• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verses without an actual name

Bobsican

He/Him
I feel like making a list of all the verses we have that are named after whoever writes it or owns the series (plus the word "verse" at the end), rather than actually having a name, even if it´s just based on the main character(s).

For example, Masadaverse, Nasuverse

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
We should rename Cthulhu Mythos Lovecraft
Everyone and their mother refers to the verse just as "Chtulhu Mythos", I don't really see the point.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
This one Russian verse which was deleted also had it.
If you are referring to that weird Russian Book about Computer Programs, with multiple Tier 1s and a Tier 0, it actually had a name. It was called "Cryptozoi" or something.

DMB 1 said:
ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Everyone and their mother refers to the verse just as "Chtulhu Mythos", I don't really see the point.
How are you even meant to spell Chtulthu Mythos to begin with?

I can´t pronounce it, and even if English was my native language, I doubt I could easily pronounce it right.

Lovecraft, however, is clearly far easier.

GyroNutz said:
It's not a thing yet, but Professor Layto's verse is named after him.
Same for Mr. Nutz (Verse), cept it's a thing
"rather than actually having a name, even if it´s just based on the main character(s)."

In other words, those don´t fit here really.

But maybe I´ll make another thread for that if this goes well.

Technically, Masadaverse is composed of Shinza Bansho (Paradise Lost, Dies Irae and Kajiri Kamui Kagura) and Senshinkanverse.

It's just we're lazy ass ***** and we grouped them all together under one banner

@ALRF: I actually suggested or thought out to Arian and Schro that maybe we could separate the two verses of Masada's works (Shinza and Senshinkan) and do it like that?

Seems a lot better to do or we could do what was done for Nasu's works and Sakurai's Steampunk series and do it that way even though that would make it really repetitive?

Idek. Just putting all of Shinza by itself and vice versa with Senshinkan on their own works fine enough for me (shrugs)

DMB 1 said:
Saikou The Lewd King said:
This one Russian verse which was deleted also had it.
If you are referring to that weird Russian Book about Computer Programs, with multiple Tier 1s and a Tier 0, it actually had a name. It was called "Cryptozoi" or something.
Golovachov-verse actually was a bunch of unrelated stories written by the same guy, as far as I know.

Apparently, another suggested name was "Yog-Sothoth Cycle of Myth", although nowadays it is most commonly known as simply "Cthulhu Mythos", because of the most popular story in the verse, The Call of Cthulhu.

Honestly, I never liked that Cthulhu got so much attention, he is basically just a random Great Old One that happen to be on Earth, he isn't even nearly as important to the verse itself as some other creatures.

Kaltias said:
There is the Puella Magi Verse. It isn't an official name, but it's related to the fact that "Puella Magi" is present in almost every manga/game related to PMMM
Again...

"rather than actually having a name, even if it´s just based on the main character(s)."

This is clearly one of those that fits the first one.

It's not based on the characters and this isn't its actual name though?

You won't find that name outside of VSBW because we decided to call it that way

By the way:

What do you think is a verse with an actual name?

So the request can be more accurate.

Bobsican said:
DMB 1 said:
ZacharyGrossman273 said:
How are you even meant to spell Chtulthu Mythos to begin with?
I can´t pronounce it, and even if English was my native language, I doubt I could easily pronounce it right.

Lovecraft, however, is clearly far easier.
"The name of the hellish entity was invented by beings whose vocal organs were not like man's, hence it has no relation to the human speech equipment. The syllables were determined by a physiological equipment wholly unlike ours, hence could never be uttered perfectly by human throats ... The actual sound -- as nearly as any human organs could imitate it or human letters record it -- may be taken as something like Khl├╗l'-hloo, with the first syllable pronounced gutturally and very thickly. The u is about like that in full; and the first syllable is not unlike klul in sound, hence the h represents the guttural thickness."

Back