• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Human Jason Voorhees P&A revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
So in the same vein as this really excellent Michael Myers CRT lets adjust Jason's P&A keys a bit (only look me like five months).

So some of the changes
  • Giving Human Jason some regeneration since he recovered from otherwise massive wounds rather quickly along with pain tolerance
  • Removing the Roy Burns mention from the Possession section, since upon research I found out there is no novelization of the fifth movie
  • Changing his stamina ratings to properly reflect other CRTs
  • I feel like we should probably expand some of his other P&A keys as well, but I rather bad at just choosing a few feats rather than scan dumping so i would like some help with that
Lastly I wanted to ask if the following excerpt from a Jason X novel would mean anything for profiling
"Well, in the legend," Wendy continued, assuming the supercilious tone of a teacher saddled with a particularly dull student, “Jason must come back until he is killed by a direct family member. Kin. Voorhees blood. Stabbed through the ******* heart until dead.

"You see, when Pamela was pregnant with young Jason, her husband Elias was up to some backwoods witchery-you know, trailer-trash black magic. Hillbilly voodoo.

“But the Voorhees clan wasn't always low-rent. See, Elias's great-great-great-grandfather was a powerful warlock who lived in Salem town. He was feared and hated by the local townsfolk, who tried to kill him again and again. They said he had one of the 666 known copies of the Necronomicon Ex Mortis-The Book of Dead Names-by which he could conjure demons from another dimension. They were sick of their nubile young daughters disappearing into the Voorhees mansion and never being seen again.

"In the year 1667, on the night of Samhein-the most powerful holiday in the witch's calendar-a group of townsfolk gathered around the Voorhees mansion with torches and pitchforks. This time they had him-or so they thought. Weird flashing lights began to appear in the sky. They saw Jebediah Voorhees standing in the bell-tower, and then he vanished. They burned his house anyway, but his body was never discovered.”

"But the Necro... watsis survived?”

“Yes, April. The Book of Deadly Nicknames lay forgotten among the Voorhees family papers until one day when Elias came across it while looking for kindling material. They say he accidentally called up a demon that possessed his unborn son. And that is why Jason cannot be killed."

This sounds good. Human Jason was already able to heal from an axe in his head. I also wonder if Undead Jason is strictly a thing, since he was jump started by a lightning bolt. I wonder if he literally was still alive despite being rotten.

Regarding the novel, there seem to be multiple back stories for Jason, so it's hard to know which is true.

I wonder if he literally was still alive despite being rotten.
The only in-universe stuff talking about him either refers to Jason as a Deadite or as some shell of hatred. He's likely not a zombie in the classical sense of he word.

Well, he was allegedly killed by multiple blows to the head, and then he was left in the ground, and yet he woke up again after lightning jump started his heart. Not a typical way for a zombie to be created or for a creature to come back to life. I wonder if he was somehow still alive after rotting in the ground with his heart stopped and then he woke up when his heart was started again. If so, that would say a lot for his regeneration and stamina. Not to mention Self-Sustenance.

@Random-Helper323 @Dark-Carioca

Apologies for the tags, but I did find the following portion in the novelization of the sixth movie.
The sky suddenly lit up with lightning and one of the jagged bolts lanced earthward. The spear sticking up out of the corpse acted like a lightning rod, drawing the electricity, and sparks flew as the lightning struck the spear, missing Tommy Jarvis and Allen Hawes by inches as they leaped for cover.

They didn’t see the lightning travel down the length of the iron stake impaling Jason through the heart; they didn’t see it bathe the body; they didn’t see the veins of electricity dancing over the corpse, crisscrossing it, writhing like Snakes. They didn’t see the decomposing eyelids suddenly flash open.

Deep within the primitive, reptilian brain of Jason Voorhees, a twisted spark of bestial consciousness returned, ignited by electric fire. The feral eyes, uneaten by the teeming swarm of writhing maggots, as if the worms somehow knew something no one else could know, glowed as if red fires burned behind them. Sluggishly, thought processes revived and ganglia squirmed with shock. Something lived again that had never really died completely.

The inscription on the tombstone said “At Rest,” but there was never any rest for Jason. Each time the tortured soul of Jason Voorhees was resurrected from the limbo it had fled to, it came back stronger, meaner, conscious only of the burning hate that had driven all reason from it, hate for the people who had hurt it, hate for everything that lived. It hated being denied the rest it longed for. It was like a wounded animal, attacking everything that came within its reach. It hated life and so it worshiped death, romanced it as if death were a teasing lover who remained forever unattainable. And now it lived again.
The white hockey mask had been washed clean by the pouring rain, and beneath the persistent flashes of lightning, it gave off an unearthly glow. As if following a ritual, Jason Voorhees slowly donned the hockey mask. He turned away from the open grave, from the closed coffin that now held the torn and broken body of what had once been Allen Hawes, and still holding the iron spear, the alchemist’s rod that had brought him back to life, Jason started walking toward the cemetery gates. Just as something had been pulling Tommy Jarvis back to the Eternal Rest Cemetery, so something now pulled at Jason Voorhees, something that urged him to follow a blind homing instinct and return to the place where it all started. A voice inside his mind came back to life, commanding him to go back to Crystal Lake and kill again.
So with this we know more about Jason:
  • Jason's soul had come back from limbo before part VI. Meaning that there's legitimately a solid chance he did die in Parts II and III and just revived. Jason would also need a new power to reflect that he does indeed get amped from his resurrections which would explain the massive power jump in-between the early movies.
  • Since Jason did resurrect himself, I don't believe he would get anything more than like, the bare minimum healing factor for recovering quickly from minor wounds
  • The important aspect here is that Randoms' guess is seemingly correct. Jason was never actually dead-dead after Part IV. Just stuck in a limbo state until the lightning bolt revived him as some revenant with an enhanced body.
So with that this would be my proposal
Assuming we're keeping regeneration and not just scrapping it for his early form.

I also don't know how we really handle his self-substance like was mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
I would suggest that human Jason has better regeneration than that, since he recovered from an axe to the head and other blows to the head. My other thought is that Tommy basically crushed Jason's skull, and yet even before he woke up in his grave the head was more intact than he left it. This at bare minimum suggests he can put his skull back together and heal monerate brain damage.

While true wouldn't that be due to his resurrection more so than his healing factor?
That's entirely possible, however, there is the fact that his head seems to have fixed up a bit even before he woke up from the lightning bolt. I guess his resurrection could have already taken effect and been the cause, but if nothing else his resurrection also regenerates brain and skull damage, since it was in an earlier film that he got an axe in his head, and he came back still human after that, and I don't recall a large axe scar on his head in the following films. That resurrection from the earlier film happened really quickly too, since it seemed he was gone before any help arrived. I haven't seen that film in a while though, so I'm not certain. I'm not even certain which film it is at the moment. I think it's the third though.

That resurrection from the earlier film happened really quickly too, since it seemed he was gone before any help arrived.
The resurrection in Part II happened within like five or ten minutes. The Part III one took 30 minutes to two hours since Jason woke up in a hospital morgue in Part IV.

But if we're counting regen as the resurrection then it'd be Mid-Low or High-Low for the bodily damage.

I'd also note the Deadite connection is reiterated in Ash V Freddy V Jason and I believe Part VI itself has the original Necronomicon prop

Jason would also need a new power to reflect that he does indeed get amped from his resurrections which would explain the massive power jump in-between the early movies.
I agree with Part II and Part III Jason getting separate keys considering how Jason is suddenly a skull crusher in Part III, a level of strength not showcased in Part II.

I'd also note the Deadite connection is reiterated in Ash V Freddy V Jason and I believe Part VI itself has the original Necronomicon prop

It was Part X where we first saw the Necronomicon in F13.

I agree with Part II and Part III Jason getting separate keys considering how Jason is suddenly a skull crusher in Part III, a level of strength not showcased in Part II.
So 9-C Jason with Resurrection and then 9-B Jason after getting revived and amped?

Regen would be reserved for the second human Jason key I suppose.

I would say that's fair. Part II Jason can still smash through closets and punch through windows plus takes a chainsaw to the arm (this wound doesn't seem to heal much if at all, and it probably wasn't in the writers' mind for him to be this supernatural until Parts III and IV) so he isn't a complete weakling.

As for that Jason X excerpt, I feel like that's just extra Immortality for Jason, though it's not very concrete and the demon thing seems more like a folkstale surrounding Jason, though I guess it'd confirm that unused demon from Part IX.

It seems Jason should have the same or similar resurrection throughout his story. In Freddy vs Jason it even acts as if he can resurrect whenever he chooses within reason, and this isn't exactly inconsistent. In the 7th film he literally wakes up because Tina is telepathically calling for her father in the same place Tommy left Jason. That would explain his resurrection being faster and slower at different times. It's almost like his true form is a spirit that inhabits the body to do harm. That would be consistent with the way he possesses other people and the way the machines in Jason X actively repair him, although the latter could just as easily be Pamela's spirit rather than Jason's.

I've always assumed that between Parts VI and VII he was "alive" and well, just weakened, and that Tina strengthened him enough to break free or whatever.

That's possible, given that Tina later woke up her father, but the strength and purpose of her father lends itself to something else about Jason. Some back stories say that Jason exists to enact his revenge against anyone who comes near his place of death, or who otherwise reminds him of those responsible for his death. Hence why he always finds a way back to keep killing, never simply dying. Tina's father was strong enough to drag Jason under the lake, and after doing so he chained Jason up down there again. This means he was comparable to Jason physically. And then he simply vanished.

It seems to me that Tina's father was the same as Jason, resurrecting for a purpose, except that his purpose for resurrecting was to save his daughter. And having achieved his purpose he has no need to still be present. This indicates that either Tina or the lake itself, or something nearby, can create these spiritual beings.

I've always assumed that between Parts VI and VII he was "alive" and well, just weakened, and that Tina strengthened him enough to break free or whatever.
While non-canon, the novels that take place as alt-sequels to Part VII note that Jason was alive the entire time and he just crushed fish as he waited for the chains to break.

Part VIII also showed that Jason was alive in that timeskip since he dragged down the one girl that swam near the spot where Tommy trapped him.

It was either that or he was in some kind of in-between state, not really alive or dead, given his open angry eyes at the end of Part VI.

Anyway, I think what we talked about above can be applied pretty easily. Part II Jason is no chump but is still weaker than what we get in Parts III and IV, plus all those different abilities and that extra immortality or demonic physiology, however we want to phrase that Jason X bit.

An argument could be made for each movie getting a key but I'm not gonna go there.

We can go with

9-C (Door punch) | 9-B (Skull Crush and Door break) | At least 9-B (Undead Jason feats with a note about him getting stronger with each resurrection) | 9-A | 7-B

Keys: Human Jason | Second Resurrection | Undead Jason | Über-Jason | Jason X^3

First key would just have stealth Mastery (also retroactively exains the one girl from III escaping via flashback), second gets what I listed before.

Works for me, the only thing I'd change is that for the 9-B bit I'd have "(Became stronger after his resurrection.)" after the skull crush and door break bits, and for the keys I'd change it to "Human Jason (Part II) | Human Jason (Parts III and IV)"

Seems fine to me, in his Human Jason (Part II) key he should have Peak Human Physical Characteristics in his P&A

Why is Part III being ignored in that sandbox?
I'm not ignoring the movie since half the justifications come from that it, I just listed the second key as Part Aiv since it's the last one chronologically.

I can Parts III and IV if everyone feels that's better though.

I feel like that's just objectively more clear rather than not including Part III at all. Like, that Sandbox IS, by all intents and purposes, ignoring Part III by not mentioning it, even though Part IV is a direct sequel (one of the most direct sequels in F13's long line of them) to Part III.

For anyone unfamiliar to the series it would just look like there's a Part missing, they'd go "Why does it go from II to IV? Where is III?"

I've updated it with the Part III mention.

How does it look now?

Looks good, though I feel like the regen brackets should also mention that he was gonna come back from this if Tommy hadn't finished him off. Some people say that's just his corpse twitching, but the movements look more deliberate rather than just a body's usual final movements before death.

We also have a regen feat from Part II on the Parts III and IV tabber, shouldn't that also go to Part II's?

I put it in the 3/4 tabber since he likely died and revived from that injury. So it would be his amplified Part III self who healed the wound rather than Part II Jason.

This might sound silly, but if Jason consistently gets stronger each time he resurrects, wouldn't that suggest reactive evolution? And if it happens in that short a time it might even be combat applicable.

Afaik the shortest time was Part II to III since I think it was under an hour. The longest known one was FvJvA:NW where decapitation took about half a night.

Human Jason seemingly can't easily come back from brain damage and Undead Jason has an upper limit in terms of bodily damage going by Part IX

Do this or the Myers profile include different, branching canons or is it a single continuity? Sorry for asking on a CRT but I was curious if it could be used for a verse I had interest in.

More pertinently, though idk Friday 13th well this seems like good work, nicely done.

Do this or the Myers profile include different, branching canons or is it a single continuity? Sorry for asking on a CRT but I was curious if it could be used for a verse I had interest in.

More pertinently, though idk Friday 13th well this seems like good work, nicely done.
Jason has always for the most part, been one continuity

Do this or the Myers profile include different, branching canons or is it a single continuity?
For Friday the 13th, minus the 2009 Reboot, all films fall in one timeline from 1970-something to 2455.

For extra material the comics fit the established timeline, as do both the novelizations and Jason X books. But the five novels for Undead Jason as considered non-canon due to breaking film canon.

wouldn't that suggest reactive evolution?
I can add reactive evolution to it I suppose. Though only Jason X has it in terms of combat applications. The other Jason's can maybe pull it off once in a fight with a generous timelimit but if gored they can't come back.

since he likely died and revived from that injury
Are we 100% sure it killed him? Not sure if there's a script or a novelization somewhere but I always assumed it simply knocked him out. After all, being stabbed through the shoulder isn't gonna be fatal for most.

Are we 100% sure it killed him?
It has to have, since the novelization mentioned he had died more times than once before Part VI. That only leaves his death in Part II and III.

After all, being stabbed
Tbf it went into his lung. I included thr gif in the second human Jason key and it goes into his ribcage with the slash.

I mean it may have gone into his lung, it's unclear... It may not necessarily have reached that far, but if there are implications of multiple deaths, I'm fine with that being the case.

The brackets should specify that he had that level of healing factor in Part II as per that feat but probably got better after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back