• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vice President of the literature club vs Paranormal Investigator (Sayori vs Randolph Carter)

They start near each other according to SBA, and those weapons need to be literally next to her for her to go and throw them at him. And again, why are you assuming he won't fight back? Why can't he throw knives at her? Or attack her with an axe, or a chair, or something else?

This genuinely feels like there's some bias here, but whatever. I vote Carter, and it's final.

They start near each other according to SBA, and those weapons need to be literally next to her for her to go and throw them at him. And again, why are you assuming he won't fight back? Why can't he throw knives at her? Or attack her with an axe, or a chair, or something else?

This genuinely feels like there's some bias here, but whatever. I vote Carter, and it's final.

because he doesn't have knowledge of the school

I've never played DDLC and I don't give a shit about CM, so I've got no bias lol.

Sayori is younger and has more stamina so she'll be able to escape if necessary, and again she knows the layout of the school so she'll be able to get to what she needs faster, and hide for a surprise attack if necessary.

let's break it down.

they start at close range due to SBA.

stamina isn't going to be a factor early on and for a while due to both being boosted by adrenaline due to being in a death match. stamina issues would not be a factor because this fight realistically is not going to last long enough for it to become an issue.

Sayori escaping at close range from a much taller person with longer reach and is in good physical condition is unlikely.

Sayori gets one shotted most likely if she gets hit. and if not, she'd definitely be down for the count since shed at least be knocked to the ground and disorientated.

most weapons would be blunt and not practical in a fight. Sayori would have to get an axe and a knife. an axe would be in a common knowledge place. and Carter could still dodge an untrained hit from a clumsy weak girl and tackle her, resulting in him winning. or he could run away to find something to defend with against the axe. and sayori would be hard pressed to catch up due to carrying around a heavy fire axe.

her only wincon is getting a knife before Carter catches her and assuming he doesn't find something by that time to defend himself with. and hell he still has a chance of winning even if she has a knife if she stabs him in a non vital place and he uses that to his advantage and tackles her.

he wins the majority.

let's break it down.

stamina isn't going to be a factor early on and for a while due to both being boosted by adrenaline due to being in a death match. stamina issues would not be a factor because this fight realistically is not going to last long enough for it to become an issue.

Sayori escaping at close range from a much taller person with longer reach and is in good physical condition is unlikely.

Sayori gets one shotted most likely if she gets hit. and if not, she'd definitely be down for the count since shed at least be knocked to the ground and disorientated.

most weapons would be blunt and not practical in a fight. Sayori would have to get an axe and a knife. an axe would be in a common knowledge place. and Carter could still dodge an untrained hit from a clumsy weak girl and tackle her, resulting in him winning. or he could run away to find something to defend with against the axe. and sayori would be hard pressed to catch up due to carrying around a heavy fire axe.

her only wincon is getting a knife before Carter catches her and assuming he doesn't find something by that time to defend himself with.

he wins the majority.

if we want to make things fair. can i make the distance a bit longer?

nah it's just trying to make it more even.
you're basically just trying to reach an incon at this point or giving Sayori the win from the looks of it. home field adavntage is such a big advantage that it turns this match from being a 10/10 curbstomp every time, to Carter simply winning the majority. leave it as it is.

Correct.
tamina isn't going to be a factor early on and for a while due to both being boosted by adrenaline due to being in a death match. stamina issues would not be a factor because this fight realistically is not going to last long enough for it to become an issue.
Elaborate why the fight wouldn't last long?
Just because Carter is physically stronger doesn't mean that Sayori still isn't a nimble young adult female, escaping from him won't be an issue.
She isn't going to get hit due to logically being nimbler and her stamina advantage, which is going to hinder Carter in the long run.
If that is the case she had plenty of places to hide due to knowing the school better. Carter has no knowledge, so, if she can get far away from him, she'll have a decent amount of prep time to get things such as pencils to stab him, desks to help block him, and again, knives to throw at him or attack him with.

Correct.

Just because Carter is physically stronger doesn't mean that Sayori still isn't a nimble young adult female, escaping from him won't be an issue.

She isn't going to get hit due to logically being nimbler and her stamina advantage, which is going to hinder Carter in the long run.

If that is the case she had plenty of places to hide due to knowing the school better. Carter has no knowledge, so, if she can get far away from him, she'll have a decent amount of prep time to get things such as pencils to stab him, desks to help block him, and again, knives to throw at him or attack him with.

alright.

this clearly isnt going to be a marathon of running through every floor of the school building. Carter either catches her immediately in the beginning or there's a chase for a bit until him or Sayori or both find a weapon and end things. adrenaline would make their stamina last even longer too at the cost of extra exhaustion at the end of the fight aka after its over and it has worn off. but that's irrelevant,

it states in her profile that shes clumsy. lmao

She isn't going to get hit due to logically being nimbler and her stamina advantage, which is going to hinder Carter in the long run
says her weakness is being clumsy. stamina is not a factor until they start running out of it. stamina isnt speed. Carter has longer reach and could catch her immediately. especially when the fight starts at a small distance in a cramped school.

If that is the case she had plenty of places to hide due to knowing the school better.
she has to escape from Carter in the first place and gain such a large distance that she can effectively hide from him. youre really reaching here.

so, if she can get far away from him
she won't. there is no reason to assume that she could. carter is fighting a 18 year old clumsy girl, not sonic.

she'll have a decent amount of prep time to get things such as pencils to stab him
because carter is going to die from getting stabbed with a pencil from a weak little girl. really dude? pencils aren't even sharp. and they are so small that shed have to hit an extremely vital area without carter dodging or blocking her strike and countering. realistically he would just tackle her before she does anything or simply punch her while avoiding her strike. a man of his profession is clearly far more experience. and if she stabbed him in a non-vital area, it wouldnt be a deep wound in the first place. it would leave her fully open too to getting grabbed and stomped out by Carter.

desks to help block him,
great. a free desk for Carter to launch at her like a football and knock her on her ass, resulting in him catching up and one shotting her.

knives to throw at him or attack him with.
sayori isnt call of duty elite knife throw headshotting carter. that takes insane skill to even do properly, let alone hit a vital area.

this clearly isnt going to be a marathon of running through every floor of the school building. Carter either catches her immediately in the beginning or there's a chase for a bit until him or Sayori or both find a weapon and end things. adrenaline would make their stamina last even longer too at the cost of extra exhaustion at the end of the fight aka after its over and it has worn off. but that's irrelevant,
Carter isn't going to be able to catch her, that's the thing. I've made it clear Sayori is far younger and completely healthy, running away isn't that hard.
it states in her profile that shes clumsy. lmao
Being clumsy doesn't mean your a dumbass lol. If this is a fight to death, why wouldn't Sayori be able to run away?
she won't. there is no reason to assume that she could. carter is fighting a 18 year old clumsy girl, sonic.
My name isn't sonic. It's a fight to the death, the weakness honestly doesn't factor in when as you've said, they'll both be pumped up by the adrenaline.
because carter is going to die from getting stabbed with a pencil from a weak little girl. really dude? pencils aren't even sharp. and they are so small that shed have to hit an extremely vital area without carter dodging or blocking her strike and countering. realistically he would just tackle her before she does anything or simply punch her while avoiding her strike. a man of his profession is clearly far more experience. and if she stabbed him in a non-vital area, it wouldnt be a deep wound in the first place. it would leave her fully open too to getting grabbed and stomped out by Carter.
I never said it was going to kill him, but it will hinder him if she stabs hard enough, which she will, as bloodlust yadayada. Sayori can also dodge, yknow? Realistically she would, as realism seems to be your cup o' tea. What exactly is Carter's profession that gives him such an advantage? Also, nimble teenage girl, bloodlusted, full of adrenaline from fight to death, clumsiness isn't really a factor. Also, Carter can't throw desks like rockets, he isn't a ******* body-builder.
sayori isnt call of duty elite knife throw headshotting carter. that takes insane skill to even do properly, let alone hit a vital area.
Then she just ******* stabs him, stabbing people isn't that ******* hard dude. If she gets close, Sayori will either: stab him, kick him in his nuts, and continue stabbing him lol.

Last edited:
Carter isn't going to be able to catch her, that's the thing. I've made it clear Sayori is far younger and completely healthy, running away isn't that hard.

Being clumsy doesn't mean your a dumbass lol. If this is a fight to death, why wouldn't Sayori be able to run away?

My name isn't sonic. It's a fight to the death, the weakness honestly doesn't factor in when as you've said, they'll both be pumped up by the adrenaline.

I never said it wasn't going to kill him, but it will hinder him if she stabs hard enough, which she will, as bloodlust yadayada. Sayori can also dodge, yknow? Realistically she would, as realism seems to be your cup o' tea. What exactly is Carter's profession that gives him such an advantage? Also, nimble teenage girl, bloodlusted, full of adrenaline from fight to death, clumsiness isn't really a factor. Also, Carter can't throw desks like rockets, he isn't a ******* body-builder.

Then she just ******* stabs him, stabbing people isn't that ******* hard dude. If she gets close, Sayori will either: stab him, kick him in his nuts, and continue stabbing him lol.
ugh...

Being younger isn't doing much at close range in a small cramped school, with a 50 year old that's in better shape due to his profession. she isnt outrunning him forever, let alone gaining enough distance to hide like you claim.

it does to an extent. but it also means she could trip and fall easily. especially in an intense situation like that.

that was a typo. i corrected it to "not sonic." hes fighting an 18 year old girl, not sonic. and yes I know they'll both be pumped by adrenaline. that's why im not arguing for sayori tiring out either.

I never said it wasn't going to kill him, but it will hinder him if she stabs hard enough, which she will, as bloodlust yadayada.
a pencil is not a sharp object at all. it would leave a very light wound and simply piss off the adrenaline pumped enemy. and its coming from a physically weak young girl making it even less effective. hes not going to give up an opportunity of her leaving herself wide open point blank in front of him. she attacks him with a pencil and she dies. and pencils are so plentiful that Carter could easily grab one too.

Sayori can also dodge, yknow?
not if she's committing to a hard strike to try and stun him with a pencil. and carter has longer reach and could even stay out of range of her mostly while being able to hit her.

Realistically she would, as realism seems to be your cup o' tea. What exactly is Carter's profession that gives him such an advantage?
Carter's profession requires some physical demanding stuff like the stone feat mentioned earlier by Ovy. he's clearly in good shape.

Also, nimble teenage girl, bloodlusted, full of adrenaline from fight to death, clumsiness isn't really a factor.
how is it now a factor? Clumsiness can come from many things like being in bad physical condition or not thinking properly. a fight doesnt change this. why would it be mentioned as a weakness on her profile on a battle wiki then?

Also, Carter can't throw desks like rockets, he isn't a ******* body-builder.

single seater japanese school desk are light as hell and could be lifted by a child. the football thing was just a figure of speech to describe him launching it at her hard enough to knock her on her ass hard.

she has to get through all of the issues I mentioned earlier on post #124, which she isnt in all likelyhood.

@Bernkastelll intelligence comes in different forms and being smart doesn't exempt one from being clumsy in a fight.

Being younger isn't doing much at close range in a small cramped school, with a 50 year old that's in better shape due to his profession. she isnt outrunning him forever, let alone gaining enough distance to hide like you claim.
How is her school cramped, is that just a trend for Japanese schools I don't know about? She's gonna outrun him long enough for Carter to lose his stamina.
it does to an extent. but it also means she could trip and fall easily. especially in an intense situation like that.
Clumsiness isn't some all-destroying intelligence thingy, Sayori will literally be running for her life, tripping is very unlikely.
that was a typo. i corrected it to "not sonic." hes fighting an 18 year old girl, not sonic. and yes I know they'll both be pumped by adrenaline. that's why im not arguing for sayori tiring out either.
I mean if you want to be an annoying dick, that's fine with me :/ There really isn't a response for this, as it isn't an argument.
not if she's committing to a hard strike to try and stun him with a pencil. and carter has longer reach and could even stay out of range of her mostly while being able to hit her.
Or with literally any object she can get her hands on in a classroom such as a textbook or a ******* whole pencil sharpener if she needs to. Or a desk that she can also use to knock the shit out of Carter, since apparently Japanese desks can be lifted by children.
how is it now a factor? Clumsiness can come from many things like being in bad physical condition or not thinking properly. a fight doesnt change this. why would it be mentioned as a weakness on her profile on a battle wiki then?
I'm saying it isn't a factor in this fight due to the intense situation, which will enhance her focus most likely, it happens with all humans.
single seater japanese school desk are light as hell and could be lifted by a child. the football thing was just a figure of speech to describe him launching it at her hard enough to knock her on her ass hard.
Addressed this, Sayori can do it as well.
she has to get through all of the issues I mentioned earlier on post #124, which she isnt in all likelyhood
K.

That was my last post, this argument is tiring and will most likely go in circles soon. If Carter or Sayori wins or not, I don't really care.

How is her school cramped, is that just a trend for Japanese schools I don't know about? She's gonna outrun him long enough for Carter to lose his stamina.

Clumsiness isn't some all-destroying intelligence thingy, Sayori will literally be running for her life, tripping is very unlikely.

I mean if you want to be an annoying dick, that's fine with me :/ There really isn't a response for this, as it isn't an argument.

Or with literally any object she can get her hands on in a classroom such as a textbook or a ******* whole pencil sharpener if she needs to. Or a desk that she can also use to knock the shit out of Carter, since apparently Japanese desks can be lifted by children.

I'm saying it isn't a factor in this fight due to the intense situation, which will enhance her focus most likely, it happens with all humans.

K.
sigh...

schools in general for the most part.

im bringing it up as a counter to you arguing that shes nimble, which she has no feats of and has evidence to the contrary.

annoying dick? you responded to me first in a smug fashion calling me a wanker and you simply paid the price. and I dont see how this specific comment of mine is rude either. im saying you are massively exaggerating sayori's speed and that she is not sonic. dont see how that makes me a dick but ok.

Or with literally any object she can get her hands on in a classroom such as a textbook or a ******* whole pencil sharpener if she needs to.

how in the actual **** is that shit stunning or hurting anyone? are you for real dude?

Or a desk that she can also use to knock the shit out of Carter, since apparently Japanese desks can be lifted by children.

a weak teenage girl throwing a desk isnt doing much to her pursuer. especially since she'd have to take all that time to slow down, pick it up, then throw it, all while her pursuer is right behind her and would likely tackle her the moment she stops moving at all.

intense fights can also cause panic and as a result make one more clumsy. this is especially likely for a teenage girl who is physically outmatched to hell and back and will be the one running.

and I mentioned all the problems that would come along with her doing it as opposed to carter.

annoying dick? you responded to me first in a smug fashion calling me a wanker and you simply paid the price. and I dont see how this specific comment of mine is rude. im saying you are massively exaggerating sayori's speed and that she is not sonic.
Gonna address this, I was never smug to you. If you wank, someone is gonna call you a wanker. Don't be a child.

But I'm not gonna discuss that here. If you want us to constantly insult each other, let's bring it to my profile or a conversation, more private that way.

Gonna address this, I was never smug to you. If you wank, someone is gonna call you a wanker. Don't be a child.

But I'm not gonna discuss that here. If you want us to constantly insult each other, let's bring it to my profile or a conversation, more private that way.
you're the only one being a child. it's an insult nonetheless. especially since you provided no argument in your first comment calling me a wanker and said that alone. you just went out of your way to say only that originally. not like I care, but don't pretend you're innocent here. i've been debating you. that's all there is to it. you're the only one getting mad and were the first one to call me a swear word. again, I don't give a shit what you call me. but look in the mirror before you make such accusations. it shows you're the one that has been aggressive. i have no idea why people get so emotionally charged over fictional characters, one of which being a waifu. you've been overly hostile from the beginning and i've been quite tame in comparison.

regardless, this is derailing. i think we're done here.

Last edited:
you're the only one being a child. it's an insult nonetheless. especially since you provided no argument and said that alone. you just went out of your way to say only that originally. not like I care, but don't pretend you're innocent here. i've been debating you. that's all there is to it. you're the only one getting mad and were the first one to call me a swear word. again, I don't care. but look in the mirror before you make such accusations.

regardless, this is derailing. i think we're done here.
Provided no argument? Bro, I've been debating you the whole time lol. I just stopped because eventually this is going to go in circles, and I don't want to participate in that. I honestly don't care if I'm innocent or not, and if your upset that I called you an asshole and a dick then I'm sorry you've never been called an asshole or a dick.

But yeah, this is derailing. Don't quote this, and if you respond, do it on my profile or in a conversation. Do whatever you want here, I need food.

How is Sayori going to outrun Carter to get weapons if the guy has a height advantage on her as well as a fairly significant strength one? Unless they start in completely different rooms he is probably going to rush her and beat her senseless without really giving her a chance to escape or fight back

Moreover, why is everyone behaving that her being more familiar with the school's layout means that she knows where every single potential weapon is and can locate them instantly?

How is Sayori going to outrun Carter to get weapons if the guy has a height advantage on her as well as a fairly significant strength one? Unless they start in completely different rooms he is probably going to rush her and beat her senseless without really giving her a chance to escape or fight back

Moreover, why is everyone behaving that her being more familiar with the school's layout means that she knows where every single potential weapon is and can locate them instantly?

It’s the DDLC SCHOOL aka the one from the game

Speed is equalized

Provided no argument? Bro, I've been debating you the whole time lol. I just stopped because eventually this is going to go in circles, and I don't want to participate in that. I honestly don't care if I'm innocent or not, and if your upset that I called you an asshole and a dick then I'm sorry you've never been called an asshole or a dick.

But yeah, this is derailing. Don't quote this, and if you respond, do it on my profile or in a conversation. Do whatever you want here, I need food.
Even so this is uncalled and rude to calling him a**hole and d**k

Voting for Carter for reasons RandomGuy and Ovy brought up.

Also hilarious thread. Carter should win just by the virtue of being an intelligent guy with 50 years of experience. Not to mention he has pretty high willpower. Teenage girls aren't superhuman lol

Back