• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jason Voorhees - Profile Update and addition of alternate versions

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Special thanks to @Dark-Carioca

About a year ago I made this thread, promptly forgot about it and it died. But this time I've actually done work!

In addition, even if the above isn't acceptable, I do think the wording for Jason's note should be changed. Currently it is this:
Note: This is a composite profile utilizing Jason's appearances in supplementary media such as comics, novels, and all his movie appearances.
The note is fine, but it's using outdated terminology. In addition considering we do have different versions of Jason listed it's important to explain why they're separated. So here's my proposal:
Note: Since Friday the 13th lacks an official canon policy, the wiki is currently working off the proposal discussed here [Link the this thread]. Essentially the movies are treated as the primary and main canon, with secondary material being useable if it does not contradict the primary canon. This means that while works like the Jason X novels or certain comics are used in the profile, other media such as the NES video game or certain novels like Hate-Kill-Repeat are not listed, as they contradict the movies in some capacity and it was determined that they should not be included.

Any thoughts regarding the proposed changes?

As a minor heads up there's three changes I forgot to include:
  • Jason X should be 9-A, likely 8-C
  • BlackFlame Jason should link to Canon Jason for pre-Part VIII scaling
  • Intangibility will double as matter manipulation

Jason X should be 9-A, likely 8-C
I was about to bring that up actually, but you beat me to it. Yeah, I think that should be applied to the key given Clone Jason's stuff

Never heard of Black Flame before, but based on the other thread you linked, it seems like a similar case to those weird Halloween comics that did weird timelime blending stuff and narrative contradictions. Basically what I'm saying is that making a separate profile for those seems good

I'm in favour of the proposals

Never heard of Black Flame before, but based on the other thread you linked, it seems like a similar case to those weird Halloween comics that did weird timelime blending stuff and narrative contradictions. Basically what I'm saying is that making a separate profile for those seems good
From the novels everything up to Part VI and VII are confirmed as happening. Everything after that point is up in the air. So if there's any backscaling for BF Jason it would only be up to those movies with no other EU material like comics.

I agree with the proposal, though it would be better to add references to the changed part of these Jason's profile.

For Canon Jason, his Reactive Evolution might be better as Accelerated Development because the justification says
And there is a note in Reactive Evolution page:
Developing greater statistics. However, if this is the only way in which they "evolve", then Accelerated Development should be given instead to avoid redundancy.

Back