anything for blitzing because of how much it varies. being fast enough to disappear from sight from 100m away is obviously far more impressive than doing it while in front of the person due to the extra distance necessary to move, for example.
you can make the exact same argument about physical oneshots (two equal humans can knock one another out with a well-placed strike) even though we have a page for those but we still don't use those for multipliers so you get the idea.
blah blah blah FRA
UES yes, but not specifically in reference to Power. The amount of Demonic Power (Ki, Magic Power, Holy Power, Dragon Power etc) generally is proportionate to a character having high stats, like Sairaorg with his massive amount of Ki being far stronger than characters with Average-Above Average amounts of Demonic Power (Kiba, Rossweisse, Asia etc), characters with high Demonic Power like Vali are regarded as superior to characters like Issei with low Demonic Power and so on. Issei can increase his demonic power with boosts and match characters like Kiba in speed, and there are also other speed increasing abilities like Kiba's Boosters and Issei's Jet.
Not really a split, even Kiba (Average-Above Average Demonic Power) who's regarded as fast is slower than characters like Vali who have a very high Demonic Power, it's typically displayed similarly to what you'd expect. And Issei wasn't promoted in any of the instances I mentioned.
Also, on the topic of Vol. 1-3 character being relativistic, since it was a light speed attack I'm pretty sure we can just say that most angels have light speed attacks,
That was kinda my intent, but characters reacting to those light speed attacks would grant them a rating as well.
them being that fast in 1-3 don't make sense.
Eh, I disagree.
what is this?
Another good example, thank you.
Thank you all for conversing with each other while I was away, hope I cleared some things up, and if I didn't feel free to ask for more help. (Although my activity on here may be a bit more limited.) If anyone would like to discuss the Multiplier's effect on AP (considering that was kinda the main point of the CRT), I'd appreciate it, especially since it's a lot more clear cut. Have a good evening folks, I'mma play Master Duel. (Sorry for the long message : p)
Edit: nothing is clear cut in a dxd crt lol

Last edited:
Yeah this entire comment is why I said I didn't want to get involved. You are stubborn and you aren't willing to listen unless I just call staff to parrot the concerns I've already given.

I will do that instead of engaging with you. It will not go anywhere.

Yeah this entire comment is why I said I didn't want to get involved. You are stubborn and you aren't willing to listen unless I just call staff to parrot the concerns I've already given.

I'm sorry? I don't see anything that I said which was wrong. And I don't exactly appreciate being called stubborn, it isn't like I ignore criticism or disregard the opinions of others, I just don't find arguments stemming from someplace which is provably incorrect to be very engaging and I'll only attempt to shut them down if I truly believe that there is a problem with the argument. Examples: Claiming that Issei was able to tag Vali before boosting and the continuous misrepresentations of my 5x statement from various members. The first was just wrong and the second was repeated statements that didn't properly describe my argument, I called them out because I could prove that they were wrong. If you have a problem with me, I'd appreciate if you could tell me in a sophisticated and polite way. And regardless of what you may say, keep in mind that I won't attack your character nor will I intentionally try to upset anyone here. And if you'd not like to continue the conversation, keep in mind that I hope the rest of your day goes well.

"This is why I disagree with the points you made on a CRT"

"Okay, I will defend my points."

"Gosh you're just so stubborn, you won't listen to me AT ALL or any of my concerns, wow..."

Make it make sense, please. Masque has acted measured, he's just defending his points lol.

"This is why I disagree with the points you made on a CRT"

"Okay, I will defend my points."

"Gosh you're just so stubborn, you won't listen to me AT ALL or any of my concerns, wow..."

Make it make sense, please. Masque has acted measured, he's just defending his points lol.
Chillllll 😭
I want everyone to feel good regardless of what they say or how they act. Good vibes and allat
☮️

I'm pretty chill, I just don't get how defending the points in a CRT you made is acting stubborn lol, people don't just resign the moment any contention in a thread happens, the discussions barely started.
I would've liked for the conversation to continue as well, but everyone deserves the right to withdraw at any time. There could be a variety of reasons as to why Phoenks decided to drop out of the discussion and I respect the choice regardless of the reason.

I would've liked for the conversation to continue as well, but everyone deserves the right to withdraw at any time. There could be a variety of reasons as to why Phoenks decided to drop out of the discussion and I respect the choice regardless of the reason.
Oh no, that's fine, I don't mind if he drops out of the discussion, I just don't like it when someone gets called or labelled as something for seemingly no reason. I mean, I wouldn't say you're stubborn, you've been very receptive to critiscm and discussion in the time I've known you.

Oh no, that's fine, I don't mind if he drops out of the discussion, I just don't like it when someone gets called or labelled as something for seemingly no reason. I mean, I wouldn't say you're stubborn, you've been very receptive to critiscm and discussion in the time I've known you.
Yeah, I understand that, and thank you for the compliment.

If someone reacts to that weapon, they are relativistic-ish and the person using the attack has SoL attack speed. I've never made any claims about movement speed.
Neither did I. If someone reacts to that weapon while it’s wielded rather than thrown, it’s not a feat of any kind. Say I have a flashlight that by some weird function only projects a small cone of light a short distance outwards. I swing down at you with the flashlight, you can easily dodge the cone of light emitted even though it is made of light. It’s the same here. Just because the spear is made of light doesn’t mean she’s fighting with it at the speed of light.

Not sure what to do about that, but when an unexperienced user is the only one working on these, sometimes it won't look the prettiest. Though I can assure that these are very well researched if anything, and if you'd like to reformat them while retaining the info, I'd give you permission.
It would be prettier if the excerpts from the text were put in pastebins or screenshotted. Also, could you convert the speed to x * c (speed of light in a vacuum)? It’d make the speed values easier to read and wrap ur head around.

Back