• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, in-story it can be used to be aware of common plot conveniences, and as such preparation, but it is not usually useful for our type of matchups, no.

That said, we are primarily just a site that indexes statistics and abilities. The versus discussions are just there for our members to have some fun.

There are characters who can use breaking the 4th wall for combat techniques. Such as, I was watching a cartoon show were a character straight up BFR'd a character via tossing them past the closing screen. (You know those Loony Toons type shows were they have the screen close in with a circle?)

Also, Deadpool in Marvel vs Capcom is a good example of some weaponsied 4th wall breaking. Like slapping you with his health bar

Yes, but it isn't very useful for our type of matchups.

Yeah but Breaking the Fourth Wall isn't just useless, it's just...outright not an ability. Sometimes it's not even canon.

At least change our current descriptions, which describes it as "one of the most versatile ability"

Fourth wall awareness can't be nullified or absorbed,can it?As for its usefulness it depends on the users level

Yes, for example, She-Hulk and Gwenpool could move between different panels in a story.

However, I suppose that we could remove the final sentence, as Saikou suggested.

I would prefer more staff input first though.

Yeah for "one of the most versatile abilities out there" not once in my seven months on this site have I ever seen "[Insert character] via Breaking the Fourth Wall"

The ability to interact with reality as if it were a work of fiction, and manipulate it as such.

Stuff like Providence deleting save files, Psycho Mantis reading your memory card, or New Nightmare Freddy going to the real world.

Arale was able to use Toonforce and fight on-par with a Possibly Max-Power SSB Goku. So yeah.

Edit: Oh, Misread the thing. Basic stuff like precog and crap; or at higher levels you could directly speak to the authors to change something which would be indirect Reality Warping/Plot Manipulation.

Back