• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UT Revisions, Part 1?

I can get started whenever, really.

As a side note, I think it would be best if all of the pixel art for the characters had renders, rather than some being GIFs, just as a sort of standardization thing. That's what we have galleries for.

As I already said, I'm fine with the changes, but I just want to make sure the affected stats are edited correctly.

Most things become 7-B based on Perp's calc, I suppose.

Speed goes from Rel+ to "At least Massively Hypersonic+, likely much higher". As I've already explained many times, Napstablook's feat is very much legit, but is not calcable, and as such, we should make note of it, but go with the quantifiable MHS+ for the lower end.

Alright then, getting started now.

A couple other things to note:

Creatures not much weaker than Tsunderplane (i.e. Papyrus) should likely get to scale to Tsunderplane as well: otherwise, it would be "At least Froggit's level, likely much/significantly higher." Drawing a line as far as scaling the in-betweens might be difficult, though... ideas?

One other thing: do all of the profiles need a small essay of a summary? To me, it seems rather unnecessary to the profiles, and to just needlessly clog them up with spoilers and information they could find by just going to the Undertale wiki or, well, playing the game themselves.

Scaling things like Papyrus (who was also not really trying to hurt you in his battle) to Tsunderplane should be fine.

As I've already said, for most important characters, it's kinda important to knowing how they work, and if you don't wish to read them, you simply don't have to. Stuff like Tsunderplane, Lesser Dog, and other minor regular enemies do not need them, though.

So, how would Asgore and Undyne scale to this? Considering the two are supposed to be much stronger than regular monsters that you see in the game, how would their AP be rated?

Heck, would Asgore be bumped to 7-A due to him >>> all other monsters in general?

Also, I would keep the speed stat "likely much higher" strictly to Undyne and Asgore only. Keep the speed stat "At least Massively Hypersonic+" for the rest of the monsters.

Crazystarf said:
Undyne should probably be "At least 7-B"

Asgore should likely be something along the lines of "At least 7-A, possibly higher". Stats are shown to clearly not be linear, and even then, Asgore is multiple degrees stronger than Tsunderplane. He's supposed to be stronger than everything else by an immense degree.

The "likely much higher" should be fine for most things, really. The feat does belong to Napstablook, who isn't particularly powerful or fast compared to later game monsters.

Shouldn't it be notable that pretty much every monster ever can damage the soul and wield magic? Also, were we going to use Tsunderplane's speed for Froggit/the lower tiers? If not, I think I can find a back-up speed feat for them.

I'll look out for that, then. Should probably save what edits I have, for now, but I don't expect them to stay as-is...

Alright. So at this point, here are the profiles totally done with revisions.

Frisk

Undyne

Papyrus

Temmie

Mettaton

Asgore

Toriel

Tsunderplane

Mad Dummy

Muffet

Royal Guards

I'll check through them again at a later date, just to be safe that everyone's up to date and such.

Back