• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Human Jason Voorhees P&A revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may not necessarily have reached that far, but if there are implications of multiple deaths, I'm fine with that being the case.
I'm basing it off the Part VI thing and the novel of Part II saying this about the damage
Ginny scrambled for the machete as Jason forced Paul down onto the floor, pinning him with his knees. He retrieved the pickaxe and raised it high over his head so he could murder Paul. But, at that precise moment, Ginny lunged at him, bringing the machete down with all her might. She swung it like a butcher’s maul, putting everything she had into the stroke. The blade whistled through the air and buried itself deep in Jason’s shoulder, chopping through the trapezius muscle and the collar bone, almost separating his entire left arm and shoulder from his body. He did not utter a sound. He stiffened and then fell over to his side, sprawling on the floor with the machete imbedded deeply in his upper body. He lay, utterly still.
Like its some rather serious damage, even if it didn't reach the lung like I had thought.
The brackets should specify that he had that level of healing factor in Part II as per that feat but probably got better after that.
Its a weird case since like, if it killed him then the regeneration would belong to the Part III and IV keys and not the Part II key.

What I meant is moreso that since he could heal to such an extent after his very first resurrection, it does justify it getting better and better as the series goes on, and that should be mentioned in the brackets.

The passage in the novel doesn't mention a lung but that's still a lot of damage, and the damage he sustains in Parts III and IV, having sharp objects like machetes and axes go through his head and brain and remain alive shows that his healing factor improves, not just his strength and durability. From that point forward, "zombie" Jason more or less eats for breakfast the kind of damage that would've temporarily or permanently put him down as a "human".

yeah, heck, even between 3 and 4, he's much more tankier, taking a WAY worse machete wound in the head than his axe wound (literally nearly having the entire top of his head chopped off almost), and was literally about to get back up only a few seconds later if it wasn't for Tommy Reaper Ult'ing on him

Also don't mind me, just quietly taking notes for my Michael Myers vs Jason Vorhees project...

What I meant is moreso that since he could heal to such an extent after his very first resurrection, it does justify it getting better and better as the series goes on, and that should be mentioned in the brackets.
So like what? This:
I would give the first Human Jason bracket Regeneration but I don't think he ever shows it.

Unless like, not drowning counts as regen in some way.

So like what? This:

I would give the first Human Jason bracket Regeneration but I don't think he ever shows it.

Unless like, not drowning counts as regen in some way.
theoretically it COULD count, since drowning does internal damage to the body, and being submerged under water for an extended period of time is also damaging to a corpse. Kind of like how Wolverine and other characters survive drowning once their bodies are fished out of the water.

Oh wait no, I did find this passage from the Part II novel from Jason's POV:
Even as a child, Jason was unusual. No one ever saw him smile. He never gurgled with delight at the birthday colored mobile that was hung above his crib or at the toys that he was given. He never screamed when he needed to be changed and he never displayed no reaction whatsoever when his first teeth came in. He acted as though he didn’t feel the pain. He never woke his mother in the middle of the night with crying. Sometimes, feeling the anxiety that every mother of a newborn child feels, Pamela Voorhees would awaken at night and tiptoe to the baby’s room, just to reassure herself that there was nothing wrong. She would look down into the crib and see her infant Jason lying on his bed, a eyes wide open, staring at her. He never made a sound.
For a while, She was afraid that there might be something wrong with him- that perhaps he was autistic, one of those tragic children who were withdrawn into their own secret silent world. But Jason was not withdrawn. He noticed everything. His reactions were unusually quick and sharp. He was incredibly alert and his senses were remarkable acute. He grew strong quickly and he never became ill.
Jason’s memories of what happened on the night he drowned were very dim. He remembered being frightened as his legs ide lt up and he started to slip beneath the surface of the lake. He had a vague memory of struggling to stay afloat- of water rushing down his throat and filling up his lung.

He could recall the terrifying sensation of sinking down into the murky lake. The fading light. The roaring in his ears. And then...nothing. At some point, consciousness returned but he had no way of telling how much time had passed. He came to on the shore, covered from head to toe with mud and slime. Apparently, having dragged himself out of the lake somehow, he coughed up water for a very long time.

He remembered laying in the bushes and retching, vomiting up slimy worms and maggot as his Sie fought its way back to life. It never occurred to him to wonder what it was that made him different from the others. Why they shrank from him as rabbits shrank from snakes. He never asked himself why he was always healthy. Why the slight injuries of childhood had always healed so quickly. He had never broken any bones. So no one ever had the opportunity to notice the supernatural way his body could repair itself. Pamela Voorhees never questioned it. Just as she never questioned his peculiar silence. A mother loves her child. She was simply grateful for having been blessed with a healthy little boy. Like father, like son. It did not occur to Jason Voorhees to wonder just how long he had been underwater. He merely dragged himself deeper into the woods. Some primitive urge driving him to find a hole somewhere that he could crawl into- a dark place where he could rest and heal and wait until he could think of what to do.

After a while, he returned back to the camp. His simple mind telling him that perhaps it was what he was supposed to do. Only there was no longer anybody there. The season had ended and the camp was closed. He broke into several of the cabins and found some cans of food and some old clothes for himself. In the process, he happened to catch sight of himself in a mirror and he recoiled in horror from the image that confronted him. He had been at the bottom of the lake for much longer than he realized. His flesh was trying to regenerate and heal itself but decomposition had set in. The worms had eaten at his face.

He fled into the woods, terrified of his own reflection. After a while, he found a sack and cut some holes in it then put it over his head and tied it down around his neck so that he wouldn’t have to see the grotesque thing he had become if he saw his reflection in the lake.

He had no idea what to do or where to go. He wondered why his mother didn’t come for him. He was afraid to leave the vicinity of the lake, for that was where he’d seen her last and he didn’t want to miss her if she came looking for him. He didn’t want to get in trouble. He lived like an animal- hiding in the woods, avoiding people, killing small creatures for food. He was vaguely aware of time passing though his days became an endless succession of wandering in the woods and foraging. He was aware of feeling cold as winter came. He took shelter in the cabins at the camp and huddled before fires he built inside the hearths. He had learned to make fires in camp, though several times he did it wrong let the flames get out of control, burning down a couple of the cabins before he got the hang of it.
So with the following..... random piece of lore written in 1988 that somehow randomly aligns with all future material we can give Jason the following powers
  • Pain Inhibition: Never felt pain as a child and never once screamed or cried even as a baby. Parts III and IV he can just get his shown feats of taking machete hits with only some grunts
  • Regeneration: Mid-Low (Never suffered from broken bones as a child due to his healing factor. Healed from having worms eat his face and years of decay from being under Crystal Lake)
Here's book screenshots for anyone who thinks this like, a weird play on my part.

Last edited:
Actually since he vomited up worms its possibly we should make his regen (Mid-Low, likely High-Low) since that implies internal organ damage that he would need to recover from.

So like what?
I meant more like (Healed from X wound in Part II, healed from X wound in Part III and later healed from X in Part IV. His healing factor improves with each resurrection.)

Actually since he vomited up worms its possibly we should make his regen (Mid-Low, likely High-Low) since that implies internal organ damage that he would need to recover from.
Agreed on this addition.

Would he also get Type 3 or would it solely be limited to Type 4?

I think the minimum regeneration to have type 3 immortality is Low-Mid, and Jason has Mid-Low likely High-Low in his human form

Gotcha. Then I'll remove Type 4 from Undead Jason and move that to the first key.

EDIT: I've made the changes. Anything else I need to do or we good to go?

Last edited:
Reactive Evolution should be for Part II as well, he was the one that got the most drastic boost in power that gave us Part III Jason. Given the wide array of weapons he uses, he should also have Weapon Mastery.

I forgot that the Weapon Mastery CRT never left the planning stages.

Yeah I'll add that in for Part II.

Hasn't his Part 2 incarnation already resurrected, after drowning as a child? If so, his strength in the second film is likely due to that, meaning he should have had reactive evolution even back then.

If so, his strength in the second film is likely due to that, meaning he should have had reactive evolution even back then.
Yeah, I've added both powers to his first key and removed it from the second key.

Undead Jason still has Resurrection listed since that incarnation has recovered from damage that was beyond Human Jason's capacity to resurrect from, since he has come back from total decapitation within 12 hours vs like ten years from far less severe head trauma for Human Jason.

Actually I'll add the one script scene mentioning Jason still possibly being alive for the Part IV regen section.

Okay so I've added Resurrection and Reactive Evolution to Part II Jason along with the mention to Part IV's hint that Jason was beginning to come back before Tommy further attack him for Parts III & IV.

The reactive evolution was brought to the table by the fact that he gets stronger each time he resurrects, but I notice he seems to get stronger after surviving and regenerating as well. Maybe his reactive evolution is sort of like zenkai boosts in Dragon Ball. Maybe he comes back stronger when he almost dies, as well as when he actually dies and subsequently resurrects. Maybe he doesn't have to actually die to come back stronger.

Edit: another thought, he seems to grow stronger after every severe blow he takes. And his purpose in the world is to be a vengeful spirit, avenging his own death. Could he be getting stronger due to the damage itself, or maybe getting angrier and more vengeful, and growing stronger from that?

Technically speaking his rage is a mixture of angry Native American spirits, bullying and a coping mechanism he learned from his mother that eventually morphed into a total hatred of all living creatures.

notice he seems to get stronger after surviving and regenerating as well.
I think that Jason's resurrection can be triggered by things his regen can naturally overcome. So they can bleed together at times. But the point is that he does die for a bit before he revives himself from limbo.

Afaik only Über-Jason has an explicit note about him naturally adapting to threats to become stronger without needing to die.

Is that comic book with all the native American spirits canon? It featured lots of things that never appeared elsewhere, like the spirits grabbing one of the campers, and the spirits standing on the water just for a scary visual.

It's canon in the sense it doesn't contradict anything.

But just for film canon and adjacent stuff Jason seems to have had a mental shift from "Killing person who killed mom" to "Kill people who reminds me of the original camp councilors" to "Kill anyone who steps foot onto Crystal Lake" to "Pathological hatred of all life" steadily from Part II to X.

Is that comic book with all the native American spirits canon? It featured lots of things that never appeared elsewhere, like the spirits grabbing one of the campers, and the spirits standing on the water just for a scary visual.
It should theoretically be canon, it doesnt contradict anything and even gets similar feats in Jason takes Manhattan, as visions of his child self appears several times and even attacks the main girl.

Maybe. What scenes are you thinking about? Like when he gets his neck broken in Part IV?
Apologies, it's been years since I saw a Friday the 13th film. What I mean is he usually comes back with better feats than before, and it doesn't seem as if he always dies. The neck break is a good example, yes, since he clearly shouldn't die from that. I'm also not sure he truly died all the other times he was brought down. Ultimately Jason is never completely dead anyway, so it's hard to be sure.

I'm also not sure he truly died all the other times he was brought down.
From the look he goes to limbo until his body can restore itself. Sometimes it's quick and sometimes it take years.

It probably depends on the severity of the damage. But the canon intention is that those were seemingly deaths.

Apologies, it's been years since I saw a Friday the 13th film. What I mean is he usually comes back with better feats than before, and it doesn't seem as if he always dies. The neck break is a good example, yes, since he clearly shouldn't die from that. I'm also not sure he truly died all the other times he was brought down. Ultimately Jason is never completely dead anyway, so it's hard to be sure.
Admittedly him growing stronger after each 'resurrection' has some credence to it, but he takes so many severe blows that don't really result in him getting stronger in other parts of the franchise (or even the movies, like when he's consumed by toxic waste in Part VIII) that I'm not sure it's quite that zenkai-esque. Jason isn't quite THAT broken.

He can also be jumpstarted by outside sources too, with the most obvious ones being Frankenstein'd (this has happened at least twice in the movies and a third time in the books, when a evangelical cult brought him back to life as the second coming of Jesus) and Freddy tampering, so it's basically like a computer going into sleep mode to conserve power.

a cult did what
It's a pretty rad book honestly, but they dig up Jason and crucified him in their church, hooked him up to jumper cables and gave one of those crazy westboro style speeches and then electrified him to his body was a blackened husk to bring him back as the "second coming" to destroy all the sinners and the MOMENT, he woke up, he basically killed EVERYONE in the church, and then fought a swat team, before being blown up by a barrage from a grenade launcher Mr. X style (though they couldn't find his body for obvious reasons)

They viewed Jason as an angel of God sent to destroy the sinners of the world. The book is a good F13 story, though I believe it's contradicts the canon.

For the topic at hand is the draft ready to apply now?

There's also the time he led an army of serial killers out of hell to terrorize a city and college campus, that was pretty rad too, and we get a real long and detailed look and explanation of how Hell works and some particularly gory kills (like when Jason slowly pushed a laser pointer into a mans eye.

I have officially applied the changes.

I'll leave this open in case anyone spots something I missed or got wrong, but I'll close the thread after a day or so.

I got all those images for Jason's page, the only proper renders we could get are from the 2018 game and even those aren't all in the best quality nor fit 100% with what we see on film (some correct mistakes like Part IX's eye). It'd be extremely difficult to find renders for him from all the movies, hence why I went with the images we have.

I don't think every page needs renders, but that's why I have the 2018 game renders on the gallery (unless somebody removed them), in case someone wants to see the full appearances of those Jasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back