• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Friday the 13th: Last addition of novels

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Warning - A decent amount of the linked feats are NSFW/Gore heavy in their descriptions. So if you don't like that stuff you might want to get off the thread now.

Alright, so this CRT is covering the Five Novels produced by Black Flame in 2005 to 2006. In release order the novels are:
  • Church of the Divine Psychopath
  • Hell Lake
  • Hate-Kill-Repeat
  • The Jason Strain
  • Carnival of Maniacs
So the main reason why I (and probably others) haven't gone over these novels is the following issues:
  • Canon wise, unlike with the novelizations or Jason X books, these all occur with Zombie Jason. Making the timeline placement far more difficult if you want to keep them canon
  • They have.... weird things about them
To preface, my proposal would be the following: Hate-Kill-Repeat can probably be added to the main Jason page. The rest of the novels would need to be shuffled into some Black Flame Jason Voorhees page. EDIT: Was blind, they're all more or less non-canon.

Canon issues

Church of the Divine Psychopath

• Jason's appearance is strange. Basically, he was in the lake (again) and fished out. But with his Jason X prisoner uniform. That really doesn't work unless you put it somewhere in between 2008 and 2010 and there's issues with that
  • Jason dies in this book and he dies via being gibbed to pieces. It ends with Jason in hell and the sequel novel continues this story
Hell Lake
  • We have a confirmed "Canon" version of Hell for F13. Jason is in Hell for the start of Freddy vs Jason and his eternal punishment is to kill people forever. In Hell Lake Jason is on the 13th level of Hell with all of history's mass murderers
  • Jason and his army of mass murderers escape Hell by... physically climbing from the bottom to the top
  • Jason has a strange Hell bond with another serial killer, which gives him the ability to teleport and conjure weapons from nothing
  • The novel ends with Crystal Lake opening a portal to hell and trapping Jason in it again
The Jason Strain
  • The Jason Strain basically ignores the previous two books with Jason just.. magically back alive.
  • Jason is captured by a special task force and used as a prop for a reality game show where people are thrown on an island to survive
  • Jason is then kidnapped by a scientist, who in his quest to steal Jason's healing factor starts a zombie apocalypse after being injected with a massive array of diseases
  • The novel ends and Carnival of Maniacs more or less picks up from there
Carnival of Maniacs
  • Pamela is a weird disembodied spirit who was retconned to always be around Jason
  • Pamela uses the full moon to energize Jason's body when he's to damaged
  • The novel ends with Pamela hijacking some woman's body and going to Crystal Lake to meet up with Jason again
Hate-Kill-Repeat

HKR is explicitly not canon going by WoG:
I consciously placed HKR on the existing F13th movie timeline, to please fans, myself included. It took place after my favourite sequel Friday The 13th VII: The New Blood, and rather ignored the fun-but-not-so-great follow-up Friday The 13th VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. The title Hate-Kill-Repeat came from seeing a DVD sleeve for some low-budget monster movie which carried a tagline something like 'Mate. Feed. Destroy'. It was no doubt also influenced by Slipknot's early album Mate Feed Kill Repeat - guess I just started thinking about what Jason's equivalent routine would be. The 'Hate' part was important to me, as I was keen to keep Jason emotional (specifically, shot through with negative emotion), rather than some lumbering zombie. Kane Hodder's portrayal of Jason (from The New Blood to Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday) was for me by far the best, imbuing him with a real sense of livid rage. I haven't seen the new movie yet, but I hope new-guy Derek Mears delivers some of that.
The novel skips over Part VIII, but does have set up for Part IX. However, the films are taken as main canon for the sake of the profile. So while it technically could fit, the fact it skips Part VIII more or less makes it an elseworld.

Final points

Basically, Black Flame Jason is basically just Zombie Jason with fewer resistances but more extra powers and a similar set of 9-B feats. At a quick glance though:
  • Jason's healing factor is described as allowing him to live forever since the virus based on his healing factor was estimated to allow its host to live forever by regenerating damage from aging
  • Jason should still be Class 5 since he can do stuff like rip off shark jaws, rip off heads or tear people in half and flip police cruisers
  • He can punch through people, smash through walls, jump through floors and stab through metal/cut down trees. So overall he should be 9-B
  • Jason would require two extra P&A keys: One for the zombie virus version, one for the Hell Lake amp version
  • Lastly we can actually expand Pamela's ghost section key that's been on her profile for some time.

Last edited:
Isn't Jason's main page already comp with non canon comics and such?
Also, could this plane feat yield anything higher than wall?

Isn't Jason's main page already comp with non canon comics and such?
I believe last time it was determined that canon is basically "Movies (Prime) > Novelizations > Secondary Material that doesn't contradict higher canon"

Most comics and the Jason X novels don't contradict higher canon, unlike with the Zombie Jason novels.
Also, could this plane feat yield anything higher than wall?
It could. Though I'd expect that surface area would still make it a 9-B feat, but something much higher than the rest.

Back