• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VeneficaAuthor's 7-A/High 7-A Tourney (16/16 spots)

Yes, he only promised it by the end of this week

A whole week is long time to wait for the last spot 🗿
I agree, that's way too much. Can I submit my favorite anti-hero, Accelerator, in the Post-Headshot key (which has possibly 7-A with Vector Control, higher with Plasma Storm)? I watched full To Aru Majutsu No Index/Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun about 2 years ago

Although his hax (namely in defensive terms) is busted, in the Post-Headshot key he is nerfed in a way of being able to use his power only for 15 minutes (due to a small battery capacity on his neck allowing him so). That gives a win coin to those able to survive, yet unable to get through his passive Vector Manipulation applied to his body.

I agree, that's way too much. Can I submit my favorite anti-hero, Accelerator, in the Post-Headshot key (which has possibly 7-A with Vector Control, higher with Plasma Storm)? I watched full To Aru Majutsu No Index/Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun about 2 years ago

Although his hax (namely in defensive terms) is busted, in the Post-Headshot key he is nerfed in a way of being able to use his power only for 15 minutes (due to a small battery capacity on his neck allowing him so). That gives a win coin to those able to survive, yet unable to get through his passive Vector Manipulation applied to his body.
Wouldn't his vector stuff block all damages for the 15 mins? It also says he has law manip, I have a hard time imagining that everyone in the tourney could have at least one win con (ie Accelerator stomping most of competition)

Wouldn't his vector stuff block all damages for the 15 mins? It also says he has law manip, I have a hard time imagining that everyone in the tourney could have at least one win con (ie Accelerator stomping most of competition)
His limited Law Manip only makes Vector Manip possible, as "anime powers" shouldn't normally work in physics. Have a look at this. Also worth mentioning that base 9-B Kamijou Touma with only his right hand possessing Power Nullification was able to survive minutes (maybe tens of minutes) by mere dodging, and with minor help at the end he won against key1 Accelerator having no time restriction. His only offense was to deal hard 9-B punches to Accelerator with his single right fist, while his body was also Wall Level, and he still won in the end.

His limited Law Manip only makes Vector Manip possible, as "anime powers" shouldn't normally work in physics. Have a look at this. Also worth mentioning that base 9-B Kamijou Touma with only his right hand possessing Power Nullification was able to survive minutes (maybe tens of minutes) by mere dodging, and with minor help at the end he won against key1 Accelerator having no time restriction. His only offense was to deal hard 9-B punches to Accelerator with his single right fist, while his body was also Wall Level, and he still won in the end.
It also appears Kamijou used precog, how much of a factor was the precog? Would he be stomped without it?

It also appears Kamijou used precog, how much of a factor was the precog? Would he be stomped without it?
Seems like the precog goes from the side effect of the verse's science-based abilities, via:
"For example, when the Railgun used her ability, she would give off weak magnetic fields
and electromagnetic waves that would make the metal items around her resonate.
Because of the eventual large explosion, the Railgun herself probably wouldn’t notice
these tiny vibrations like an earthquake’s precursor."

This means anyone with good enough enhanced senses and physics understanding could gain precog against the Accelerator. But as the majority of Accelerator moves aren't even 7-A (for example the handgun viewed as a meme), I doubt you would be left to lose without precog or super luck (which Kamijou doesn't have, his power nullification instead destroys it, and he still survived). What helps Kamijou the best is Instinctive Action, which is more like a dodging on steroids, as he is forced to dodge the entire show he perfected it.

Seems like the precog goes from the side effect of the verse's science-based abilities, via:
"For example, when the Railgun used her ability, she would give off weak magnetic fields
and electromagnetic waves that would make the metal items around her resonate.
Because of the eventual large explosion, the Railgun herself probably wouldn’t notice
these tiny vibrations like an earthquake’s precursor."

This means anyone with good enough enhanced senses and physics understanding could gain precog against the Accelerator. But as the majority of Accelerator moves aren't even 7-A (for example the handgun viewed as a meme), I doubt you would be left to lose without precog or super luck (which Kamijou doesn't have, his power nullification instead destroys it, and he still survived). What helps Kamijou the best is Instinctive Action, which is more like a dodging on steroids, as he is forced to dodge the entire show he perfected it.
What does everyone think of adding him to last spot?

Think Maka’s key should be changed to Grigori Arc to Dark Side of the Moon Arc just so she and Soul have all their abilities and experience and so Maka doesn’t have to risk succumbing to madness the whole time.

Might not be able to reply for about an hour soon, so if one of my characters’ matches are made first, wait for me pls 🙏

Yo Vene when you make the bracket will you make sure the characters entered by the same person do not face off at round 1? For example Kryn vs Yekks means me vs me which would be very odd at Round 1💀

Yo Vene when you make the bracket will you make sure the characters entered by the same person do not face off at round 1? For example Kryn vs Yekks means me vs me which would be very odd at Round 1💀
I'm working on it, but it's been difficult juggling matches so far. I'm also assuring that no two submissions by someone are able to face off in the finals, so Kryn and Yekks are on the same side but wouldn't face off until round 3 at earliest. Same with Rayfire's submissions

I'm working on it, but it's been difficult juggling matches so far. I'm also assuring that no two submissions by someone are able to face off in the finals, so Kryn and Yekks are on the same side but wouldn't face off until round 3 at earliest. Same with Rayfire's submissions
M-mine?

Back