• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Using Undertale gameplay stats to determine tier?

Thought this wiki was against using stats (especially rpg stats) to determine how strong/fast character were in relation to each other, yet the Undertale pages use them all the time.

I seriously think we need a disclamer of that somewhere because we gets that question all the time.

Stats in Undertale doesn't affect gameplay at all there, it is a in-universe way of determinating the power of a monster compared to another.

For example, Asgore doesn't really have 80 attack stats in-game, but the CHECK option dictates that he has 80 attack, thus much stronger than any monsters.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I seriously think we need a disclamer of that somewhere because we gets that question all the time.
Stats in Undertale doesn't affect gameplay at all there, it is a in-universe way of determinating the power of a monster compared to another.

For example, Asgore doesn't really have 80 attack stats in-game, but the CHECK option dictates that he has 80 attack, thus much stronger than any monsters.
So it's more of a lore thing than a gameplay thing? (Like power-levels in DBZ except accurate?)

"Frisk, what does the check action say about his power level?"

"It's over 80!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Saikou The Lewd King said:

Thanks. I've been scratching my head at why Undertale stats are used on this wiki but this clears it up.

Back