• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Videogame Jason Voorhees Downgrade

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
A profile for Jason Voorhees from the Friday the 13th Game has recently been made (like, 10 mins ago actually) and I have a few gripes with it. I swear that making this CRT so soon is just a coincidence.

• Electricity Manipulation should be removed, Jason only kicks the counselor against an electrical cabinet, he isn't manipulating electricity itself.
  • Deconstrution is just AP, since he breaks all those things through brute force.
  • Invulnerability sounds like simple durability Jason is invulnerable to all of the attacks by the counselors, however when he becomes stunned by Pamela's sweater he can be killed
  • Fire Manipulation only requires more context, I guess Jason can find and use the gas can and the flare.
  • Infinite stamina is unjustified
  • Pressure Points is unjustified, so I'd remove it.
  • Water Manipulation because of this is also clearly wrong.
  • Also regeneration is unexplained, so unless something gets proven, I'd take it out too, as well as immort type 2. I don't find it hard to believe he has them, I just dislike having them there without context.

Last edited:
Invulnerability sounds like simple durability Jason is invulnerable to all of the attacks by the counselors, however when he becomes stunned by Pamela's sweater he can be killed
Can you explain that? If the same attacks which don't hurt him before only kill him with the sweater then isn't that invulnerability?

Can you explain that? If the same attacks which don't hurt him before only kill him with the sweater then isn't that invulnerability?
I'd see it more as the sweater making him vulnerable, but just being impervious to damage (and this coming from a game worsens the situation given the possible mechanics) isn't considered invulnerability, unless there's a clear reason, system or whatever to prove for sure a character can't be hurt at all.

I'd see it more as the sweater making him vulnerable, but just being impervious to damage (and this coming from a game worsens the situation given the possible mechanics) isn't considered invulnerability, unless there's a clear reason, system or whatever to prove for sure a character can't be hurt at all.
Yeah that's what I was basically implying that the sweater makes him vulnerable to damage that would otherwise not hurt him. Considering his durability shouldn't decrease by something like that wouldn't invulnerability make more sense? Basically can the attacks without the sweater hurt him? Because if not it's pretty evidently not just plain durability and the sweater strips off his layer of protection to damage.

Maybe a "possibly" can be put for compromise, even though usually we are more strict when it comes to invulnerability.
I'm okay with that. Mainly had an argument that it wouldn't make sense for his durability to fall by that as it shouldn't be based on his psychology and thus some other force is at play. I would be okay with a possibly.

Maybe a "possibly" can be put for compromise, even though usually we are more strict when it comes to invulnerability.
Eh, no. It could be interpreted in other ways, such as the guy being open for attacks and allowing people to attack vitals, or just that damage taken outside of this state is lesser, and just not tracked by the game.

Eh, no. It could be interpreted in other ways, such as the guy being open for attacks and allowing people to attack vitals, or just that damage taken outside of this state is lesser, and just not tracked by the game.
So does he die via attacks outside of the sweater?

A couple more things have been added to the profile, and I have something to say about them too. I'll list them here, and add them to the op.

• Pressure Points is unjustified, so I'd remove it, unless something comes up.
  • Water Manipulation because of this is also clearly wrong.
  • Also regeneration is unexplained, so unless something gets proven, I'd take it out too, as well as immort type 2. I don't find it hard to believe he has them, I just dislike having them there without context.

The jaw-tearing calculation has already been accepted and does not present the same problems as the original calculation. Meh, not much use here anyway, it's only Class 10. Jason will get Class 25 with the arm ripping feat.

Hello, sorry for seeing this late but i'll try to go over what you guys said, and i will add the changes i made at this message
the Deconstrution part is right, so im gonna remove it
about the electricity manipulation part, Jason uses electricity to kill people, but he cannot do it byself and he needs prep, so maybe i change it to limited?
  • Invulnerability sounds like simple durability Jason is invulnerable to all of the attacks by the counselors, however when he becomes stunned by Pamela's sweater he can be killed
Infact Jason is invulnerable to all of the attacks by the counselors, as seen in the videos in the durability section Jason only gets stunned after whatever damage he takes, he just doesnt die.
You can see in the video below that Jason only becomes vulnerable to the attacks when he is tricked by Pamela's sweater, i wouldnt say that the sweater makes him invulnerable to the attacks but he just has a thing going inside him when he sees the sweater, making him distracted and stunned.

• Fire Manipulation only requires more context, I guess Jason can find and use the gas can and the flare.
Jason doesn't find a gas can and a flare, they are just on him when the animation starts, unlike the others kills this is a cutscene kill while they are ingame kills, maybe that explains it. I would still keep it tho

After some researching i found where he gets his stuff, he founds the gas can where he kills the man, as he was fueling the generator. And idk where he finds the flare, he doesnt use it in the game, but i guess it was on him just for that mission

• Infinite stamina is unjustified
  • Pressure Points is unjustified, so I'd remove it.
I will try to justify Infinite stamina a couple minutes after this message.
I justified the Pressure Points part now.
Water Manipulation because of this is also clearly wrong.
Jason uses water to drown people, i guess this could be removed or can be changed to limited
And i changed the video to this bc the other one sucked tbh
Also regeneration is unexplained, so unless something gets proven, I'd take it out too, as well as immort type 2. I don't find it hard to believe he has them, I just dislike having them there without context.
I removed regeneration because he doesnt get affected by the attacks so he cant regenerate
I justified the immortality part

I still doesn't fully understand the jaw breaking part because seems like you guys are discussing about it, so i will leave it the same for now
I just removed destruction and regeneration for now, because i think the other powers needs a little bit more discussing about removing it or changing it to limited.
I will check hour by hour and see what you guys say about this

Last edited:
Infact Jason is invulnerable to all of the attacks by the counselors, as seen in the videos in the durability section Jason only gets stunned after whatever damage he takes, he just doesnt die.
You can see in the video below that Jason only becomes vulnerable to the attacks when he is tricked by Pamela's sweater, i wouldnt say that the sweater makes him invulnerable to the attacks but he just has a thing going inside him when he sees the sweater, making him distracted and stunned.
This is why i changed it to limited.

From invulnerability's page:
"Invulnerability is the power to be immune to conventional harm. Characters with such powers may simply be unaffected by normal attacks, necessitating the use of things like Durability Negation to get through."

Jason don't fit the requirement to get Invulnerability

From invulnerability's page:
"Invulnerability is the power to be immune to conventional harm. Characters with such powers may simply be unaffected by normal attacks, necessitating the use of things like Durability Negation to get through."

Jason don't fit the requirement to get Invulnerability
From Durability Negation's page
"Mind Control (To some degree) - Manipulating the opponent's mind can be used to bypass durability, because the user can either shut down the opponent's brain or control the opponent's mind to force it to commit suicide by his/her/its own powers."

By using Pamela's sweater the counselors manipulate Jason's mind

Jason is unaffected by normal attacks, only using Durability Negation (Mind Control) can bypass his durability.

From Durability Negation's page
"Mind Control (To some degree) - Manipulating the opponent's mind can be used to bypass durability, because the user can either shut down the opponent's brain or control the opponent's mind to force it to commit suicide by his/her/its own powers."

By using Pamela's sweater the counselors manipulate Jason's mind

Jason is unaffected by normal attacks, only using Durability Negation (Mind Control) can bypass his durability.

Jason is not unaffected by normal attacks, he gets stunned If someone hit him, he is damaged by knifes, this is not invulnerability

Back